PDA

View Full Version : That's it!!!!

Shanarana
September 1st, 2008, 02:57 PM
No more plastic hair toys for me......I've broken my last one. Must have been a total of 7 in the last 30 days that have fallen apart.

It's metal and wood from now on for me.

SHELIAANN1969
September 1st, 2008, 03:40 PM
I know the feeling, why spend 4-5$ per toy and they break? It's better to spend 20-25$ and you have a fantastic stick or fork!

I am sad your toys are broken, I know that sucks big time.

Shanarana
September 1st, 2008, 03:49 PM
I'm just glad they are not so expensive otherwise I'd go ballistic. The extra dollars spent is worth having a good decent hair toy that will last.

EmpressRi
September 1st, 2008, 06:59 PM
You brute! Don't know your own strength?! :p

florenonite
September 1st, 2008, 07:16 PM
That's impressive hair that does that :P

cuddledumplin
September 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah, unless it's a headband, I tend to go for metal and wood now too. I've lost count of how many I've broken, but to be honest I've broken wooden and metal hairtoys too.

spidermom
September 1st, 2008, 07:59 PM
I feel the same way. I've broken a plastic hair stick. The pair was a gift. I haven't bought much, but what I chose for myself is sturdy.

Arctic_Mama
September 1st, 2008, 08:49 PM
Yes, that was what convinced me my hair was thicker than, erm... normal? I think it was the death of the fourth claw clip in one month - broken teeth, but then a broken SPRING?! And I wasn't even MOVING.

Wood and metal... think of them as beautiful, functional investments in the relishing of your hair!

Darkhorse1
September 1st, 2008, 08:55 PM
Sorry, I had to laugh. I was given this huge, lovely plastic clip--really large, that I LOVEd to put all my hair up into after I washed it, so it could dry. Sadly, I went to use it one day, and unbeknownst to me, the spring had rusted as I'd been using it on wet hair. I went to open the clip and the spring sprung and flew across the room...it was rather amusing! I was sad though as it was a sentimnetal piece for me.

Shanarana
September 2nd, 2008, 02:30 AM
Sorry, I had to laugh. I was given this huge, lovely plastic clip--really large, that I LOVEd to put all my hair up into after I washed it, so it could dry. Sadly, I went to use it one day, and unbeknownst to me, the spring had rusted as I'd been using it on wet hair. I went to open the clip and the spring sprung and flew across the room...it was rather amusing! I was sad though as it was a sentimnetal piece for me.

I'm sad you lost a sentimental hair toy, but good thing the spring flew across the room.......those can be dangerous. Imagine it hitting someone in the eye. Goodness.