View Full Version : So Beyonce Got a Pixie

chen bao jun
August 8th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Which you can't really call a haircut. Although she has had natural long hair before for a long time she's been wearing either a lace front wig or a weave.
Anyway, this is front page news and newspapers are focusing on former stars--and not so former, like Anne Hathaway, who also have very short hair. What do you guys think about this, if anything?

Skade
August 8th, 2013, 03:16 PM
My first spontaneous thought is, she´s so gorgeous, she can pull anything off.. She will probably rock her pixie. :cool: And since she has been wearing wigs and weaves, I can imagine her hair has been damaged and that she wanted a fresh start, which I can understand.

Firefox7275
August 8th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I hope Beyonce is going naturally curly like her stunning sister Solange.

Arien
August 8th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I'm not 100% sure it suits Beyonce's face shape really. I think Anne Hathaway's looked great though! Love Emma Watson with short hair too. She would look gorgeous even if she shaved it. She has a beautiful bone structure. :)

Vanilla
August 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I saw a picture of it, and I also agree that I'm not sure if it goes with her face shape.

millyaulait
August 8th, 2013, 03:29 PM
I know that pixies are generally always around, but they sure do seem to be getting more & more popular these days! :)

I think B's hair is pretty, but I think it would suit her more without the blonde dye job.

Leeloo
August 8th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I’m not sure it suits her 100% either or maybe it’s because I’m not used to it yet. She is very pretty with either hair style.

Skade
August 8th, 2013, 03:42 PM

I know that pixies are generally always around, but they sure do seem to be getting more & more popular these days! :)

I think B's hair is pretty, but I think it would suit her more without the blonde dye job.

I was also a little disappointed to see the blonde dye job. Think it would be fun to see her grow out her hair with her natural color and texture.

jacqueline101
August 8th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I hope she's happy with it.

leslissocool
August 8th, 2013, 03:46 PM

I hope this too.

I think the pixie looks great.

chen bao jun
August 8th, 2013, 06:14 PM
She is very pretty, as is her sister.
I have to admit though, my first thought was, so what if she doesn't like it, she can go back to the weave she had and be instantly long again. so it's not as if one of us had cut our hair.
she did get her long hair (weave) caught in a fan during a performance a couple of weeks ago, maybe that has some impact.
I think few of the women they are showing photos of looked good in the pixies other than Mia Farrow and Audrey Hepburn, both of whom had very delicate bone structure and small heads. Well, Hallie Berry looks good in hers too, but again, it doesn't look very natural, I'm more into natural.

Dandelion6
August 8th, 2013, 07:41 PM
I've only seen the one picture but my 2 cents is that this is not a good look for her. The first thing I notice is how thick her neck looks! It makes her look very masculine. Not to say that some people can't rock a pixie. Halle Berry's spiked pixie absolutely suits her. When her hair is longer she doesn't look as gorgeous. And I like Miley Cyrus's pixie too. She totally owns it.

Eve 322
August 8th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I thought it was a big deal at first, but then remembered that the long hair that we're used to seeing is always a weave/lace front/idk-what-the-proper-term-is. (Is it still called a weave if you probably spent six figures on it?)

Anyway, her natural hair was only barely shoulder-length, so from that to a pixie cut isn't a big stretch. I just personally don't like pixies. But she STILL manages to look pretty (impressive!) and she DID have that run-in with the fan two weeks ago, which may have ruined/tangled her hair beyond repair and necessitated the hair chop.

The only thing I'm currently lamenting is that bleach job. Why platinum blonde, Beyonce?? Rock your natural color!!!

Eve 322
August 8th, 2013, 10:00 PM
And I do like Halle Berry's pixie, she pulls it off. Personally hated Miley Cyrus' cut, though. Again with the weird blonde color.

Thinthondiel
August 8th, 2013, 10:35 PM
And sorry if I offended anyone with the lezzies comment. I just read back and it sounds kind of offensive. :/ didn't really mean it that way.

You're right, it does. In the future, I suggest thinking through such things before saying them, and taking into account that the people you're talking about are a part of the general public and may be reading/listening (and I promise, I'm not as personally offended as it may sound - I'm truly just trying to give you what I consider to be good advice in general when talking about any group of people).
Sincerely, an LGBT LHC member who's had both long and short hair and is currently rocking a pixie cut.

Anyway, back to Beyonce and her hair - I didn't know she'd gotten a pixie until I saw this thread. I've googled it and found some photos now, and while she's not one of those women who look absolutely stunning with a pixie, I don't think it looks bad. It would have looked nicer with her natural colour, though, and I think it might look better if she styled it differently than in the photos I've found.

Brileeka
August 8th, 2013, 10:41 PM
I this she looks gorgeous. You never know how long her natural hair is anyways really. She has the money to get her hair always looking flawless. She could were weave, extensions and wigs whenever she wanted and no one would be the wiser. Me and my moms first reaction about her cutting her hair was has she lost her mind! But I like it and I wish she would go all natural but she probably just wanted a change and wanted to make a statement that she can do whatever she wants.

Neneka
August 9th, 2013, 03:25 AM
I think she looks beautiful. :)

Flor
August 9th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Who knows what her natural hair was like without the weave. Maybe it wasn't much longer than pixie anyway. So it's more of "Beyonce decided to remove the weave and gets a haircut that would allow her to wear her natural hair" situation. And yes, she can just go back to weave anytime and she probably will.

Ashenputtel
August 9th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Good for her for giving her scalp a break! She's a looker either way.

woolyleprechaun
August 9th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Ummm... I'm not a fan of it, to be honest. I really don't want to sound like I'm making a racial faux pas, but I think women of colour have such natural beauty it saddens me to see so many bleaching their skin and hair.
In my defence, I feel that way about all races. I always prefer the more natural look (says she with the henna! *shakes head in shame at double standards*)

Elecita
August 9th, 2013, 07:34 AM
I think pixies look best on women with sharp, defined jawlines and high cheekbones, like Emma Watson. Beyonce looks beautiful with that pixie, as always, but I think she did look better with long hair, weave or not. I have always loved big curly afros in women of any ethnic origin, I wonder how she'd look with one?

shutterpillar
August 9th, 2013, 07:47 AM
What do I think about the short hair in hollywood?

I think "who cares". ;) If they want short hair, awesome! If they want long hair, awesome! If they want to be bald, great! If beyonce wants to run off and get a mohawk - so what? It doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other because it's not my head. People should be able to wear their hair however they want without the general public giving their opinion about it. (Even those whose job it is to be in the public eye.) I feel the same way about clothing - wear what makes you happy. :)

Messyhair
August 9th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I don't know if it suits her, but man.... it has me hankering for my old signature pixie. I haven't had it since 2009, but I had it off and on for years before that. So hard to choose... My natural color is grown out enough so that a pixie would be solely my own color and the henna would be gone. It's tempting.

Bravo to Beyoncé for being bold enough to go pixie! Not everyone is brave enough to take the plunge.

McFearless
August 9th, 2013, 08:36 AM
She is so beautiful.

AmyBeth
August 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I agree with your post except that henna IS natural!!:D
Ummm... I'm not a fan of it, to be honest. I really don't want to sound like I'm making a racial faux pas, but I think women of colour have such natural beauty it saddens me to see so many bleaching their skin and hair.
In my defence, I feel that way about all races. I always prefer the more natural look (says she with the henna! *shakes head in shame at double standards*)

humble_knight
August 9th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I think it will still take time before mainstream society accepts 'manly' women i.e. fit and strong will replace the skinny image that is promoted. Beyonce with short hair - she may have a thicker, muscular neck compared to Anne Hathaway, or Audrey Hepburn, but so what? Times change.

chen bao jun
August 9th, 2013, 09:36 AM
We're not all hypersensitive about remarks people make and their personal opinions. I don't see why its a faux pas to say that you think anyone has natural beauty and should love to be the way God made them. Sounds like a compliment to me!
Signed, a woman of colour who has had both natural and chemicaled hair.
Henna doesn't seem to me to be comparable at all.
I think bleach is more comparable. I wouldn't henna my hair myself but it seems like an enhancement rather than destruction. Just my opinion, of course.

chen bao jun
August 9th, 2013, 09:40 AM
I saw an article that claims that Beyonce's actual hair (its always been between between shoulder length and APL/BSL, some consider that long and some consider that short) is ruined by years of weaves and lace fronts and that she quit wearing the weaves and lace fronts and cut her own hair very short (albeit, still bleached and processed) so as not to look like Naomi Campbell soon (permanently bald spots, especially poor Naomi's edges). This may or may not be true of course.

chen bao jun
August 9th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I think it will still take time before mainstream society accepts 'manly' women i.e. fit and strong will replace the skinny image that is promoted. Beyonce with short hair - she may have a thicker, muscular neck compared to Anne Hathaway, or Audrey Hepburn, but so what? Times change.
Did you really mean to say 'manly' women, or fit and strong women? This seems like two different things to me. Is it really anyone's goal to get mainstream society to the point where women look manly, i.e., just like men? This is an honest question--of course a person can go around looking like a man if they want, I actually have one great female friend who always wears a crew cut and a man's suit, which is just 'her', but I've always thought of her as bit unique, not as the vanguard of the future or anything. She's very artistic so sort of marches to her own drumbeat more than most, which is fine,b ut I don't see how things would work if all women or even a majority of women could easily be mistaken for men, which she can (I've never understood why she wants to, but never much cared, either, we don't talk about things like that).

Flor
August 9th, 2013, 09:56 AM
I saw an article that claims that Beyonce's actual hair (its always been between between shoulder length and APL/BSL, some consider that long and some consider that short) is ruined by years of weaves and lace fronts and that she quit wearing the weaves and lace fronts and cut her own hair very short (albeit, still bleached and processed) so as not to look like Naomi Campbell soon (permanently bald spots, especially poor Naomi's edges). This may or may not be true of course.

Wow. I just googled Naomi Campbell hair. This is going to sound incredibly naive, but I thought her hair was naturally that straight and long, I had no idea she wore weaves or wigs. Neither did I know that about Beyonce.

patienceneeded
August 9th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Beyonce is gorgeous, no matter what. Good for her. I hope she enjoys her hair.

Suze2012
August 9th, 2013, 10:28 AM
She is very pretty.

Must admit I am not a celebrity follower so I don't know what it looked like before and I didn't know she wore a weave either.

It's sweet on her I think.
I can see a spate of folk trying to achieve the same and it not suiting them though.....
Much like when everyone wanted Jennifer Anniston's haircut - which was fine except straighteners weren't really used back then and there weren't any that were hot enough to achieve her hairstyle so it didn't 'quite' come out as they imagined it would.

faellen
August 9th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I think she looks good with the pixie, but my fave hairstyle of hers was the afro she had back when she did that Austin Powers film.
I don't blame her for wanting to avoid Naomi Campbell's ruined hairline, though!

Vivalagina
August 9th, 2013, 10:39 AM
She's a gorgeous woman no matter how she styles her hair. I dig her pixie.

fairview
August 9th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Which you can't really call a haircut. Although she has had natural long hair before for a long time she's been wearing either a lace front wig or a weave.

Always refreshing to stumble across someone who also realizes the stars of TV and movie are not all genetically gifted in the hair department. I get so tired of those that sit in my chair with thin hair and show me a picture and say make my hair look like that. Sorry my hot line to request hair miracles from God has been recently disconnected but if you would like to spend about $1K spend 3 hours of time in my chair letting me install some fabulous remy hair extensions colored and blended to seamlessly match your hair, I too can do a miracle. Uh, excuse me, your wallet isn't that deep. This hair God doesn't work for gratis. LOL

Thinthondiel
August 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM

Did you really mean to say 'manly' women, or fit and strong women? This seems like two different things to me. Is it really anyone's goal to get mainstream society to the point where women look manly, i.e., just like men? This is an honest question--of course a person can go around looking like a man if they want, I actually have one great female friend who always wears a crew cut and a man's suit, which is just 'her', but I've always thought of her as bit unique, not as the vanguard of the future or anything. She's very artistic so sort of marches to her own drumbeat more than most, which is fine,b ut I don't see how things would work if all women or even a majority of women could easily be mistaken for men, which she can (I've never understood why she wants to, but never much cared, either, we don't talk about things like that).

I think she was probably referring to the fact that someone in this thread mentioned that Beyonce looks masculine because she has a thick neck, and that muscular women are often thought of as manly/masculine in general. Being dainty/petite is generally considered feminine (you'll find this attitude in regards to men as well), while muscular is considered masculine - how often don't you hear people saying that female bodybuilders look like men?

So I guess some people think that women who are already muscular shouldn't have short hair because that makes them look more "manly" or emphasises their "masculinity".

woolyleprechaun
August 9th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I agree with your post except that henna IS natural!!:D
Ahhh, I feel better now :)

We're not all hypersensitive about remarks people make and their personal opinions. I don't see why its a faux pas to say that you think anyone has natural beauty and should love to be the way God made them. Sounds like a compliment to me!
Signed, a woman of colour who has had both natural and chemicaled hair.
Henna doesn't seem to me to be comparable at all.
I think bleach is more comparable. I wouldn't henna my hair myself but it seems like an enhancement rather than destruction. Just my opinion, of course.
That's me happy :) (I do try not to cause offence. I know people do have insecurities about their natural looks, and I'd hate to think I was making it worse by saying that the artificial look doesn't 'work' for me).

I'm not too keen on the word 'manly'; it's usually quite derogatory. Here in the UK it is used to describe pretty much any woman who doesn't conform to the current feminine beauty ideals (not wearing make-up and skirts, for example), but it's more commonly used to describe powerful physiques, square jaws and such.
I most certainly wouldn't call Beyoncé manly! :confused:
(N.B. I know it wasn't you who used the word 'manly'- I was just giving my interpretation of the word. I don't want to sound like I'm bickering about it ;) )

Unofficial_Rose
August 9th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I think pixies look best on women with sharp, defined jawlines and high cheekbones, like Emma Watson. Beyonce looks beautiful with that pixie, as always, but I think she did look better with long hair, weave or not. I have always loved big curly afros in women of any ethnic origin, I wonder how she'd look with one?

Like this: http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDodiAMAVSU2MAs.VNBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTFxYW Z0YzloBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAMxZGFhZTk3ZmM5NzAy NjdjZDUzYTEyMDIxMTBiYTk4MwRncG9zAzQ-?back=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.images.search.yahoo.com%2Fse arch%2Fimages%3F_adv_prop%3Dimage%26va%3Dbeyonce%2 Bfoxy%2Bcleopatra%26fr%3Dmcafee%26tab%3Dorganic%26 ri%3D4&w=315&h=396&imgurl=www.agentcostume.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F01%2Ffoxy-cleopatra.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.agentcostume.com%2F2013%2F01 %2F29%2Ffamous-afro-costume-ideas%2F&size=25.9KB&name=%3Cb%3EBeyonce+%3C%2Fb%3Eas+%3Cb%3EFoxy+Cleop atra%3C%2Fb%3E&p=beyonce+foxy+cleopatra&oid=1daae97fc970267cd53a1202110ba983&fr2=&fr=mcafee&tt=%3Cb%3EBeyonce+%3C%2Fb%3Eas+%3Cb%3EFoxy+Cleopat ra%3C%2Fb%3E&b=0&ni=128&no=4&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=121ckv2cc&sigb=13knc91he&sigi=12292c8ho&.crumb=ObqZ4RHDDU0&fr=mcafee

i.e. pretty good.

WilfredAllen
August 9th, 2013, 01:27 PM
it looks nice on her. She's had long hair for a while and it was probably good for her image to have a change.

leslissocool
August 9th, 2013, 01:30 PM

Hopefully for the better, where we encourage different body types other than size 0's.

I think she was probably referring to the fact that someone in this thread mentioned that Beyonce looks masculine because she has a thick neck, and that muscular women are often thought of as manly/masculine in general. Being dainty/petite is generally considered feminine (you'll find this attitude in regards to men as well), while muscular is considered masculine - how often don't you hear people saying that female bodybuilders look like men?

So I guess some people think that women who are already muscular shouldn't have short hair because that makes them look more "manly" or emphasises their "masculinity".

Yes, which is hilarious to me because muscle and weights actually made me look so much more feminine, and I am thicker in the right places (and yes that includes thicker neck). But, you know, the notion that weights make you bulky, people like Tracy Anderson telling women that they will look hideous if they lift more than 3lbs and that runners have ugly butts.

I happen to think that the pictures around (the ones I saw) were crappy bathroom like photos. We should wait to see how she's really going to look and style it. She had a pixie in countdown (well more like a bowl cut :lol: but very short) , probably a fake one, but it looked really good it was black. IMO way better than Miley's, I really dislike hers.

Thinthondiel
August 9th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Yes, which is hilarious to me because muscle and weights actually made me look so much more feminine, and I am thicker in the right places (and yes that includes thicker neck). But, you know, the notion that weights make you bulky, people like Tracy Anderson telling women that they will look hideous if they lift more than 3lbs and that runners have ugly butts.

I've started lifting weights, and I find that so far, it's making me look more feminine too. And one of the cutest women I've ever seen is a weightlifter who also has a pixie cut: Samantha Wright (http://vulcanmarbles.tumblr.com/post/29830664995) (one of the photos looks like it cuts off at her neck, but if you click it you'll see the entire photo)

HylianGirl
August 9th, 2013, 02:20 PM
I think it looks nice on her, she can pull it off ^-^

Too bad it's still bleached. I think the reason why there are so many people cutting pixies latelly is because today's mainstream haircare is so agressive that it's the only choice they have befor going bald.

chen bao jun
August 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM
I think it looks nice on her, she can pull it off ^-^

Too bad it's still bleached. I think the reason why there are so many people cutting pixies latelly is because today's mainstream haircare is so agressive that it's the only choice they have befor going bald.

I think you pretty much hit it on the nose there.

ludwig20
August 9th, 2013, 08:07 PM
@HylianGirl - Agreed. I like pixie cuts, but I think they're usually appealing to people for that reason.

Beyoncé looks great. It'd be nice to see her wear her hair like Solange. <3

Seanymph
August 9th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Beyonce brave because she cut her hair?!! Nope!!! She is just following what's in trend. I don't think it's a coincidence that she is now sporting short hair days after Rihanna put a pic on instagram with her weave gone sporting short "natural" hair. The only thing Beyonce did bravely was remove that awful weave, which seem to be a security blanket. Next step would be to get out of this blonde rut she's in. Does she pull it off? NO!! Her face is the same width as her neck, which throws the whole thing off!!! Plus Beyonce would never go full on natural like her sister. She has an image to uphold. What is she going to be swinging now on stage? Her hair flipping and swinging is half the performance!!

Aliped
August 9th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Makes me wonder if its anything to do with her hair getting sucked into a fan, on stage a couple of weeks ago ....
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jul/24/beyonce-hair-raising-moment-diva-disaster

massivecnqstdr
August 9th, 2013, 10:12 PM
She looks beautiful with short hair!

leslissocool
August 9th, 2013, 11:16 PM
I've started lifting weights, and I find that so far, it's making me look more feminine too. And one of the cutest women I've ever seen is a weightlifter who also has a pixie cut: Samantha Wright (http://vulcanmarbles.tumblr.com/post/29830664995) (one of the photos looks like it cuts off at her neck, but if you click it you'll see the entire photo)

OMG :crush: she is gorgeous! She has such a curvy body too, does she powerlift?

strangenurse
August 10th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Beyonce's just finished a tour and is about to have another baby. It's a great time to go low-maintenance.

-D

queenofheartz44
August 10th, 2013, 12:46 AM
I was also a little disappointed to see the blonde dye job. Think it would be fun to see her grow out her hair with her natural color and texture.

I totally agree, the blond needs to go like something fierce. Sort of on the fence with the cut, it is nice to see her change it up but at the same time it seems to have been cut into the 'awkward stage'. Give a month or so and it may look really cute.

gnome82
August 10th, 2013, 06:45 AM

I have never been impressed with the blonde dye. I think that she looks stunning I see her pretty face more than her hair now.

hannabiss
August 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM
I'd like the haircut if it was her natural color but the color being almost the same colors her skin looks weird. but then I've personally never like that color on her anyway. plus the pictures of her pixie cut its not even styled it looks like my grandmothers. she should have got something a little more textured like Halle Berry's pixie

Dandelion6
August 10th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Beyonce brave because she cut her hair?!! Nope!!! She is just following what's in trend. I don't think it's a coincidence that she is now sporting short hair days after Rihanna put a pic on instagram with her weave gone sporting short "natural" hair. The only thing Beyonce did bravely was remove that awful weave, which seem to be a security blanket. Next step would be to get out of this blonde rut she's in. Does she pull it off? NO!! Her face is the same width as her neck, which throws the whole thing off!!! Plus Beyonce would never go full on natural like her sister. She has an image to uphold. What is she going to be swinging now on stage? Her hair flipping and swinging is half the performance!!

"Does she pull it off? NO!! Her face is the same width as her neck, which throws the whole thing off!!!." Yup. At least one other person saw what I saw. Beyonce is a beautiful woman but she needs a bit more hair to balance things out!

heartgoesboom
August 10th, 2013, 10:31 AM
woo! nice to see some women mentioning heavy lifting ;) but back to beyonce... it's not that much of a shock, sheesh, she can just put on a wig/extensions the next week!

Killahkurlz
August 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
. What is she going to be swinging now on stage? Her hair flipping and swinging is half the performance!!

:agree::agree::agree:

chen bao jun
August 10th, 2013, 01:18 PM
She lightens her hair because it makes her skin look much lighter. I don't know why this happens, theoretically it doesn't make sense because you would think dark hair in contrast would make you look like you have lighter skin, but I know from experience (worn a blond wig a few times for fun, like at Halloween), when I wear a blond wig I stop getting the 'what are you' questions I usually get because a lot of people don't even suspect that I might be black anymore. Beyonce has a little more color than I do but compare her photos from when she was in Destiny's child to current photos of her as blonde, there's quite a difference.
Of course its her right to present herself any way that she wants to, and I'm not dissing her in any way. I'm just saying, don't expect to see the blonde hair stop anytime soon, because it is serving a purpose.

Tota
August 10th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I don't like it. I tried to look at it with an open mind and like it but it just feels wrong to me. She was gorgeous with her long hair/weave/wig/whatever. I'm not saying she's not pretty now, but there's just something missing. There were two women whose hair I have always admired - Beyonce and Shakira. And I really really hope Shakira's not the next one ...

Eve 322
August 10th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I don't like it. I tried to look at it with an open mind and like it but it just feels wrong to me. She was gorgeous with her long hair/weave/wig/whatever. I'm not saying she's not pretty now, but there's just something missing. There were two women whose hair I have always admired - Beyonce and Shakira. And I really really hope Shakira's not the next one ...

Amen! I've tried to look at it objectively (obvi I'm biased towards long hair!), but I just don't like it. Sorry. She has a pretty face no matter what, but it just looks...like you said, *wrong.* Like someone forceably sheared it off (think Le Mis...lol). It's weird on her. Very rare is the girl who can pull off a pixie cut.

The person (IMO) who pulled off both looks best, seemingly effortlessly, was Morena Baccarin. Long in "Firefly" (one of my favorite shows of all time!):

http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/off_pics/Morena_Baccarin/Morena_Baccarin_Face.jpg

And pixie for the show "V":

http://mimg.ugo.com/200908/10655/cuts/v-morena-baccarin_288x288.jpg

And again, she has very delicate features and a long, thin neck. I think that probably makes all the difference when it comes to a pixie cut. Beyonce is thick (not fat thick, muscular with curves and such), and I just don't think it works on her.

leslissocool
August 10th, 2013, 02:57 PM
She lightens her hair because it makes her skin look much lighter. I don't know why this happens, theoretically it doesn't make sense because you would think dark hair in contrast would make you look like you have lighter skin, but I know from experience (worn a blond wig a few times for fun, like at Halloween), when I wear a blond wig I stop getting the 'what are you' questions I usually get because a lot of people don't even suspect that I might be black anymore. Beyonce has a little more color than I do but compare her photos from when she was in Destiny's child to current photos of her as blonde, there's quite a difference.
Of course its her right to present herself any way that she wants to, and I'm not dissing her in any way. I'm just saying, don't expect to see the blonde hair stop anytime soon, because it is serving a purpose.

I don't know, personally I had both and yes I got asked where I was from when I was lighter colored hair (bleached) but my skin looked tan even when it wasn't.

lapushka
August 10th, 2013, 05:30 PM
The pixie as I found images of it (straight, bleached), I don't like, neither did I like any of her weaves. Now this I *do* like:
http://woohair.com/large/Beyonce_Short_Hair_24.jpg

Seanymph
August 10th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Amen! I've tried to look at it objectively (obvi I'm biased towards long hair!), but I just don't like it. Sorry. She has a pretty face no matter what, but it just looks...like you said, *wrong.* Like someone forceably sheared it off (think Le Mis...lol). It's weird on her. Very rare is the girl who can pull off a pixie cut.

The person (IMO) who pulled off both looks best, seemingly effortlessly, was Morena Baccarin. Long in "Firefly" (one of my favorite shows of all time!):

http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/off_pics/Morena_Baccarin/Morena_Baccarin_Face.jpg

And pixie for the show "V":

http://mimg.ugo.com/200908/10655/cuts/v-morena-baccarin_288x288.jpg

And again, she has very delicate features and a long, thin neck. I think that probably makes all the difference when it comes to a pixie cut. Beyonce is thick (not fat thick, muscular with curves and such), and I just don't think it works on her.

WOW!!!!! She definitely pulls off both looks!!! Second pic kinda looks like Victoria Beckham.

chen bao jun
August 10th, 2013, 08:10 PM
WOW!!!!! She definitely pulls off both looks!!! Second pic kinda looks like Victoria Beckham.
This girl's a beauty and she does look good both ways. She has a bit of an Audrey Hepburn vibe.

MidnightMoon
August 12th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I don't know, personally I had both and yes I got asked where I was from when I was lighter colored hair (bleached) but my skin looked tan even when it wasn't.

When looking at older photos back when I used to dye it redish sort of blonde I feel like it made my skin look more tan, since there is less contrast, but at the same time you would expect that hair colour on white people, so it's sort of confusing I guess.
My dark hair sort of tells people I must be from south Europe, or latin even if it makes my skin look lighter, becase nords or americans (obviously not african american people) 'don't ' have that hair colour, so it was in fact a bit weird (or at least to me that's what happens), what you look live vs. what your brain tells you what to relate those features to.