PDA

View Full Version : Are BCL and TBL the same thing?

SilknStarch
August 11th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Silly question I know, however to me the tail bone starts somewhat lower than the vertical smile so I am asking. I don't see BCL listed in any of the "official" length references. So is BCL just "slang" for TBL or are they different?

teela1978
August 11th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Depends on the person. They're bodily markers and I suppose some people might have their tailbone be right at their butt crack, while others might have their tailbone lower than the start of their butt crack. Wherever it falls on you, you can call it. imho.

faellen
August 11th, 2013, 05:21 PM
I was wondering the exact same thing today too! :p
For me, at least, they're pretty much the same - or at least, not far apart enough to bother using two separate markers!

lapushka
August 11th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Normally your TB is lower than your BC. Your TB goes all the way in.

SilknStarch
August 11th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Kinda what I thought, clear as mud. I am still calling mine BCL... I will start calling it TBL when it touches the chair when seated. All settled (in my own mind anyway). : )

Mesmerise
August 12th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Honestly, there's only about an inch between BCL and TBL on me, so I'm not sure I'd see a point in making a distinction (when all the other markers are noticably further apart than 1").

spirals
August 12th, 2013, 01:13 AM
I think my tailbone is probably an inch or so lower, but I do not like using the term BCL 'cause it gives me a gross mental image. So I just say tailbone.