PDA

View Full Version : My one year LHC anniversary

whylime13
August 2nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
Slightly belated since I joined on the 7/15/12. But I've hit the one year mark at LHC. It's been fun getting to know some of you and I've really learned a lot about my hair. Here are some side by side shots of my first hair pic and one I just took a few weeks ago:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa184/fantasticakes/longhair2.jpghttp://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa184/fantasticakes/4ff61c70-4b5c-47e2-ab2f-9c772baebc01.jpg

I'm totally wearing the same shirt, but not on purpose. I guess that happens when I always wear green when I'm showing off my hair.

I think some of what's changed is just simple observation. I would have always described my hair as stick straight, but as you can see in these two photos - that's not quite true. I also had no idea how much is 'normal growth' or 'normal shedding' on me, but after a year of paying attention now I know what's usually going on up there.

My biggest changes: I 99% stopped doing a ponytail as my standard updo - can you see how much the breakage has grown out between the two photos? My hair feels bunches thicker because of that, well I also switched from a brush to a wide toothed comb when it is wet and that helps too. Also, I discovered the power of coconut oil. My hair says "Thank you Thank you LHC!" for that. It took some experimenting to find out what oils and when my hair likes, but a light coconut oiling on the ends before washing and the occasional coconut and conditioner deep treatment does wonders.

It's been a good year hair-wise, when I first joined I think my original length goal was about where I am now, but I quickly pushed it out to waist length. I've got six inches to go, but who knows what I'll decide in the mean time.

:disco:

Arien
August 2nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
Your hair looks super healthy! :). Lovely colour too!

Warda
August 2nd, 2013, 03:59 PM
Wow whylime, your hair is very very very beautiful. The colour, the texture, its so healthing, everything! I cant believe its that gorgeous and its not even very long yet. What do you do?? Well done!!
Congratulations! :)

Leeloo
August 2nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks beautiful!

pocketsmall
August 2nd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Impressive progress! I'm glad you found methods that are working for you.

CurlMonster
August 2nd, 2013, 08:15 PM
Your hair is very beautiful! :) It looks so healthy. Well done!

ebullience
August 2nd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Your hair looks fantastic!

jacqueline101
August 2nd, 2013, 09:07 PM
Your hair looks beautiful.

AnnaB
August 3rd, 2013, 04:28 AM
great progress!!! your hair looks very healthy

MasCat
August 3rd, 2013, 04:32 AM
What luscious hair! Wow :D

sisi33
August 3rd, 2013, 04:59 AM
Your hemline is gorgeous! Congrats on your anniversary!

AngryVikingGirl
August 3rd, 2013, 06:58 AM
Nice! keep up the good work. ;)

whylime13
August 3rd, 2013, 08:58 AM
Thank you all for the kind compliments! I'm blushing this much right now: :o What a lift for a Saturday morning! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend

Vanilla
August 3rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Great progress :)