PDA

View Full Version : "Compact cut" method, short layers

lapushka
August 10th, 2013, 09:43 AM
This is exactly how to do one of the compact cuts from the book, "Haircutting for dummies". It's how to get short layers. The other method, for long layers, is when you stick the ponytail on top of your head instead of on your forehead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-GAilMmCqQ

Leeloo
August 10th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Great video, so simple

Anje
August 10th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Nice. Of course, the layer length is relative. I've done similar cuts with mine, but when you're trimming to tailbone, the layers won't frame your face!

leslissocool
August 10th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Nice. Of course, the layer length is relative. I've done similar cuts with mine, but when you're trimming to tailbone, the layers won't frame your face!

You can split the hair in half (or less) and keep a blunt hemline, while cutting layers that will frame your face. I did that once at hip, before a hairdresser cut it off to a monroe cut. That way you have a hemline, and layers that do frame your face.

Before I got a creaclip I did a lot of these cuts. Now with the creaclip it's easier to just use that instead of the pony, it's more precise IMO.

goldenlady
August 10th, 2013, 03:16 PM
You can split the hair in half (or less) and keep a blunt hemline, while cutting layers that will frame your face. I did that once at hip, before a hairdresser cut it off to a monroe cut. That way you have a hemline, and layers that do frame your face..

I really like this idea. I'm planning a cut before I start back Uni - so will probably end up trying this.

blackcatw81
August 10th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I've watched the yt video and... Please, use an hairdresser scissors! :agape:

jeanniet
August 10th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I've watched the yt video and... Please, use an hairdresser scissors! :agape:

You're right...eek!

massivecnqstdr
August 10th, 2013, 06:13 PM
I've seen this video before, and something about the way the weight of the hair got distributed bugged me. I definitely don't think the hair would stand out as problematic if I saw her on the street, but I also wouldn't think "wow, I want my layers to look like that!"

BeccaAngel
August 10th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I seen this done, infact i've done it to my sister's hair and my own in the past. works pretty well but it wont be very even if you aren't careful :P

jacqueline101
August 10th, 2013, 08:27 PM
I do the ponytail trim and got rid of layers I'm sure it can add some.