PDA

View Full Version : Progress- but new problems advice?

Rebbylicious
August 8th, 2013, 02:46 PM
This forum has been so helpful for my hair crisis.
Yesterday I posted that I attempted lush henna caca brun for the first time to my dark/dishwater blonde hair over the weekend. I hated it, and it was making me look goth because my skin has a pink undertone and it was starting to look almost black.
I did the color oops today and it appears that *most of the henna (with indigo) is gone. THANK GOODNESS! My profile pic is my hair yesterday before attempting to remove henna. (i would be willing to post a pic with the new progress but my phone makes the pictures too big and I am not sure how to make them smaller on a mac before posting.. so if anyone knows how I would love to know.)

Now I have 2 new problems. 1- My roots are very orange. 2- My ends are tinted green/blue.

I know that the orange and blue are opposite issues. If I do something to combat the blue/green the orange will be brighter, and if I do something to combat the orange the green/blue will be brighter. So any suggestions? I have another package of color oops and I was thinking of doing that one more treatment just to be sure I got everything out. (not sure if the henna is still in my hair even if I don't see it? I have read that it can cause issues with dying if it remains in hair.

I have read reviews for the Sally beauty supply Ion crystal clarifying treatment and was wondering if anyone has tried that or has an opinion on it? Thanks!

I would love any advice on what to do next.

tigerlily.
August 8th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Hey I can't help with the henna sorry :( there are loads of henna experts here who I'm sure can give you some advice. I can help with resizing using a mac though. If you open your photo in preview, on the toolbar above select Tools then Adjust Size. Make sure Scale Proportionally is ticked otherwise the photo gets a bit distorted. Hope this helps and good luck with your hair! :)

Rebbylicious
August 8th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Hey I can't help with the henna sorry :( there are loads of henna experts here who I'm sure can give you some advice. I can help with resizing using a mac though. If you open your photo in preview, on the toolbar above select Tools then Adjust Size. Make sure Scale Proportionally is ticked otherwise the photo gets a bit distorted. Hope this helps and good luck with your hair! :)

Thank you- I will try this after I get back from some errands :)

Firefox7275
August 8th, 2013, 05:52 PM
For regular hair colour it can take up to three colour remover treatments to shift the dye. IMO keep trying to shift the henna/ indigo before it oxidises. Might be best to do strand tests on shed plughole hair before attempting any further dye jobs.

Kaelee
August 9th, 2013, 10:14 AM
You might have luck finding info in the henna forum. I do know that if you bleach indigo, you'll wind up with green hair. I don't know what color remover does to indigo, but I suspect similar results unfortunately. I have no experience with indigo and color oops, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable in that particular area will chime in.

Unfortunately, they don't put a "do not bleach or it will turn green" on indigo products. They just play it off like it behaves like any other haircolor, which is NOT the case and is irresponsible on the parts of these "natural/henna haircolor" manufacturers.