PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding the right GMS stylist

CarpeDM
August 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Hi Y'all! I would like to make an appointment for a trim this fall at the George Michael Salon in NYC, but I have no idea which stylist I should see. Can anyone recommend someone good there that they have had some experience with? TIA

lunalocks
August 2nd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Agnes is wonderful.

CarpeDM
August 2nd, 2013, 04:52 PM
OK great! Thank you for posting :)

jeanniet
August 2nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
No idea on the stylist, but your new avatar is awesome!

swearnsue
August 2nd, 2013, 05:55 PM
Speaking of avatars, Jeannie t, are those turtles you are holding in your avatar? I have a southern painted, so I was wondering...

CarpeDM
August 3rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
OK... So I have one vote for Agnes, anyone else??

fairview
August 3rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
Your choice of stylist should be based on the consult. A good stylist will start off by asking questions like, ' Are you giving your hair any challenges, Is your hair giving you challenges, Why did you come to see me, If you could change one thing about your hair what would it be?' After that ask you, 'How do you feel about your length, weight, layers, Do you want to change any of these qualities?' A good stylist will make suggestions but when the guests states, 'Do what you think is best,' will immediately stop the consult and explain that doesn't happen in their chair. A stylists whats to know what your destination is and if you don't have one will help you find one but will never create one for you. The ones that do are arrogant know it alls that you read about on this forum that start out with,' I'm never going to he salon again, the stylist did this or that.... I'm so mad/sad'

Spending a lot of $$$ or going to a prestigious salon doesn't guarantee a quality cut but a good consult does.

Vanilla
August 3rd, 2013, 11:15 AM
I love Agnes too :).