PDA

View Full Version : Long layered hair cut

lapushka
August 1st, 2013, 04:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y66mkFGDZrU

ExpectoPatronum
August 1st, 2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks for this! I used her technique but modified it a little to even out my layers as they were horrible and looked terrible. Now I actually kind of like them instead of hating them. Now growing them out to match my length won't be as painful as it has been...Heck. I might just leave my layers in at this point. Thank you so much for sharing this video!

leslissocool
August 1st, 2013, 07:50 PM
This is a really great video!

akilina
August 1st, 2013, 08:37 PM
I'm shocked to say...I sort of approve lol :)

I was waiting for her to do something verrrryyy wrong and horrendous (like most haircut videos) the whole time but she really didn't. Some of her terminology on degrees was wrong but it doesn't really matter if you just watch instead of really listen to what she's saying. Pulling all your hair to the top of your head is not a 90 degree haircut. 90 is when you pull it straight out directly from its base, and the under hairs were pulled to a 180. So if that part doesn't confuse anyone based on prior knowledge then I don't see much wrong. Her hair looked pretty when it was done.

One thing I don't know if she said or not was when you pull the hair straight up from the scalp (especially when she first started) do NOT lose that same tension or angle. Hold it firm in your fingers and don't let any hair between your fingers get moved or pulled or slip when you bring it down to see what you are cutting.

Also, if its too hard to do standing up then sit down. I have to cut mine sitting down..for some reason I get better reach.

massivecnqstdr
August 1st, 2013, 09:41 PM
I'm shocked to say...I sort of approve lol :)

I was waiting for her to do something verrrryyy wrong and horrendous (like most haircut videos) the whole time but she really didn't. Some of her terminology on degrees was wrong but it doesn't really matter if you just watch instead of really listen to what she's saying. Pulling all your hair to the top of your head is not a 90 degree haircut. 90 is when you pull it straight out directly from its base, and the under hairs were pulled to a 180. So if that part doesn't confuse anyone based on prior knowledge then I don't see much wrong. Her hair looked pretty when it was done.

One thing I don't know if she said or not was when you pull the hair straight up from the scalp (especially when she first started) do NOT lose that same tension or angle. Hold it firm in your fingers and don't let any hair between your fingers get moved or pulled or slip when you bring it down to see what you are cutting.

Also, if its too hard to do standing up then sit down. I have to cut mine sitting down..for some reason I get better reach.

Same! This is basically the same as what I learned in school. However, I am 4 years out of school (and hated it!) so I haven't been doing hair. But hey, her hair looks amazing! Someday I'll be able to try that haircut on myself! I don't think I would take the layers quite that short, though, as I think very few hair textures/densities can support that. I see a lot of spindly hair from overlayering IRL and it scares me!

patienceneeded
August 1st, 2013, 09:54 PM
Seriously cool video! I really liked the vented brush she uses, does anyone here use the same one?

spidermom
August 1st, 2013, 10:22 PM
Neat-o!

I might try that some day.

HumanBean
August 1st, 2013, 10:42 PM
Her hair is the goal cut I am going for...soon....

lapushka
August 2nd, 2013, 03:21 AM
She actually takes time to go through the hair in parts. When we used to layer mine, my mom would pull it all to the top and cut it in one go. This is much more precise and neat. I thought the video was cool, best layering video I've seen to this day, I must say!!! She was recovering from a bad haircut (very short uneven layers). In a previous video she once pointed it out how uneven it was - I was shocked!

Tota
August 2nd, 2013, 04:34 AM
Thanks so much for sharing this video!

CrystalStar
August 2nd, 2013, 05:17 AM
Thanks for posting this! I've wanted to cut some very subtle layers on myself so I don't have a big 'chunk' of hair, but am absolutely terrified to go to a hairdresser!

CurlyMopTop
August 2nd, 2013, 05:53 AM
Love the video! I bookmarked it just incase I ever decide to go back to layers. ;)

jacqueline101
August 2nd, 2013, 07:36 AM
That's a neat video.

browneyedsusan
August 2nd, 2013, 07:56 AM
Love the video! I bookmarked it just incase I ever decide to go back to layers. ;)

Ditto! "thumbsup:

melusine963
August 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
What a fascinating video! I don't have layers, but I've bookmarked this in case I'm ever called on to help someone else.

Leeloo
August 2nd, 2013, 11:22 AM
Thank you for posting this link. She does make it look easy.