PDA

View Full Version : Question for Members who shed from conditioner on scalp.

Fantak
August 4th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Hello :)

My hair sheds like crazy whenever I put conditioner on my scalp. No big deal, I just stopped conditioning my scalp :D

However, my lashes fall out whenever I use mascara, not when I take it off either it happens while I'm actually wearing it!

I'm beginning to think it may be related.

Have any of you noticed this happening to your lashes? Were you able to find a way to wear mascara or a brand that didn't make them fall out?

I really miss wearing mascara :(

Thank you :)

irisheyes
August 4th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Yes, I think you are right about that. Although I never noticed until last year, conditioner makes me shed, so I stopped using it on my scalp. I always had skimpy eyelashes and mascara seemed to make the situation worse, so I stopped using mascara many years ago. I wear brown false eyelashes instead.

Wildcat Diva
August 4th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I dunno, I have always worn mascara, and now that I'm at age 43, my eyelashes seem sparse. Along with my eyebrows I've overplucked over the years. I've used cold pressed organic castor oil to attempt to help with both problems for the last several months. I'm not seeing any results. Sigh. I've also pretty much stopped wearing makeup altogether recently, mostly out of convenience and not caring about it. I look pretty with makeup, but I know I also look nice without any (although I do look tired!)

I kind of wish I'd stopped wearing makeup as a young woman, but you can't turn back the clock. Maybe I'd have thicker eyelashes if I had.