PDA

View Full Version : First LHC anniversary & Pixie-to-Shoulder update with pics :)

Simone_Fatale
August 10th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Hey guys and girls of (T)LHC!

Some of you may know me from desperate rants on every possible thread about growing out a pixie cut and I've been on and off this forum for quite a period of time depending on college exams and available free time, but I'm back now with a new hair update. I can't believe it's already been a year since I've registered here and roughly a year and a half since I decided to grow out my hair. Before I start bombing you with pics I'd just like to thank you all for lots of useful advice and words of support through the crazy awkward stage, especially my fellow super shorties from the super shortie thread! Thanks guys :)

Long hair is a very powerful and important symbol for me, I've always associated it with the power of nature, mystical sensuality and beauty both masculine and feminine. Growing out my hair was a big journey, not only physical but also spiritual as I've rejected all social criticism and frowns, embracing my true nature and gender and decided to transition into a woman I've always been inside. I've yet to start hormone replacement therapy next year because I want to graduate from college first, but the most important step - realizing what I need and I am, coming out and getting support and approval from my loved ones - has already been done. With every inch of hair gained, I went a step closer to the happiness I feel now.

My final hair length goal is somewhere between midback and waist now, but as I progress I may want it even longer.

Anyway, this is what it all started with. A pixie with a flat-ironed fringe and a bleached&shaved side design. January-February 2012.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/6880/ligr.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/ligr.jpg/)

Six months later, in August, I stumbled upon the LHC and instantly fell in love. My hair was already a pain in the butt, not even covering the ears and with bangs to distract from the messy mullety back. A flat iron was religiously needed for styling.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2126/n4aw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/n4aw.jpg/)

This is how my hair looks now - exactly a year after registering here & 3 months after giving up my daily flat iron usage.

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/9237/f9r2.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/222/s1a6.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img547/2509/z9ey.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img825/5843/ontq.jpg

There is still some flat iron damage I wanna trim, a little bit at a time as I don't wanna lose too much length, but I wanna keep the layers as they work nice with my natural hair texture, IMHO, but generally I'm very happy with the health and look of my hair. I do regret using so much heat on it but I'd probably give up on growing out my hair during the awkward stages if I hadn't had a flat iron to tame it and make it look somewhat groomed. I also stopped using cone-heavy products except an occasional keratin mask treatment, using an organic shampoo and conditioner instead with a touch of olive or coconut oil here and there.

Happy growing everyone! :)

Miss Maisie
August 10th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Please never use a flat iron again. Your natural hair texture is AMAZING. Seriously. Just beautiful!

Also, you are striking, and the longer length suits you. I can't wait to see more pics as your hair grows!

hellucy
August 10th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Congratulations on making it this far :joy:
Your hair looks gorgeous and the longer length suits you beautifully.

Simone_Fatale
August 10th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Please never use a flat iron again. Your natural hair texture is AMAZING. Seriously. Just beautiful!

Also, you are striking, and the longer length suits you. I can't wait to see more pics as your hair grows!
A lot of people made me promise that I'll never touch a flat iron again in my life! I make the same vow to you :) Thank you for your kind words.

Congratulations on making it this far :joy:
Your hair looks gorgeous and the longer length suits you beautifully.
Thank you :)

leslissocool
August 10th, 2013, 04:08 AM
I love your natural texture too!

I got to say, you look stunning in all the pictures, but the 4th on from the top is just striking :thud:. You look really great with long hair, it really suits your features.

MaryMarx
August 10th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Great decision, you look awsome in long hair and I'll be looking forward to more pics. :)

Simone_Fatale
August 10th, 2013, 04:37 AM
I love your natural texture too!

I got to say, you look stunning in all the pictures, but the 4th on from the top is just striking :thud:. You look really great with long hair, it really suits your features.
Thanks, leslissocool :)

Great decision, you look awsome in long hair and I'll be looking forward to more pics. :)
That's very sweet, thank you :) More pics will definitely come as I finally feel my hair is getting long enough to flaunt it. :D

ebullience
August 10th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Your hair is lovely, and I absolutely agree with everyone else that longer hair suits you perfectly! Good luck with your future growth :)

MaryO
August 10th, 2013, 06:08 AM
You and your hair look lovely! I am rather jealous of your good growth, wish I had the same. Good luck with getting to your GL!

jacqueline101
August 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Your new long hair is great.

Dragon
August 10th, 2013, 07:42 AM
I love your natural texture, you've made great progress. I also agree that long hair suits you. Happy anniversary :)

Maybe
August 10th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Happy Anniversary, you look great :)

Kiwiwi
August 10th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Wow, you are beautiful!
And your hair is beautiful,too. I love the wavies! And this length looks great on you!

Good for you for figuring out who you are and working to be yourself completely!
I am glad your loved ones support you! Hurray for you!
Again; you are beautiful!

sarahthegemini
August 10th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Wow, your hair looks fantastic. And your face is so striking.

browneyedsusan
August 10th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Long time, no see! :waving:

Your hair looks great! Good job hanging tough through the awkward stages. It really looks gorgeous now!

Soraya
August 10th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't have noticed the heat damage at all! Still don't see any, actually. And the length is already really pretty on you!

PS. the black/white picture especially is very passable, if you don't mind me pointing it out :D

Anabell
August 10th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Happy anniversary!
I love your hair texture. Your hair looks beautiful both short and long. Happy growing :)

Simone_Fatale
August 10th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Thank you all, you're all too kind :)

Wow, you are beautiful!
And your hair is beautiful,too. I love the wavies! And this length looks great on you!

Good for you for figuring out who you are and working to be yourself completely!
It took some time and dealing with stuff but it was totally worth it. Thank you for the support :)

Long time, no see! :waving:

Your hair looks great! Good job hanging tough through the awkward stages. It really looks gorgeous now!
Hey, fellow super shortie! I guess we showed them how growing is done :D You've also made great progress and wow, that color is stunning! :) Thanks :)

I wouldn't have noticed the heat damage at all! Still don't see any, actually. And the length is already really pretty on you!

PS. the black/white picture especially is very passable, if you don't mind me pointing it out :D
Thank you :) I did some make up contouring on the b&w pic so maybe that's why :) I just can't wait to start hormone replacement therapy, that's gonna change everything dramatically.

SerinaDaith
August 10th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Love the hair growth along with the personal growth. I think the sooner people can figure out what they need to be happy the better!

AnnaB
August 10th, 2013, 08:56 AM
amazing progress!!! you've done so well! the shoulder length really suits you too :) cant wait for the next anniversary :)

Dandelion6
August 10th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your journey. You are very beautiful and longer hair clearly suits you. Yes, stay away from flat irons!

DancingQueen
August 10th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Wow, your hair looks amazing! You look gorgeous with shoulder-length hair, and if I may says so, I love picture number 3 & 4 of you. :flower:

humble_knight
August 10th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Long hair is a very powerful and important symbol for me, I've always associated it with the power of nature, mystical sensuality and beauty both masculine and feminine. Growing out my hair was a big journey, not only physical but also spiritual as I've rejected all social criticism and frowns, embracing my true nature and gender and decided to transition into a woman I've always been inside. I've yet to start hormone replacement therapy next year because I want to graduate from college first, but the most important step - realizing what I need and I am, coming out and getting support and approval from my loved ones - has already been done. With every inch of hair gained, I went a step closer to the happiness I feel now.

Good for you that you embraced your true nature and for deciding to transition into a woman! I don't know if I will ever be ready to do that, but I admire every person who does! Good luck with your continued hair-growing journey!

HumanBean
August 10th, 2013, 10:20 AM
You are gorgeous! Happy growing!

Leeloo
August 10th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Happy hairversary! Longer style looks gorgeous on your. Your hair is so pretty!

Irish Fae
August 10th, 2013, 01:00 PM
You have absolutely stunning hair! I love the texture and colour!

Maktub
August 10th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Gorgeous and impressive growth !

sisi33
August 10th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Congratulations! You and your hair are gorgeous!

McFearless
August 10th, 2013, 02:42 PM
You are gorgeous! I love your hair. I remember your presence in the super shorties thread which I've been reading for inspiration. You've come a long way :)

Skade
August 10th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks for sharing all the beautiful photos. You and your hair looks great!

WilfredAllen
August 10th, 2013, 04:15 PM
You and your hair are beautiful. Pixie to shoulder is probably the most awkward, long, painful phase. I'm happy to see through you got through it alive lol (:

ps. I think you're making a good choice to postpone hormone therapy until you're done school

WilfredAllen
August 10th, 2013, 04:31 PM
-*:-:*:-:*:-:*-

Magalo
August 10th, 2013, 05:02 PM
I think I'm in love with you *o*

Simone_Fatale
August 10th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Thank you all for your support and kind words, you really put a smile on my face and I'm glad that my journey has touched you in any way. I hope I inspired all of you to embrace your inner self and express it, not caring what others percieve as right or wrong. Happy growing! :)

Nesoi
August 10th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks wonderful and you are so beautiful!

I agree that hair is a huge part of self-expression and self-identification. I have a friend who transitioned FtM and hair was a huge part of it for him too. I'm looking forward to seeing more hair pics from you as it grows! :blossom:

Yedda
August 10th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Very beautiful!

LoveAngelBeauty
August 10th, 2013, 07:29 PM
what is your gender?

Simone_Fatale
August 11th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks wonderful and you are so beautiful!

I agree that hair is a huge part of self-expression and self-identification. I have a friend who transitioned FtM and hair was a huge part of it for him too. I'm looking forward to seeing more hair pics from you as it grows! :blossom:
Thanks :) Yeah, I agree that hair is a big piece of our identity and something that can drastically change our appeareance.

Very beautiful!

what is your gender?
My gender is female, although my current sex status is male, so that would make me a pre-op, pre-hormones transgender female. :)

Lady Mary
August 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM
You are beautiful living proof that people can be born the wrong sex. Your hair looks fantastic by the way! Best wishes.

nakima
August 14th, 2013, 01:21 PM
This look suites you very, well so beautiful!

Simone_Fatale
August 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
You are beautiful living proof that people can be born the wrong sex. Your hair looks fantastic by the way! Best wishes.
Thanks :) It made me smile that you correctly identified that the sex is wrong in my case, not gender. As there is no single operation or drug in the world that can change how we percieve our gender and make somebody that indentifies as a girl, suddenly identify as a boy. But there are hormones and surgeries that can make our sex match our gender. So thanks again... It feels good to be appreciated and complimented, but even more so to be understood.

This look suites you very, well so beautiful!

longNred
August 14th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Wow, long hair suits you! Keep growing! Looks amazing so far!!

Simone_Fatale
August 14th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Wow, long hair suits you! Keep growing! Looks amazing so far!!
I most definitely will! Thanks :)

MintChocChip
August 14th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Wow, you are beautiful!

I second this, one hundred percent! Very well put! :D

Your hair texture is lovely! Happy anniversary! And enjoy the rest of your growth journey! ^^

Simone_Fatale
August 14th, 2013, 10:08 PM
I second this, one hundred percent! Very well put! :D

Your hair texture is lovely! Happy anniversary! And enjoy the rest of your growth journey! ^^

Darkessa
August 14th, 2013, 10:35 PM
It looks gorgeous! As you do!
Congrats on the progress!

Ambystoma
August 14th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Congrats on making it through the awful pixie growout phase! Your new length really suits you, you look very pretty with it!
Best of luck with the transition too :cheer:

Simone_Fatale
August 14th, 2013, 11:18 PM
It looks gorgeous! As you do!
Congrats on the progress!

Congrats on making it through the awful pixie growout phase! Your new length really suits you, you look very pretty with it!
Best of luck with the transition too :cheer:

Thanks, gals, I really appreciate it :)

kallarina
August 15th, 2013, 01:59 AM
You and your hair are simply stunning! I know everyone here has already said it, but I just had to say it again. :)
I'm so glad to see such strong support for you, and it makes me so indescribably, unbelievably happy to see you pursue your happiness, despite any obstacles you may have faced. Thank you for sharing your journey so far, and I really hope that you have continuing support and happiness on the rest of your journey.
Much happiness, positive vibes, and blessings be with you!

blace
August 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM
The longer lengths looks great. I can't wait to see more pictures. Your hair looks so healthy and happy!

Simone_Fatale
August 16th, 2013, 02:18 AM
You and your hair are simply stunning! I know everyone here has already said it, but I just had to say it again. :)
I'm so glad to see such strong support for you, and it makes me so indescribably, unbelievably happy to see you pursue your happiness, despite any obstacles you may have faced. Thank you for sharing your journey so far, and I really hope that you have continuing support and happiness on the rest of your journey.
Much happiness, positive vibes, and blessings be with you!
Thank you for your support, I'm glad that my journey has touched you guys :) I didn't expect so many positive comments and words of encouragement.

The longer lengths looks great. I can't wait to see more pictures. Your hair looks so healthy and happy!