PDA

View Full Version : Where to go from here????

kreations4home
August 2nd, 2013, 05:10 AM
I just found the long hair community and I love it. The advice is amazing. I could definitely use some. Here is a little back-story about my hair. I started growing it about 10 years ago and maintained at waist length. I color my hair about once every 3 months with a black henna. My hair is naturally black but this adds a blue-black shinier tone. I don't color often because my new growth just blends in. I use a sulfate free shampoo ( I think its garbage) Kera Minerals Sulfate free..... I honestly don't think my hair needs all these ingredients. I really need advice on what shampoo and conditioner are the best for my hair:confused:. I cant just use, water or honey because I use olive oil and it looks greasy if I use honey or water. I cut my hair from 32 inches to 26 to cut out any damage I had and even out the bottom. I am ii 2a mc. I had never known it was horrible (yes, horrible) to brush my hair wet in the shower. I was losing tons of hair every time I did that. I thought I was was going to start balding. Just last week I read about it and stopped immediately. I now use a wide seamless comb to comb my hair and im only losing about 20 noticeable hairs a day. I was losing SO MUCH hair. Thank you for listening:o ​http://www.sallybeauty.com/keratin-shampoo/SBS-373681,default,pd.html

Leeloo
August 2nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Welcome! As much as I gather from reading around here is that you’ll have experiment a lot with different ingredients to find a really good shampoo for your hair or try a CO wash :waving:

emilyann
August 2nd, 2013, 01:49 PM
I'm still experimenting. I notice a bit less shed when I use conditioner as a leave-in. I have Shea Moisture conditioner (found it at Target) that I leave in the length; don't need a lot of it. Then I comb my wet hair after I get out of the shower. If I let my hair dry without detangling now, I get a lot more tangles and notice more hair getting pulled out when I detangle.

starlamelissa
August 2nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
I use plain ol sulphate shampoo from the grocery store. It's good technique, not products, that helps hair grow. I like vo5 clarifying shampoo, and suave professionals sleek shampoo. I like tresemme luxurious moisture conditioner, and vo5 conditioners. I alternate depending on mood.

Regular cleaning is good for the scalp, and that's good for hair. I wash my hair every day, and have for the past few months. My hair is growing faster than ever on that regimen.

starlamelissa
August 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
I've tried 3 sulphate free shampoos, 2 from trader joes, 1 from loreal, and the results were not satisfactory to me. Sticky, heavy, dull hair. I prefer shiny, soft hair.

Warda
August 2nd, 2013, 06:16 PM
Welcome! :)

I think you just need to experiment and use what works best for you. If you think sulphate free isnt that great after trial then go back to sulphates I think its okay esspecially if you shampoo your scalp only.
I am currently sulphate free and my hair loves it. It is waaay helthier. Buy I am still considering switching back!! The reason is I think my hair used to grow faster. I dont know how or why. Maybe its the washing frequency? I dont know but I am really confused about that thesr days and I think I might start experimenting!
Do what your hair likes!

Good luck :)

Warda
August 2nd, 2013, 06:21 PM
I use plain ol sulphate shampoo from the grocery store. It's good technique, not products, that helps hair grow. I like vo5 clarifying shampoo, and suave professionals sleek shampoo. I like tresemme luxurious moisture conditioner, and vo5 conditioners. I alternate depending on mood.

Regular cleaning is good for the scalp, and that's good for hair. I wash my hair every day, and have for the past few months. My hair is growing faster than ever on that regimen.

I think I have the same thing. When I used to wash everyday or every other day with a sulphate shampoo my hair used to grow so much faster. I am really thinking of going back. However whats holding me back is that my hair is healthier (but that may be due to other things - updos, careful handling, henna all that) and the big reason I am not sure if its the kind of shampoo or how often I wash. Do you have any experiences you can share??