View Full Version : Can catnip rinse be followed with ACV rinse?

Leeloo
August 6th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I was wondering if a catnip rinse can be followed up with an ACV rinse? Or will it negate the results of catnip.

Thank you :o

ravenreed
August 6th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I do an ACV rinse first, then the catnip because I use catnip as a leave in.

Leeloo
August 6th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Thank you ravenreed. I wash out my catnip rinse, so I thought I try ACV afterwards. Maybe I’ll need to experiment.

YamaMaya
August 6th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I've never heard of a catnip rinse, maybe it will make me popular with the neighborhood cats :p

Seriously though, what's a catnip rinse for?

ravenreed
August 6th, 2013, 03:26 PM
It helps prevent split ends. Once you make a tea out of it, the kitties are no longer interested, fortunately! I would hate to walk around with my cats stuck to my scalp.

I've never heard of a catnip rinse, maybe it will make me popular with the neighborhood cats :p

Seriously though, what's a catnip rinse for?

YamaMaya
August 6th, 2013, 03:30 PM
It helps prevent split ends. Once you make a tea out of it, the kitties are no longer interested, fortunately! I would hate to walk around with my cats stuck to my scalp.
:laugh: Thanks for clearing that up

Callifornia
August 6th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Since I use the catnip to help prevent new splits, I use it before my AVC. I used to use AVC before my catnip, but since AVC closes the cuticle the catnip didn't seem to penetrate enough to help with my tendency towards split ends.

I occasionally apply some extra catnip on my ends (as a leave-in) after I am done with both my catnip soak and the ACV.

Leeloo
August 6th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Thanks Callifornia, that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure if anyone tried it: condition with catnip then close the cuticle with ACV rinse. But then I was thinking since ACV strips a little product off of the hair if it would undo the catnip benefit (I just have very little idea of how each rinse actually works).

Callifornia
September 6th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I just learned how to search for if people quote you in a thread :) I'm not sure, it doesn't seem to take away the conditioning effects especially since some people find too much avc in the rinse leaves their hair stringy and oily looking not stripped or dried out. So it seems to do the opposite of stripping and helps condition.
But I'm afraid I also have little idea of how they actually work, I have only tried them and learned from mistakes what they do to my own hair. I'm sorry I wish I could be more helpful.

Hairitic
September 8th, 2013, 07:02 AM
I add my catnip tea to a bit of ACV and use them together as a final rinse. Seems to work well for me. I have few if any split ends and shiny hair. :cheer: