PDA

View Full Version : One year on LHC

Anabell
August 9th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Hey everyone!
So... that was my first year on LHC.

My hair story:
I always wanted long hair, since I was a kid. I have a friend that has really long hair when we were like 5 years old. I always told my mom that I wanted to grow my hair so it will be as long as her's. But I wasn't consistent with that wish. Every 2-3 years I was going to a hairdresser and cutting my hair. Then, in 2005 (I was almost 15 back then) I was going to my hairdresser and asked for something new. She re-cutted my layers and made them shorter- the longer layer was collar bone length. She also added a lot of highlights- red and blond ones. The change in the lenght wasn't really extreme- my hair was in some mid lenght before that- apl or maybe a bit longer but this was the shortes I have since I was a kid (I had a bob haircut when I was in the kindergarden). I realy liked this hairstyle. It was so colorfull. And every single hair lays in the right place. After a wash and airdrying it looked like I spent hours in the hair salon.

But after several months I start to get bored. It looked fabulous but the only two options I had was wear it down or put it into a tiny ponytail. That was also the time when I learnt how to french braid for the first time. My friend tried it out on my hair, but it was too slippery and didn't stayed in place when I tried it on myself. Then I decided that I wanted to grow my hair long, Really long. My goal was "until the end of the back". I wasn't familier with the body marks yet, but I think it was BCL. I wanted that all the upper half of my body would be covered with hair.

In the first period I was continued to cut in layers (my hairdresser saved the length. I really could trust her). Then I wanted a blunt cut so I didn't cut it at all, beside several big trims to get rid of the layers.
Then, in the last year my hair started to be too long. I couldn't wear it in the bun anymore- it just fell out (I mean the regular swirled bun with scrunchy). Most of the time I wear it in a braids but I need to bun it at least for the showers that wasn't in a wash day. I had two options- to cut my hair to a more manageable length or to find some new ways to put it up. I am really stubborn so I chose the last one. I googled "hairstyles for long hair". And that how I've found LHC :)

My hair routine:
The main things I changed since i've joined LHC is the oiling.
I wash my hair twice a week (every 4-5 days). I shampoo my scalp and wash, then condish the length and fingercomb it. After 20-30 minutes I wash out the conditioner. I add to my conditioner 2-3 tea spoons of olive oil and mix them togheter in a plastic box. I add little more conditioner than oil, but it almost 1:1 proportion. I light oil my hair with my serume after the wash, sometimes with mineral oil. Before I got the serume I was oilling with olive oil. Then I fingercomb again when my hair is dump. I try to fingercomb at least once a day, sometimes twice. The fingers smarter than the comb- I can feel the knot before ripping through. I wear my hair most of the time in an english braid. This is also my sleep hairstyle. I still experimenting and trying to change things in my routine. My hair serume is basiclly mix of 5 oils (no any fragrance or preservation ingredients): grape seed oil, jojova seed oil, sea buckthorn oil, argan oil and orange seed oil.

The braids keep my hair moisturized and tangle free after sleep. I can run my fingers smoothly through all my lenght except the roots and the ends. The ends have tangles because they are out of the braid and get more messy in the night. They also the most damaged. The roots is also out of the braid (unless it is a french\dutch braid) and they don't get any oiling so the only moisturize that they get is from sebume. French braid with a paranda solved those problems completly, but it's a hassle to do it every night.

Oh, and I also grow out my natural hair color for like... 3 years. I wanted to be a redhead so badly. I've been at my hairdresser and she actually said no. She said that my hair is very long (was hip length) and it will damage the ends. I was stupid and didn't listened and asked her to try it anyway. We didn't bleach first though. It turned out some dark red, like a glass of wine. It was really stand out in the sunlight, but wasn't red enough for me in-doors. Then I wasn't sure if I want to maintain the color or let it grow, beacause it wasn't red enough. So it just grew it out while I was thinking. Then a year after I decided to re-dye it in another shed of red. Because it faded out I needed to dye the length as well. And then after another year I did it again. Every time I try another shed of red. Then I decided to grow it out becuse I chose the texture over the color. Even thuogh we didn't do the pre bleach before the dye my hair appears to be coarser and lay more flat on my head, and I didn't liked it.
If I'll ever want to dye it again I will try the henna. I also changed my mind and now i'm not all about the bright sheds of red anymore- now the color that I wanted back then looks unnatural to me like a wig.

So now for the pictures:

My hair in August 2012:
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg634/ebest60/Mitsy%20hair/69714a2b-e5f0-4dd1-81fb-1b085f6d738d_zps8418e918.jpg

I admit it wasn't the best lenght shot. You can't see the ends. It was TBL or a little bit longer.

August 2013:
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg634/ebest60/Mitsy%20hair/cc01a3fb-f0a0-41d8-bbd4-42c6846b0f8c_zpscc88203e.jpg

I have a natural blond highlight. I almost fogot about it when my hair was red. I also found some subtle red highlight and some mediume brown sheds. This picture show all the colors in my virgin hair:
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg634/ebest60/Mitsy%20hair/c934edc3-ade2-4dfd-a43e-bba2908ea93d_zpscfd6c18b.jpg
Sorry about the flyaways. It was after letting down my sleep braid so it's messy.

Now my hair is FTL. For now I decided to maintain it in this length and improve my hemline. It also give me some time to get used to this length and practice in hairstyles and in general hair care. Maybe some day I will try to grow it to knee lenght.

thank you for watching :)

GrowingGlory
August 9th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks beautiful.

hafattack
August 9th, 2013, 10:12 AM
I am in awe, seriously. You have beautiful hair, and I love all the colors in it. So good to have you at LHC :)

melusine963
August 9th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Your hair is magnificent! And I love that highlight. :)

faellen
August 9th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Ooh I love those natural highlights! Great hair :)

Neecola
August 9th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Wow, gorgeous hair! I used to dye my hair a very vivid red and I agree, it did look totally fake but I loved it. However, as I'm getting older I think if I were to do that today it would not be very flattering. Thank goodness for henna :cloud9:

Thank you for sharing your pictures and routine! I like your idea of mixing conditioner and oil together.

Leeloo
August 9th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is just gorgeous!

jacqueline101
August 9th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Your hair looks great congrats on your anniversary.

Surinecet
August 9th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Congrats, your hair is so beautiful!

Indigostreams
August 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Just wanted to say you're hair is beautiful, and I LOVE the color. So are the second and last picture showing your natural color? And if not, how did you get that color? Because I want it :)

MaryMarx
August 9th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Each picture is more stunning than the one before! You should be really happy. :)

dulce
August 9th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Absolutely gorgeous hair ,check out the wide tooth comb African butterfly clips and Grahtoe studio hair forks for some easy to do styles with these items.. Your hair in a pony or bun or half up with these two items would look so great.

Wasy
August 9th, 2013, 04:58 PM
omg your hair is amazing! your hard work has definitely paid off - congrats!

CaranDulin
August 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM
:thud: So beautiful! Thank you for sharing, and congratulations!

Maybe
August 9th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Wow, so beautiful!

Rebecka
August 10th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Amazing! Can't help envying :)

leslissocool
August 10th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Congrats, your hair is gorgeous! :crush:

Dragon
August 10th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Happy anniversary :) All the hard work has paid off.

Micayla47
August 10th, 2013, 01:44 AM
happy anniversary and thank you for the lovely pictures!

CurlMonster
August 10th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Your hair is stunning! It look so healthy and I love your natural highlights. :)

MunaZaldrizoti
August 10th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Your hair is stunning! :)

Simone_Fatale
August 10th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Wow, your hair is so pretty, both color and texture! If it were one shade lighter, it would be just like my perfect dream hair *.* Happy growing! :)

MaryO
August 10th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Whaaaat!! Your hair is gorgeous!! Congratulations! :-)

Anabell
August 10th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Thank you everyone for all the lovely compliments :) I so happy I found this site.

Wow, gorgeous hair! I used to dye my hair a very vivid red and I agree, it did look totally fake but I loved it. However, as I'm getting older I think if I were to do that today it would not be very flattering. Thank goodness for henna :cloud9:
Well, I have to admit I still love this color on others... :o
The funny thing that this kind of red (or any kind) don't suit my face at all because I have red\pink undertones in my skin. But I wanted it anyway. lol. And henna is great. If I won't love all the silver highlights I will definetly go with the henna.

Just wanted to say you're hair is beautiful, and I LOVE the color. So are the second and last picture showing your natural color? And if not, how did you get that color? Because I want it :)
Oh, thank you :)
If you look at the second picture you will notice some difference from the shoulders above. It realy hard to see the demarction line in this picture (and it kind of wierd- you can see that it has some V shape). In the last one it all virgin hair. If you want to enhance highlights I heard that some mixture with honey can do that (mixed with some other moisturizing things as home-made conditioner). I didn't try it by myself, though.

AnnaB
August 10th, 2013, 08:55 AM
your hair looks amazing. Happy anniversary :D

Indigostreams
August 10th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Thank you everyone for all the lovely compliments :) I so happy I found this site.

Well, I have to admit I still love this color on others... :o
The funny thing that this kind of red (or any kind) don't suit my face at all because I have red\pink undertones in my skin. But I wanted it anyway. lol. And henna is great. If I won't love all the silver highlights I will definetly go with the henna.

Oh, thank you :)
If you look at the second picture you will notice some difference from the shoulders above. It realy hard to see the demarction line in this picture (and it kind of wierd- you can see that it has some V shape). In the last one it all virgin hair. If you want to enhance highlights I heard that some mixture with honey can do that (mixed with some other moisturizing things as home-made conditioner). I didn't try it by myself, though. Yeah, I've tried honey lightening a few times, but I never saw a difference. I admire the reddish-brown tones in your hair though.

Adelynd
August 10th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Gorgeous hair! Love the highlights.

Night_Kitten
August 10th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Happy Hairniversary! :D

Your hair is absolutely stunning, simply gorgeous :)

sisi33
August 10th, 2013, 02:08 PM
A year has really made a difference in the your health of your hair! Congratulations!

Anabell
August 10th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I've tried honey lightening a few times, but I never saw a difference. I admire the reddish-brown tones in your hair though.
Well, the red ones are the easy ones to achieve with henna. It sound like an interesting idea. I will love to see pictures if you will try it (I know a lot of people do henna but never seen someone who did highlight with it. But maybe I just don't spend enough time in the henna thread. lol).

Maktub
August 10th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Gorgeous !

brindlebabe
August 10th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Congratulations! Very pretty and I hope my hair will look this stunning at classic! I will have to try the oil/CO mixture as I worry about the health of the last few inches of my hair.