PDA

View Full Version : It takes a community to grow long hair

Komao
August 5th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I just wanted to say how happy I am to be a member of this community of fellow lovers of long hair.
It's so inspiring to me to have people committed to achieving great lengths.

I wish I found this forum along time ago. When I get discouraged, (I haven't since joining this group) I feel I will get uplifted and my desire for long, healthy locks only increases.
If I have a bad hair day, I can get through it. If I need advice, there is always someone with helpful facts.

I love learning different up-dos and braids. I love hearing about different techniques, treatments, oils for your hair and the list goes on.

I wonder how many others have really found this site to be a great enabler for them to achieve their long hair & get through those times when you need a community of people who share a common interest like,

LONG BEAUTIFUL HAIR:blossom: Please share your thoughts.

truepeacenik
August 5th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I'm very happy the community is a benefit to you. I agree that it is a great resource, I jokingly call it a brain trust, and thanks to meets, I've gotten to know some really cool individuals.

I'm in a two week rule phase (that's no cutting without thinking about it for two weeks, something I learned here) and I happened to see two blond women yesterday with knee length hair. My area typically has gorgeous long hair, but a lot of it has recent south or East Asian genetic roots.
Seeing knee on just another hippie mama was good, and she was my age or a bit better. (I'm almost 45. She could be a rough life late 40s or a well maintained 60s)
That's my goal, and seeing it live certainly helps me think, I can do that and it's worth the wait.

Komao
August 5th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I'm very happy the community is a benefit to you. I agree that it is a great resource, I jokingly call it a brain trust, and thanks to meets, I've gotten to know some really cool individuals.

I'm in a two week rule phase (that's no cutting without thinking about it for two weeks, something I learned here) and I happened to see two blond women yesterday with knee length hair. My area typically has gorgeous long hair, but a lot of it has recent south or East Asian genetic roots.
Seeing knee on just another hippie mama was good, and she was my age or a bit better. (I'm almost 45. She could be a rough life late 40s or a well maintained 60s)
That's my goal, and seeing it live certainly helps me think, I can do that and it's worth the wait.

I think that is great advice regarding no cutting without thinking about it for at least 2 weeks. I will heed that advice. I also like your goal and it helps me too :o

Leeloo
August 5th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Oh boy, I didn’t even know how many things I was doing that were damaging my hair before LHC.

Komao
August 5th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Ditto to that Leeloo:)

stachelbeere
August 5th, 2013, 03:23 PM
I had the same thought today as well, how awesome this forum is. What I really like about it is that it's a place where I can feel 'safe' from being judged by random insincere people that are everywhere else on the Internet. That kind of approach really discourages me from revealing too much of myself online.

For me this forum is like going back about 7 years when I was actually enjoying the Internet and individuals I met on the way, some of which I stayed in touch with. It's funny how 6, 7 years ago there were predictions that people would stop making friends in reality and would only hang out with their online friends. I think those predictions were only partly true in my case; nowadays I stay in touch with people I know from real life through the Internet, it's more convenient that way ;) like many of us I spend a great deal of time online.

All of the above plus the hair part makes it a great forum ;)

Komao
August 5th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I'm glad we share this safe haven too. It's so nice to have a group with such a passion for a common interest as exciting as long hair. :p

melusine963
August 5th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Oh boy, I didn’t even know how many things I was doing that were damaging my hair before LHC.

Same here. I would never have made it to TBL without this forum.

pili
August 5th, 2013, 05:03 PM
I so agree with what everyone is saying. I wish I had found this eight years ago when I first cut my almost hip-length hair. No matter. I'm very happy to be here now!

CousinItt
August 5th, 2013, 05:13 PM
TBH I didn't even know I wanted long hair until I found this site. I had grown out a pixie and was at shoulder length, and hating every moment of shoulder length (what an ugly stage on me). Then I saw all these pictures here of men and women with the most gorgeous flowing locks of various amazing lengths and I fell in love.

AmyBeth
August 5th, 2013, 07:31 PM
I really appreciate not HAVING any bad hair days since joining LHC. When I have what I used to consider a bad hair day, now I just let it be and put it up!:p

jacqueline101
August 6th, 2013, 05:33 AM
It's great to have a place where you can learn about proper hair care. It's great to participate in this group. The things we think are good for our hair turn out to be bad.

Komao
August 7th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I really appreciate not HAVING any bad hair days since joining LHC. When I have what I used to consider a bad hair day, now I just let it be and put it up!:p

Me too. I feel the same way and it's freeing and still growing at the same time.:)

PeaceTeaRules
August 7th, 2013, 10:41 AM
This forum had taught me that growing your hair long is a journey, and a worthwhile one at that; especially in a society that is based upon instant gratification.

Thus I thought to myself, perhaps that is why people get hair extensions. They want long hair but don't want to put the hassle and patience into it. I think that it's well worth the wait, especially for the wow factor when it gets to desired length. :)

It's also a wonderful community to share tips, photos, tutorials and to not be criticized for not donating to Lol... "Are you going to grow it to donate?" No, I am growing it because I want to keep it ... n(-_-;

blace
August 7th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I'm a new member and the main reason that I decided to join was how encouraging and uplifting everyone seems to be.
Besides the wealth of information that the forums provide, I am looking forward to the support of the community as I make my way from chin to where ever I end up.

So happy to be here :joy:

Komao
August 7th, 2013, 12:44 PM
This forum had taught me that growing your hair long is a journey, and a worthwhile one at that; especially in a society that is based upon instant gratification.

Thus I thought to myself, perhaps that is why people get hair extensions. They want long hair but don't want to put the hassle and patience into it. I think that it's well worth the wait, especially for the wow factor when it gets to desired length. :)

It's also a wonderful community to share tips, photos, tutorials and to not be criticized for not donating to Lol... "Are you going to grow it to donate?" No, I am growing it because I want to keep it ... n(-_-;

Your hair looks lovely. I have never had an interest in hair extensions. I just want the real McCoy. I want to know its all mine and feel what I can only imagine, is like heaven when I get to waist length. That's my goal for now. I have patience and I'm not into instant gratification. When I get hair to waist, I will be thrilled and proud to have been patient and achieving my goals. I ain't donating it either

Komao
August 7th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Welcome blace, I'm new too. I love this forum with people with like interests and I do find it encouraging, too.
My hair goal is waist length right now and by spring I think I'll be there. Good luck with your hair journey:D

KatieLou91
August 7th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I've only just joined and I'm so pleased that I am going to get a lot of advice and support. But I'm so desperate to grow my hair. I've never had hair past my shoulders and as a child I looked like a boy I had so little hair lol. I've stopped all forms of heat and hair dye and been using coconut oil treatments twice a week as well as c.o washing 5 times a week and only shampooing twice a week. I use a pea sized amount of coconut oil on my ends every other day though to protect my ends as they are very snappy, even though my hair grows quite quickly. My hair at the moment is b.s length and my goal is waist length by next year. It's always been a bother growing as it is quite fine (2.5 inch circumference). Any more advice to achieve my dream would be great! Thank you so much guys :) x

leslissocool
August 7th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I like this forum. I've been part of several, this one is the one I've been the most active in.

Komao
August 7th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I've only just joined and I'm so pleased that I am going to get a lot of advice and support. But I'm so desperate to grow my hair. I've never had hair past my shoulders and as a child I looked like a boy I had so little hair lol. I've stopped all forms of heat and hair dye and been using coconut oil treatments twice a week as well as c.o washing 5 times a week and only shampooing twice a week. I use a pea sized amount of coconut oil on my ends every other day though to protect my ends as they are very snappy, even though my hair grows quite quickly. My hair at the moment is b.s length and my goal is waist length by next year. It's always been a bother growing as it is quite fine (2.5 inch circumference). Any more advice to achieve my dream would be great! Thank you so much guys :) x

Welcome! I'm new too and love this site. You might want to check out the mane forum and ask your hair questions there so more people will see it and you can get some answers. Best of luck on achieving your dream. Maybe I shouldn't say luck as it's really determination, setting your goals and sticking to it. Learning from here what is the best care you can give to your hair type will help it grow well:)

Komao
August 7th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I can't wait till my hair gets to your length. I would even settle for WL and be quite satisfied, for now:)

KatieLou91
August 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Thank you so much, yes defiantly will check out the mane forum :) gone for a week without any heat so I'm doing well lol x