PDA

View Full Version : No heat curls....there are really cool!!

Jeleebaby
August 12th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Looked everywhere on here for a no heat curl thread, I'm sure there is one but I can't for the life of me find it!

I curled the little ones stick straight classic length hair on drinking straws (there is a tutorial on the cutegirlshairstyles channel) and these were the results.

I dampened it down, added a little gel and wrapped a head scarf around to keep the straws in over night. It was such a change it took me all day to get used to it :)

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/jeleebaby/null_zpsc1953618.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/user/jeleebaby/media/null_zpsc1953618.jpg.html)

Nesoi
August 12th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Adorable!!! Did the curl hold all day? Was your LO thrilled?

Jeleebaby
August 12th, 2013, 05:46 AM
It held all day, and when I brushed the tangle teezer through it the next day she had lovely big 70s waves. She's already asking to have it again

YamaMaya
August 12th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Have you tried rag curls? Those have the added bonus of being comfy to sleep in :D

Flick6
August 12th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Rag curls are fabulous! My daughter has straight thick hair and it is one of the est ways of getting her hair curly. Those straw curls are pretty! Was it bulky? Last night I did two rope braids into my daughter's amp hair with a bit of aloe and that turnde out into lovely curls as well. They get so excited to have curly hair for a couple of days :)

Jeleebaby
August 12th, 2013, 06:25 AM
She found the straws more comfortable than the rags as they are far less bulky. They also give a tighter curl than the rags.

Flick6
August 12th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Sorry the "D" on my keyboard is sticking! "damp". Please excuse other assorted typos!

Crabbyco
August 12th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Looks like Merida curls. I may have to try that.

jacqueline101
August 12th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I love it.

purrmonsterr
August 12th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Wow, beautiful curls! Good job!

I LOVE no heat curls! My grandma taught me how to do rag curls and my great grandma taught me how to do pin curls. It's definitely my favorite way to style my hair!

blace
August 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Looks like Merida curls. I may have to try that.

Just what I thought. Looks beautiful.

Peggy E.
August 12th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I love the soft full curls you get with sock curls. I have trouble with rag curls, as my hair tends to tangle up around the rags. This doesn't happen with the socks.

This style was beautiful, though.