PDA

View Full Version : Did I finally reach TBL?

CaranDulin
August 5th, 2013, 12:47 PM
This is a picture taken in May with my waves all combed out:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4307&d=1368314654

And this is a picture taken yesterday with bun curls:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5701&d=1375727955

It looks like I may have actually made it... What do you guys think? I've been wearing it up more often, and microtrimming as well as S&D every week. Thanks for looking!

Skade
August 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
You definitely did!

Skade
August 5th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Congratulations by the way :D Looks great

spidermom
August 5th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Well, I don't know. When you put your finger at the bottom of your hair and push inward, do you feel your tailbone?

CaranDulin
August 5th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Congratulations by the way :D Looks great

Yay! :D So happy, thank you!

CaranDulin
August 5th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Well, I don't know. When you put your finger at the bottom of your hair and push inward, do you feel your tailbone?

Well...to be honest, I can't find my tailbone at all on myself

Leeloo
August 5th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I think you totally made it. Congratulations! Your hair looks great!

morrigan*
August 5th, 2013, 02:08 PM
To me it looks like you are :D Congrats!

lapushka
August 5th, 2013, 02:16 PM
By the way you're wearing your jeans (tightest area seems TBL to me), I'd say you're about an inch away.

CaranDulin
August 5th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Hmm... Okay! Thanks for the input. :)

melusine963
August 5th, 2013, 04:43 PM
With your hair stretched out, you're definitely there. As it hangs, you're maybe an inch away. Either way your hair is lovely.

CaranDulin
August 5th, 2013, 04:48 PM
With your hair stretched out, you're definitely there. As it hangs, you're maybe an inch away. Either way your hair is lovely.

Yay! Okay. Everyone seems to have different opinions! So I'm a little confused. :) Thank you!

lapushka
August 5th, 2013, 04:51 PM
You're either there or at the most an inch away, so it's not too bad. ;)

CaranDulin
August 5th, 2013, 04:57 PM
You're either there or at the most an inch away, so it's not too bad. ;)
Okay, guess so. :3 Thank you!

AmyBeth
August 5th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Yay! Okay. Everyone seems to have different opinions! So I'm a little confused. :) Thank you!

Let me clear up the confusion for you: no matter what length it is, it's sooo pretty!! Love those bun waves!

CurlyMopTop
August 5th, 2013, 08:54 PM
I love the bun curls! From the way your pic looks, you're there or really close! When you sit down, does your hair touch the chair? That's one way you can tell, or so I've read. I have a long ways to go before I hit tailbone. Congrats!

jacqueline101
August 5th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I'd you're there.

sisi33
August 6th, 2013, 06:36 AM
I would say your tips are there, if you stretch them. Congrats! Your hair is gorgeous!

arcane
August 6th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I find tailbone length to be the one most people can't seem to agree on where exactly it is, most (I've found) seem to think it's higher than I would place it. A lot of people mistake their bottom few vertebrae as their tailbones (my doctor told me this, because they stick out more than the tailbone does, I thought I broke my tailbone, but it was really the third vertebrae up). One way to find yours is to feel down your spine, the tailbone curves inwards, and pressing along near the end your spine your should be able to feel that (I can, again my doctor showed me this).

I think you are just about there, hard to tell, as everyones tailbone can be in a slightly different place. Either way, congrats! Your hair is gorgeous.

CaranDulin
August 6th, 2013, 10:52 PM
I find tailbone length to be the one most people can't seem to agree on where exactly it is, most (I've found) seem to think it's higher than I would place it. A lot of people mistake their bottom few vertebrae as their tailbones (my doctor told me this, because they stick out more than the tailbone does, I thought I broke my tailbone, but it was really the third vertebrae up). One way to find yours is to feel down your spine, the tailbone curves inwards, and pressing along near the end your spine your should be able to feel that (I can, again my doctor showed me this).

I think you are just about there, hard to tell, as everyones tailbone can be in a slightly different place. Either way, congrats! Your hair is gorgeous.

Yes, that would be helpful to actually be shown by a doctor... based on what others have said, I still can't find it on myself! D: Thank you for your thoughts, though. I appreciate it!

I would say your tips are there, if you stretch them. Congrats! Your hair is gorgeous!

Really? Yes, maybe a picture with my natural waves instead would be more accurate. Thank you. :o

I'd you're there.

I hope so...

I love the bun curls! From the way your pic looks, you're there or really close! When you sit down, does your hair touch the chair? That's one way you can tell, or so I've read. I have a long ways to go before I hit tailbone. Congrats!

Thank you so much! They're fun. :) And it depends on the chair, actually--it varies, based on the chair's fluffiness. So, maybe I am not quite there solidly yet.

woolyleprechaun
August 7th, 2013, 01:59 AM
I have no idea....TBL is hard to tell, isn't it? :)
All I can say is that you have gorgeous, mermaid-esque hair!

CaranDulin
August 7th, 2013, 06:55 PM
I have no idea....TBL is hard to tell, isn't it? :)
All I can say is that you have gorgeous, mermaid-esque hair!

Yeah...It's kind of infuriatingly mysterious, haha.
:o Wow...Thank you so much, leprechaun!