PDA

View Full Version : A braid that's not braided

chen bao jun
August 6th, 2013, 02:51 PM
This lady shows how to do a French braid (in france they call these tresses africaines) that isn't braided at all. She does it with clear elastics. Its not a protective hair style but its attractive and I didn't know if the braid challenged might not find the idea interesting for once in a while. The video is in French but the only parts that might not be clear are that she keeps some hair inthe front loose to tuck later at the beginning, and that you have to use CLEAR elastics to get the effect that looks like you braided when you didn't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7la-N6EVPo

Leeloo
August 6th, 2013, 02:59 PM
What a neat idea. Thank you for posting. I’m going to try it tomorrow.

gingerclip
August 6th, 2013, 03:11 PM
It's very pretty. I can't do loose french braids because they fall out, but I might be able to achieve the same look with her method.

Tails
August 6th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Interesting method! I'm trying this in the morning. Thank for sharing!

Wavelength
August 6th, 2013, 03:53 PM
That was a pretty cool video! I love styles that look more complicated than they really are.

CharleaMurphy
August 6th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Oh that's really gorgeous! I'll have to try this some time. Thanks :)

jacqueline101
August 6th, 2013, 04:50 PM
That's a neat hair do.

Magalo
August 7th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Hahaha, in the comments someone was like "you're like Tangled in brown!! Crazy hair!" and the girl in the video was like "Everybody likes it but I really need to cut it a bit hahaha!" like wtf it's not even BSL? :p

Anje
August 7th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Interesting and pretty!

Those clear elastics eat my hair like crazy, unfortunately.

chen bao jun
August 7th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Thought of that myself, about the clear elastics. If I ever tried this myself, I'd use black ouchless goodies.
Magalo, I'm getting like this myself after a year on LHCF--have to remind myself that to the rest of the world, brastrap is long hair! Especially pretty, healthy, shiny hair like that woman has. I'm brastrap myself and it doesn't seem long nowadays, though that was my goal when I came on here. (Of course in my case, I'd have to flatiron for that to be evident.) In real life, people don't see classic and knee length and bra strap is long and waist is VERY long, and a far off dream for many....