PDA

View Full Version : 13 Months after the Pixie-Thing

ceruleanlove
August 6th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Hello! I'd decided that I would rather wait for my one year chop-versary before posting...and then I went and missed it. Go figure. So, here I am a month late!

I chopped my hair at the very end of June 2012, once I decided that all the bleach/heat damage was driving me insane. As of today, I am about an inch (or so) shy of being shoulder length!

http://i.imgur.com/tRX3GlEh.jpg
(Not sure why my labels are tiny, but from left to right: le chop / Sept. / Oct. / Dec. / Jan. / Mar. / Today!)

Anyway, just wanted to share my little bit of progress and say thanks, everyone, for all of the advice, information, and inspiration I could ever need :)

chen bao jun
August 6th, 2013, 07:13 PM
It has grown nicely.

AmyBeth
August 6th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Happy hairversary! Each one of the pictures is cute- you have a face that can pull any hairstyle off. I like longer better, though.:)

Warda
August 6th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Wow congratulations!! Your hair looks soo healthy and pretty :)

hannabiss
August 6th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Very nice. Its probably very health! Have u had any trims?

ceruleanlove
August 6th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Thanks, everyone :) It's considerably healthier than it was pre-chop, although I was a little rough with it during the grow-out.

AnyBeth: I like longer better as well :D

Very nice. Its probably very health! Have u had any trims?
I trimmed the bottom probably every 6 weeks or so (I was fairly obsessed with avoiding any form of a mullet), and I would have my stylist shape everything up every second or third trim. I've only had two trims since the beginning of this year though, and I'm trying to avoid getting another until at least November. Frequent cutting has been a hard habit for me to break, though I'm hoping now that I can put it up (finally!) I'll be able to forget about it a bit.

ceruleanlove
August 6th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Double post

alyanna
August 6th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Well that's one of the cutest pixies I've ever seen!

Leeloo
August 6th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks very healthy and pretty

ebullience
August 7th, 2013, 02:49 AM
You're one of the lucky people who can carry a pixie :) Congratulations on your growth so far and good luck with your growth going forward!

Rebecka
August 7th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Very pretty :)

Tails
August 7th, 2013, 04:08 AM
You have beautiful hair! And all those lengths look good on you!

Buffy
August 7th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Wow, you are honestly one of the few(in my opinion) girls who can pull off a pixie so beautifuly! It must feel really good to start your "journey" with healthy hair! May i also say, i think bangs look great on you!

browneyedsusan
August 7th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Hello! I'd decided that I would rather wait for my one year chop-versary before posting...and then I went and missed it. Go figure. So, here I am a month late!

I chopped my hair at the very end of June 2012, once I decided that all the bleach/heat damage was driving me insane. As of today, I am about an inch (or so) shy of being shoulder length!

http://i.imgur.com/tRX3GlEh.jpg
(Not sure why my labels are tiny, but from left to right: le chop / Sept. / Oct. / Dec. / Jan. / Mar. / Today!)

Anyway, just wanted to share my little bit of progress and say thanks, everyone, for all of the advice, information, and inspiration I could ever need :)

Excellent progress! You look so cute during your grow-out!

woolyleprechaun
August 7th, 2013, 05:22 AM
I've never seen such a dignified grow out ;)
I looked horrific for about 3 years after my crop lol. You clearly can pull off short hair :)

sisi33
August 7th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Terrific progress! Congratulations!

Surinecet
August 7th, 2013, 07:53 AM
I agree with everyone else, it really looks great in all stages!

lapushka
August 7th, 2013, 08:02 AM
It grew out nicely, better than the pixies I ever grew out! Congrats! :D

melusine963
August 7th, 2013, 11:07 AM
You're so lucky that your hair suits you at every length! It looks great.

summergreen
August 7th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Thats a nice lot of growth! :)

ceruleanlove
August 7th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks, guys :o

Vanilla
August 7th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Amazing progress!

massivecnqstdr
August 7th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Your beginning length is where I'm at now. I have been growing since 1". I am so glad you posted this, as it gives me hope! Also, you hair looks to be in fantastic condition.