PDA

View Full Version : Venezuelan thieves stealing hair to sell as hair extensions

macherie
August 8th, 2013, 08:50 PM
OMG ! This is a very sad news that a society has descended to this.

A group of Venezuelan thieves that calls itself 'The Piranhas' has turned its attention away from purses and pocketbooks, by holding women at gunpoint in order to steal their hair.

<Moderation: Link removed. Links to forced hair cutting stories are prohibited.>

I wonder do the people who wear extensions ever question "where did this 'natural' hair come from"?

twinklingbell
August 9th, 2013, 01:01 AM
I saw this story last night on CNN! It made me sad because it's like a hair nightmare come true for those poor ladies. shudder: I sure hope that people will hear this story and think twice before buying extensions from real hair. And I hope their hair grows back fast! This story gave me a little extra motivation to wear my hair up in public more... though I don't think the risk is as high where I live.

kamikaze hair
August 9th, 2013, 01:27 AM
god this makes me soooo mad, reading things that occur like this. How on earth could someone hold someone else at gunpoint just to steal their hair is monstrous. I also hope people begin to think twice about where their hair extensions come from.

PixieKitten
August 9th, 2013, 01:44 AM
That's awful! I'm so glad I always wear mine up!!

clioariane
August 9th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Terrible. It's also mentioned in Chris Rock's documentary Good Hair, that women in India are robbed of their hair in movie theaters and in their sleep!

Kaelee
August 9th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I hope stories like this get out, not to scare everyone, but so that people will become aware of the kind of things that happen and where hair extensions can come from. Maybe if there's enough awareness, people will think twice about it and it will become much less profitable to these kinds of people.

jacqueline101
August 9th, 2013, 12:15 PM
That's so terrible. I wear mine up too and it's not that long.