PDA

View Full Version : Heavier shedding on Period....

SarieQ
August 8th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Do any of you notice that you shed more with your cycle??? I find that I shed more two to three days before my heavy day. It's not a scary shed, just heavier and more noticeable than the rest of the month. I'm curious to know if anyone else goes through this or is it me and a result of my PMDD?

Sharysa
August 8th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Definitely get the heavy-shedding problem with my period. My hair's thick enough that it doesn't make much difference, but getting it out of the shower drain or my comb is pretty irritating.

Gabriel
August 8th, 2013, 10:17 PM
This used to happen to me when I was having regular periods. I hated it because it was one more thing added to the pile of blah that time of the month was for me.

It doesn't happen anymore since I'm on continuous birth control pills.

spirals
August 9th, 2013, 12:02 AM
On mine now and haven't noticed it in the last week. But hormones can bring all kinds of crazy changes, so it could happen for some. I just retain a lake and get backne.

PixieKitten
August 9th, 2013, 01:48 AM
I'm on mine at the moment too and I've been having to clean my TT every time I use it, the shedding gets ridiculous this time of the month. So you're not alone!

SarieQ
August 9th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Thank you everyone for responding! I'm not glad that those of you have more shedding too, but I'm glad that this seems to be normal and not some drastic imbalance or something. <3 :)

Sharysa
August 9th, 2013, 08:44 PM
No problem. Hormones are a weird thing, and heavier shedding is the least of my problems. (The others being a constant headache and increased sense of smell. I currently work at a dental clinic with lots of chemicals. :( )

Rebecka
August 10th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Oh, of course it's that, I do, I have just not realized it. Maybe one could start wearing french/dutch braids during those days to reduce it?

leslissocool
August 10th, 2013, 01:06 AM
There is a reason, during menstruation (like when you donate blood) you lose Iron. Lower iron levels = shedding.

A week before, I start loading up on greens and upping iron intake through food, specially very dark chocolate (that's really rich in iron, along with green veggies). You could take a supplement, HOWEVER, talk to your doctor about it. I take slow fe (one tablet a day) because I usually have issues with iron deficiency (I had severe ones in the past). Iron overdose happens with supplements, as far as I've been told, get it through food.

There is also hormonal changes and other issues, but I asked the doctor why I crave chocolate like a maniac that time of the month, and he told me :lol:. So yet another reason to eat chocolate.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 10th, 2013, 01:12 AM
I never noticed - and I don't have periods very often anymore. But I see how that could happen.

goldenlady
August 10th, 2013, 04:07 AM
OMG I literally have had this problem over the last few days.. My scalp starting hurting like a tension headache and then I definitely shedded more than I usually do :(. It seems Ok though now. Darn hormones.

jacqueline101
August 10th, 2013, 07:43 AM
I've never noticed but I'm going to.