PDA

View Full Version : Hair compliment in bunhead land :)

noelgirl
September 1st, 2008, 07:10 AM
Before ballet class the other day, I got the most random hair compliment :) Usually I bun my hair before I leave for class - even though the studio doesn't have a strict bunhead policy, other studios I've attended did, so a ballerina bun is just what I'm used to for class. The other day, though, I was running behind, and my hair was still soaking wet from washing it, so I put it in a quick half-up so that it could dry a bit during the commute. By the time I got there, it was only a bit damp, and I figured that it was probably looking pretty messy - really, I wasn't thinking much about it at all.

Anyway, as I was signing in at the desk, the receptionist said, "Your hair looks really good." It took me a second to realize that he was talking to me, this was probably when I'd least expect to get a hair compliment! I was just like, "Me?" and my teacher, who was at the desk as well, said, "Yeah, wow, I had no idea it was so long, I only see you with it twisted up. And it's curly!" They fawned for a bit, before I had to go put it up and get dressed. I played it modest with a simple "thanks," but inside I was like :cheese:! Anyway, just had to share :)

WavyGirl
September 1st, 2008, 08:51 AM
What a nice compliment. The surprise factor is always fun. :cheer:

paper
September 1st, 2008, 09:13 AM
What a great compliment. Especially when you weren't expecting it!

Fillette
September 1st, 2008, 12:08 PM
That is such a nice compliment. And I agree, your hair is gorgeous!!!

Islandgrrl
September 1st, 2008, 02:42 PM
Very nice hair compliment! Good for you!!! :)

trolleypup
September 1st, 2008, 03:45 PM
"bunhead land" Heee!

Reminds me of the days when I was hanging around the Ballet, and having no idea how long the corps dancers' hair was, until once in a while, they would be going out to a party from the show, and they'd come out the stage door with it down. Soloists and Principals got enough roles with hair down that I usually knew.

kwaniesiam
September 1st, 2008, 08:10 PM
That is a nice compliment, I'm sure well deserved. The title of the thread made me giggle :lol:

lynnala
September 1st, 2008, 09:22 PM
That's lovely! It's funny, I've found that I usually get the stray compliment when I haven't done anything at all to my hair, or haven't combed it, or whatever. Go figure!