View Full Version : Crea Clip Hemlines

Synnovea
August 9th, 2013, 02:38 AM
I bought a Crea Clip a few months ago, and I'm pretty pleased with the results; however, it gave me a blunt cut instead of a "U", which I prefer. Isn't there some trick to attaining the "U" hemline with this device? I can't seem to remember if it involves tipping the head back, or looking down at my feet. Does anyone know the trick?

ooo
August 9th, 2013, 03:22 AM
I was hoping to see pictures of hemlines created with a creaclip here?

Sadie
August 9th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Me too!! Can anyone post them pls? I am planning to buy a Crea clip and I would be curious to see some pics of the results.

SilknStarch
August 9th, 2013, 04:45 AM
I believe the trick is looking down at your feet, it's supposed to pull more of your front top hair thru while leaving
the sides undisturbed. The pulled thru top doesn't get cut and the undisturbed sides do to give you the U.

Firefox7275
August 9th, 2013, 07:09 AM
There are loads of CreaClip videos on YouTube.

pixiestar
August 9th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Here is my daughter's hair I trimmed with crea clip on 18th june, pic taken now. Very slight u hemline.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/pixiestar13/Daughters%20hair/9e6f4d7d-2fc8-4561-b6ca-3b32dea8581e_zpsd5bc1282.jpg (http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/pixiestar13/media/Daughters%20hair/9e6f4d7d-2fc8-4561-b6ca-3b32dea8581e_zpsd5bc1282.jpg.html)

Hope this helps :) She said please excuse the bump from hairband :)

NightOwl26
August 9th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I make a U with the creaclip. I first cut straight across in the back. Then take about a 1/4th of my hair from the left, bring it forward with my head pointed down and use the smaller one to cut. I do that for both sides.

Kaelee
August 9th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I would be tempted to use it for a variation of Feye's Self Trim method for a U shaped hemline. (Which I do anyway, sans creaclip. So I'm thinking it would work pretty well.)

GrowingGlory
August 9th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I wonder if you are making Madora cringe?

Kaelee
August 9th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Where IS Madora, anyway? I haven't seen her in a long time.

Seeshami
August 9th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I pull my hair forward, half over each shoulder and it gives me my hemline. If that doesn't work then my hemline is from all my old layers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/7f00bf3b-0696-4add-8fbb-b1b81ae82a38_zps6206579d.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/BrokenCagedBird/media/7f00bf3b-0696-4add-8fbb-b1b81ae82a38_zps6206579d.jpg.html)

Leeloo
August 9th, 2013, 11:31 AM
That’s a pretty cool tool. With level and everything. I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for posting.

Nae
August 9th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Your hemline is beautiful Seeshami!

GrowingGlory
August 9th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Mado-o-ra! Spaghetti's on!

jacqueline101
August 9th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I think she lurks more than posts these days. I miss her.

leslissocool
August 9th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I have a U hemline on my siggy from the crea clip, I thought you had to choose the happy side for a u, and flip it for a straight cut... It was on a video...

Seeshami
August 9th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Your hemline is beautiful Seeshami!
Thank you!

spirals
August 10th, 2013, 11:27 PM
She said please excuse the bump from hairband :)That is so cute. She's an LHCer-in-training.

CurlyMopTop
August 11th, 2013, 06:30 AM
I did a very soft U hemline. Pics in my album. I love the crea clip!

Elfa
April 5th, 2016, 05:44 PM
I've been using the Creaclip, since my hair is too short for Feye's method, and I'm very pleased with the results!
I used it both to make a layered and a blunt cut, and both came out pretty good. I really like the soft U it makes. I was constantly having to fix my hemline with Feye's method, cause I would either get a straight cut (what I personally think that looks too harsh) or a too deep U or a trapezium, but that comes with a fixed shape, so it's easier.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22274&d=1459547338

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22275&d=1459547343

For now, I have only photos with this short hair, but I will post it longer somewhere in the future

Jennah
April 5th, 2016, 05:54 PM
I want to see people that cut their hair with the creaclip! :taz:

Perfect, blunt, hemlines!

Seeshami
April 5th, 2016, 08:00 PM
A creaclip has a slight u no matter what unless you use the bang ones. A person By themselves cannot use a crea clip to cut as blunt as the small smile can because it has to be behind you. I gave my clip to my ungrateful monster sister so I can't con Muffin into helping me demo it or I would show what I mean. But crea clips actual videos are pretty true to life.

pinutzz
April 6th, 2016, 03:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6pwKtA8.png

These pictures were both taken on the same day. The hair was cut 2 months before the pictures were taken with a Crea Clip by my DH who knows absolutely nothing about hair.

I am very happy with the results - especially because it takes only about 1 minute to get a hair cut and I don't need to go to the hair salon.
But I wish they would sell an even more curved clip for a U-shaped hemline. Also my hair is very fine, so the clip doesn't hold all that well. And this makes it especially difficult if I only want to have 1/2" chopped off. The clip works best for larger trims of 2-3" or more for me. It is too bad there is a patent for these clips - otherwise somebody could make a business of selling clips with a custom hemline shape on etsy.

lapushka
April 6th, 2016, 05:59 AM
The clip works best for larger trims of 2-3" or more for me. It is too bad there is a patent for these clips - otherwise somebody could make a business of selling clips with a custom hemline shape on etsy.

This is why I like to let my mom make larger cuts as well. 1 cm or 1 inch is hardly worth doing the whole hassle over, and it's hard to be precise, even with compact layer cutting.

Wusel
April 6th, 2016, 06:34 AM
I've been using the Creaclip, since my hair is too short for Feye's method, and I'm very pleased with the results!
I used it both to make a layered and a blunt cut, and both came out pretty good. I really like the soft U it makes. I was constantly having to fix my hemline with Feye's method, cause I would either get a straight cut (what I personally think that looks too harsh) or a too deep U or a trapezium, but that comes with a fixed shape, so it's easier.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22274&d=1459547338

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22275&d=1459547343

For now, I have only photos with this short hair, but I will post it longer somewhere in the future

I don't need a Crea Clip because I'm a Non-Trimmer but I WANT YOUR FIGURE.
Let me guess... You swim? Or other sports?
After seeing this I go on my cross trainer. Now. For 7 hours. :D

Elfa
April 6th, 2016, 07:52 AM
I don't need a Crea Clip because I'm a Non-Trimmer but I WANT YOUR FIGURE.
Let me guess... You swim? Or other sports?
After seeing this I go on my cross trainer. Now. For 7 hours. :D

Hahhahaha <3
I don't do anything right now, just moved from a country to another and I'm still figuring out some exercise to do, so I guess my figure is mostly genetics. Maybe kung fu and pole dance took some part on it though

vampyyri
August 4th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Reviving this thread as I'm super curious about this device... I don't plan on trimming for a while, but I'm a tad nervous to do Feye's Trimming method when I've never trimmed anything but my bangs before! I'm looking to get a soft U hemline when I hit my goal, would this give me that effect?

Decoy24601
August 4th, 2016, 11:30 AM
vampyyri, you'd have to look down at your feet a bit I think (like you would with feye's). Otherwise it'll give you a blunt hemline.

Does anyone know if this would work for someone with a 5" ponytail circumference? That clip looks just a little flimsy for my hair.

lapushka
August 4th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know if this would work for someone with a 5" ponytail circumference? That clip looks just a little flimsy for my hair.

It can be closed over my hair, but to slide the thing down over more than 4 inches worth of circumference gets difficult. You'd have to have someone close it over your hair right about where it needs cutting. I know this still is fine like this over 4 inches, but 5... IDK, can't say for sure.

Deborah
August 4th, 2016, 03:30 PM
I love mine. It does a very slight U hemline when your head is held straight. I imagine if you tipped your head forward you could achieve a deeper U if that is what you want.

Mine is actually a generic brand one which I got off of Ebay a few years ago. I think it was about $11 or $12; quite cheap, but it works very well.

My dad died two year ago now, but when he was ill, I used the Crea Clip to cut his very thick, curly, perfectly white hair for him. I just held it close to his scalp and cut the hair in many small sections, curving the tool as I held it against his scalp. He thought it was fun and that I was a genius. His hair looked nicely trimmed and attractive, and saved him having to go out when he didn't feel well. My mum then used clippers to trim off the very bottom, at his neck, and his hair looked good. I mention this just to say that one can use the Crea Clip in imaginative ways to accomplish many different hair cuts.

gypsycolleen
October 25th, 2016, 08:47 PM
I think I'd like to try one of these. Anybody use it for micro trimming?

Groovy Granny
October 25th, 2016, 08:50 PM
I do....I love the level on it.
I use the small one for both the 'under the chin' and Feye's Methods.

OhSuzi
October 27th, 2016, 06:13 AM
So if you tip your head down and brush your hair forward and stick it all in a pony tail at the centre of your crown - you'll look like an idiot - a unicorn with a floppy hairy horn - but more importantly you can then stick the creaclip on at an angle and cut.
squish pony tail flat between your hands - like you would if you were praying - so the pony flattens out in mohawk direction rather than flat ceiling direction.
Then stick the creaclip on at an angle. - end in pointing towards your nose other end diagonally out pointing towards the sky - nose / sky
- chop along that line for a tapered V / U shape hair line. Bear in mind obviously the sharper the angle the sharper the angle of your hairline and the further down the pony tail the longer the cut.

Note if you do the creaclip angle in the opposite direction top pointing towards your head and the bottom diagonally pointing towards the floor head\floor - you will get a smashing tapered angular bob / lob

lapushka
October 27th, 2016, 07:02 AM
So if you tip your head down and brush your hair forward and stick it all in a pony tail at the centre of your crown - you'll look like an idiot - a unicorn with a floppy hairy horn - but more importantly you can then stick the creaclip on at an angle and cut.
squish pony tail flat between your hands - like you would if you were praying - so the pony flattens out in mohawk direction rather than flat ceiling direction.
Then stick the creaclip on at an angle. - end in pointing towards your nose other end diagonally out pointing towards the sky - nose / sky
- chop along that line for a tapered V / U shape hair line. Bear in mind obviously the sharper the angle the sharper the angle of your hairline and the further down the pony tail the longer the cut.

Note if you do the creaclip angle in the opposite direction top pointing towards your head and the bottom diagonally pointing towards the floor head\floor - you will get a smashing tapered angular bob / lob

That is actually called a "compact cut" and it will give you layers. You either make a ponytail at the crown, or you make a ponytail at the forehead and snip a piece off. Both are techniques from the book, "Haircutting for dummies". Credit where credit is due. ;) These layering techniques have been on this board for a long time. ;)

calmyogi
October 27th, 2016, 07:50 AM

I have been wondering this quite a bit lately. I even scoped or her page to see if she had logged in in awhile lol. I figured she was just lurking these days.

calmyogi
October 27th, 2016, 07:55 AM
I think I'm going to get one of these for my daughter and me when I ever go to a blunt hemline. I wish I knew about these years ago!

lulikrueger
October 27th, 2016, 08:17 AM
I part my hair in half, bring both sections to the front and use the straight crea clip, the one that's meant for bangs. 'Been doing this for years, even before I got the crea clip.
https://scontent.fsdu6-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14718738_333214943713558_6281418387480119394_n.jpg ?oh=b5f5a029272a3c0577046b3e4705a33e&oe=58A58260

lulikrueger
October 27th, 2016, 08:25 AM
I think I'd like to try one of these. Anybody use it for micro trimming?

I do! Trimmed it just a few moments ago, actually.

samanthaa
October 27th, 2016, 09:29 AM
I bought a CreaClip and am planning to use it for microtrimming in the new year. I am dead-set on finishing out the rest of this year's no-trim challenge but I bought this CreaClip and I'm so eager to use it! I've used Faye's method in the past but I really want a blunt hemline. Will share pictures...two months from now.

missrandie
October 27th, 2016, 11:29 AM
I part my hair in half, bring both sections to the front and use the straight crea clip, the one that's meant for bangs. 'Been doing this for years, even before I got the crea clip.
https://scontent.fsdu6-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14718738_333214943713558_6281418387480119394_n.jpg ?oh=b5f5a029272a3c0577046b3e4705a33e&oe=58A58260

Your hemline is beautiful and your hair so golden!! Do you tip your head forward or back at all?

lulikrueger
October 27th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Your hemline is beautiful and your hair so golden!! Do you tip your head forward or back at all?

Thank you!! :joy:
I don't, no. I try to stay as straight as I can, and if I think something is not quite right I'll open the clip and clip it again 'til I think it's perfect.

Stub
October 27th, 2016, 07:45 PM

This is pretty much the exact hemline I want. How did you cut it prior to crea clip? Ponytailed under chin or??? Thanks!

Sarahlabyrinth
October 27th, 2016, 07:58 PM
lulikrueger, you have the exact hemline I want as well! :)

lulikrueger
October 28th, 2016, 12:53 PM
This is pretty much the exact hemline I want. How did you cut it prior to crea clip? Ponytailed under chin or??? Thanks!

Prior to crea clip I'd do the same, but hold the sections with my fingers, keeping it as straight as possible. Before that I had a layered cut with a straight hemline, which a classmate from my hairstylist class had cut for me.

lulikrueger, you have the exact hemline I want as well! :)

Maybe for your length you should get someone to slide the clip for you, just to keep it straight and leveled.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 28th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Maybe for your length you should get someone to slide the clip for you, just to keep it straight and leveled.
Yes, I may need to do this. Do you put your hair in a ponytail under your chin, then slide the creaclip down?

Stub
October 28th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Thank you lulikrueger!

lulikrueger
October 28th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Yes, I may need to do this. Do you put your hair in a ponytail under your chin, then slide the creaclip down?

I do not put it in a ponytail, but take in consideration that my hair is very very fine. And maybe I should reinforce that I use the fringe clip, not the curved one. :D

Thank you lulikrueger!

You're welcome! :cool:

Groovy Granny
January 21st, 2020, 04:49 PM
October 25th, 2016, 10:50 PM

I do....I love the level on it.
I use the small one for both the 'under the chin' and Feye's Methods.

3+ years later I found out that the level is NOT LEVEL :thud: per posters in another thread (thank you- you know who you are )...they read it on the reviews.

I cannot recall ever reading that :hmm:
It has been 7 years since I bought the set and the page has since been taken down, and checking reviews now, nothing is mentioned re: the accuracy of the level.

However I checked the 2 clips against my DH's level and they are off 100% :doh:

No wonder my hemline is longer on one side EVERY time I trim it :p

So heads up Crea Clip users.....check the level of your clips before you depend on it for accurate hemlines :lol:

The-Young-Maid
January 21st, 2020, 11:33 PM
Yeah the levels just don't work lol My mom was getting so annoyed with it. Stop just eyeball it!

Groovy Granny
January 22nd, 2020, 10:57 AM
You would think it would work....what's the point of having a level then?! :doh:

Today I eyeballed it and then rechecked with/without the adjustments I made to make the clips level and it was off by 1/2 inch :p

So I dusted my ends and fixed the front edge (which I trim at an angle for a deeper U) and it is good and EVEN now :cheer: :lol: