PDA

View Full Version : A long bottom and reaching for classic length

Emichiee
March 18th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I need to know if I'm alone feeling like that..it seems to take forever for my hair to pass that curve down there :uhh:
It is growing just as fast as usual (1.7cm =0.8"?) but I never really see much length gain. When I measure though I really see a gain...:confused:

I even take pictures undressed so I can see exactly how far my hair has gotten :o

First I thought I might have a long bottom...but then it occured to me that it also has to go past a 3D bulge (nice to see from the side)

At least its not resting on top of my butt anymore..I think it should go faster from now on :D

Ok..so who felt like it took forever to reach classic?

edit: sorry my first post on the new boards and its so silly..

Emi

freznow
March 18th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I'm at just about the same place! It's annoying because typically my hair is rather straight, but when it hits the curve, the ends curve a bit and it looks shorter than it is. And taper doesn't help.

I've been trying to just forget about it and let it grow... But it does seem to be taking forever. I guess the good thing is that I'm noticing growth. At tb I thought I was stalling, but that may just be it attempting to get enough length to start going up the curve...

Feisty Redhead
March 18th, 2008, 02:11 PM
My hair is not nearly as long as yours... but maybe it just seems like it's taking so long because you're excited for it to get there? My hair has been so close to waist length for what feels like forever now. I know it's still growing at it's usual rate, and I know it's gotten significantly longer. But it seems like it just doesn't want to actually reach waist length yet and it drives me nuts if I think about it too much.

:bigflower:

winter
March 18th, 2008, 02:15 PM
I felt the same way you do when I went for classic, it took forever to get there! But I have a quite big bum so I guess that's why. I also think it is because the bum is curved and not straight as the back, so it seems like it has to grow for longer.

Now that I am past classic it feels like it's growing faster, maybe becasue I'm past that obsticle.

Leisha
March 18th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I think it's because the distance between tailbone and classic is just quite big, on everyone!

The distance between, say armpit and BSL, BSL and mid-back, or mid-back and waist, or waist and TB is just less on anyone, only a few inches.

Maybe there should be a length classification between TB and classic... like "middle of butt" length or "my hair now reaches the point where my butt sticks out the most" ;)

Then the distance to the next length "milestone" wouldn't be so long...

Shandra
March 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I totally feel ya on the classic weight. Being a curvey gal, it's taking FOREVER to grow that last inch. ::sigh::

Meli
March 18th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Maybe there should be a length classification between TB and classic... like "middle of butt" length or "my hair now reaches the point where my butt sticks out the most" ;)

Then the distance to the next length "milestone" wouldn't be so long...

What about "sit-on length"? :p At least for me, that would be about three inches before classic... (And two inches longer than I ever have had...) I am seriously considering putting it up as my next minigoal when I have reached TBL again :D

Flying Betty
March 18th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I guess that's one advantage of being short waisted- tailbone to almost-classic hasn't really taken very long for me. I did hate the resting on top of my butt stage- especially since I have quite enough butt for it to rest on. I'm not sure how you're getting sit on length well before classic, unless you're slouching or only sitting on squishy things, but everyone's body is different of course.

physicschick
March 18th, 2008, 06:22 PM
[LEFT]I think it's because the distance between tailbone and classic is just quite big, on everyone!
Yes! I did a poll about this a while back. (That might have been on the distance from waist to classic, actually.) It's a lot of inches, and it takes a while for any of us. I was thinking my distance was abnormally long, but once I saw the poll results, I realized that many of us are in the same boat. I got to classic, though, and so can you!

birdiefu
March 18th, 2008, 11:22 PM
I agree that it seems like it takes forever to move down the butt! The only other stage that seemed to take a long time (though not *this* long) was BSL to waist on me. Hip to tailbone happened in a flash, and now it feels like it will take two years to get to classic. I'm still sadly at the 'resting on the butt' stage and haven't surpassed the curve.

So I guess I'm just at 'sit-on-it' length. Or maybe 'longer-than-the bottom-of-DH's-shirts' length, though that isn't particularly scientific!

Emichiee
March 19th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Thank you for the answers. I guess Im not alone at all. Im just so used to reaching lengths pretty quickly that this one seems to drive me nuts :silly:

I have adapted the term butt-length a while ago. After all the trimming, maintaining and slow growing I got so tired of Tailbone eventually :lol:
Recently I even referred to my length as lower half of my butt..^^, Im really thin but my butt is about one of the biggest body parts especially compared to the rest :blushing:

Luckily I have passed that arkward stage where the hair rested on top of the bottom all the time, causing a wave to the ends.

physicschick

I assume the poll was on the old boards? Interesting poll though..

zift
March 19th, 2008, 01:26 PM
.^^, Im really thin but my butt is about one of the biggest body parts especially compared to the rest :blushing:

I was just thinking this Emichiee, when I first read your thread message I thought you went crazy or I was mistaking you for someone else??Because as I remember you have one of the tiniest butts I've ever seen hehe And I believe that butt actually is supposed to be bigger than most of body parts especially in a woman's body. So don't worry on that one;) And if I were you I wouldn't worry about reaching a certain length too ,your hair is so amazingly beautiful and would look astonishing at any length. And actually it looks nice on your butt (aesthetic I mean) and shows off your body curves and cute butt better hehe be positive:D

Emichiee
March 19th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I was just thinking this Emichiee, when I first read your thread message I thought you went crazy or I was mistaking you for someone else??Because as I remember you have one of the tiniest butts I've ever seen hehe And I believe that butt actually is supposed to be bigger than most of body parts especially in a woman's body. So don't worry on that one;) And if I were you I wouldn't worry about reaching a certain length too ,your hair is so amazingly beautiful and would look astonishing at any length. And actually it looks nice on your butt (aesthetic I mean) and shows off your body curves and cute butt better hehe be positive:D

I think you might be mistaking me for someone else, or at least my butt ^^..even my husband says its..well not huge but curvy and it really sticks out compared to thin arms etc.
Oh and yeah it is the biggest body part..Im not feeling bad about it though I actually like it. Being this skinny Im glad I got some bust and butt ;)

Thank you I really hope my hair will look good at classic, its such a nice length :)

Ok I found a picture that shows a little what my hair has to "pass" before reaching classic. The pic is from Jan.07 I believe.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h294/Emichiee/butt.jpg

Little bit cut off by the camera, I took a better one from the side once..that would be sth. fun for my blog I guess.

B.T.Carolus
March 19th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I think my hair has slowed down now that Its gotten down to(wards) my butt. It's just shy of tailbone length, and is now descending at a snail's pace. I've started measuring only once every couple of months so that I can be deliriously happy over 1 cm of growth.

Stagecoach
March 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Oh boy can I remember how that felt! And I DO have an unusualy long drop from waist to classic.

But, I've found that now I'm past classic, I notice my growth more again!

physicschick
March 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM
physicschick

I assume the poll was on the old boards? Interesting poll though..

Yes, unfortunately. We can dig it up once the archive is available.

mira-chan
March 19th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Oh boy can I remember how that felt! And I DO have an unusualy long drop from waist to classic.

But, I've found that now I'm past classic, I notice my growth more again!

I have the exact opposite porblem. From tailbone to classic grew in exactly a year for me, 6 inches. I'm having more of a problem now at the endless thigh. I just don't see much growth there, even though it grew from 42 and 46, when I look at the length.

Robbi Dehlinger
March 19th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Hi!

Maybe it is psychological? The old "Watched pot never boils" thingie?

Just hang in there and baby your hair and it will get there? (Famous last words from a girl with extreme hair loss? Namely me!)

God Bless,

Robbi

HairColoredHair
March 19th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Tailbone to classic took me FOREVER. 'Course I had to relearn to keep my hair up.

MadPirateBippy
March 20th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I have a huge butt. I feel your pain.

I actually have a weirdly long butt, it makes pants difficult to fit (turns out I just have tall hip bones, but visually, it makes my butt look LOOOOONG) so tailbone to classic is going to drive me batty.

Melein
March 20th, 2008, 02:04 AM
I too have this problem, having a very pear-shaped figure. I've sort of come to accept my big butt, it's not going anywhere! - however, it's the main reason I don't intend to grow my hair past tailbone length, I think I would look very silly at any length between TB and classic, and I'd be there a long time!

Lisa-Maria
March 20th, 2008, 02:16 AM
I know how you feel, took forever and I still don't feel like I'm quite passed my bum yet since my hair's so thin at the tips

shrimp
March 20th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Yup, it seems to take forever. For a while I thought I'd stalled completely.

I've actually given up on length for a while and gone back to curls so that my hair is a lot shorter when down - just kind of takes my mind off the length issues for a while. I'm planning on startign to trim when I hit classic so getting there will mean a big change for me (I haven't had regular trims for....... years!)
Hopefully reverting to curls doesn't mean I'll adapt to the point where I won't accept I'm classic length until it's classic when curly - that goal I don't think I could ever reach!

Alenka
March 20th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Hi Emichiee.
I can understand your problem since I might face it as well in a couple of years from now.
I have read that you've been trimming your hair frequently.
Try to let it grow without trims until it covers your butt completely and start trimming it from there on again.
Just a thought.

Emichiee
March 20th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Hm..I have started with 90cm in July 07 and now have 100 cm of length. Thats 10cm length gain with frequent trims and 2 months of trimming off all growth.

That is not even a year of trying for classic..I guess I really am too impatient and didnt consider that its also a greater distance. And like said my butt seems to make the hair look shorter because of the bulge of course ;)

-Alenka

I tried without trims for 9 months..didnt like it and in the end it seems to take forever to even up the hemline :( My hair grows incredibly uneven and V-shaped.

I guess I really shouldnt pay too much attention to it..:rolleyes: but its so difficult sometimes..

Poppy Seed
May 12th, 2008, 04:46 AM
With you all!!!! I'm at that stage where I don't quite want to call it classic...but I REALLY do want to. It doesn't seem to have taken very long to get from tailbone to 'almost classic' but it's taking forever to get to 'classic at last'.

Maybe we should have those two places as goals? 'Almost Classic' and 'Classic At Last'?

I also don't own any tight jeans, and my butt is the biggest curve in my body.

Hurry hair!

KatKeRo
May 12th, 2008, 05:22 AM
I'm at that stage also and it seems that it takes forever.
I'll be happy when I can sit on it, it will feel like getting there.