PDA

View Full Version : Straight hair without heat

lapushka
August 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaKn3WzlrlM

Arien
August 1st, 2013, 03:52 PM
I really like the effects these techniques gave :). Her hair looked lovely and smooth and glossy. It wasn't straight straight, but it was pretty good!

lapushka
August 1st, 2013, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I thought it was pretty neat how she did this with such long hair, and it came out really pretty!

Maktub
August 1st, 2013, 05:36 PM
For the twist, a tip is to take a piece of charmeuse silk, wrap over drying hair like a head scarf.
It will reduce frizz even more and add silkyness / smoothness

This being said, I really suck at doing this, I always end up with weird result from behind. Maybe I'll try again sometime... I probably didn't practice enough.

ExpectoPatronum
August 1st, 2013, 05:43 PM
I don't have super curly/wavy hair....so these might actually give me stick straight hair...I think I found a hair experiment for after I wash tonight!

ludwig20
August 2nd, 2013, 12:07 AM
Her hair looks lovely. Thanks for sharing this vid.

CurlyCap
August 2nd, 2013, 12:23 AM
I've tried both banding and wraps and they've never knocked the curl out of my hair.

But I also don't think her hair is that curly because when it's wet, a lot of the curl falls out. I can boar brush until the cows come home and it's not going to lay flat.

lapushka
August 2nd, 2013, 03:16 AM
I've tried both banding and wraps and they've never knocked the curl out of my hair.

But I also don't think her hair is that curly because when it's wet, a lot of the curl falls out. I can boar brush until the cows come home and it's not going to lay flat.

Maybe it's the length and the weight of it that's helping her pull out curl so easily as well! Because from the looks of it dry (in other videos), it is quite curly.

Springlets
August 2nd, 2013, 03:43 AM
I used to use banding but I'm not a fan of the texture it leaves behind. Now drying my hair in a messy cinnabun provides my favorite texture: smooth on top with a few 2b curls at the bottom. :)

Paranda Belle
August 2nd, 2013, 04:52 AM
Wrapping is a good technique for . But as long as I don't braid my hair, most of my waves fall out anyway due to the length. Wrapping helps to get rid of the last few kinks.

Firefox7275
August 2nd, 2013, 05:03 AM

You have to start far wetter with curlier hair, then with long or dense hair the challenge is getting it to dry right through.

lulana
August 2nd, 2013, 05:54 AM
have the problem that when i wrap my hair around my head like in the video they outer layers dry but the ones close to my head will stay wet even if i let it sit over a whole day :rolleyes: that's also a reason why i can't
air dry my hair in an updo or barely in a braid :mad:

CurlyCap
August 2nd, 2013, 06:29 AM
You have to start far wetter with curlier hair, then with long or dense hair the challenge is getting it to dry right through.

I've always treated it as the equivalent of a wet set. The best this makes my hair is a 3a, which really isn't worth all the effort.

CurlyCap
August 2nd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Maybe it's the length and the weight of it that's helping her pull out curl so easily as well! Because from the looks of it dry (in other videos), it is quite curly.

Perhaps. I'm not past classic, but I am past waist. If your hair needs to be past hip for this to work, that's a bit of a limited technique for the majority of curly heads out there.

lapushka
August 2nd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Perhaps. I'm not past classic, but I am past waist. If your hair needs to be past hip for this to work, that's a bit of a limited technique for the majority of curly heads out there.

True, though she can hardly cut her hair for a demonstration. ;)

Eryniel
August 2nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
My hair texture is 2c,F,ii and I've found a great way of straightening my hair without heat! :)
I comb through the curls with a wide teeth comb, spray some water on my hair and use 6 jumbo rollers on it which I leave in for about 2 hours.
My hair turns completely straight but with some volume by using the rollers. My hair is currently 27,5'.

I use these jumbo rollers from Amazon, but I'm sure you can find similar ones elsewhere.
However, I cut the green material off the rollers because my very fine hair got stuck in it.
My rollers are all-plastic now and works just fine.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hair-Tools-Velcro-Cling-Rollers/dp/B00315940I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375453114&sr=8-2&keywords=jumbo+rollers

gingerclip
August 2nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
My hair texture is 2c,F,ii and I've found a great way of straightening my hair without heat! :)
I comb through the curls with a wide teeth comb, spray some water on my hair and use 6 jumbo rollers on it which I leave in for about 2 hours.
My hair turns completely straight but with some volume by using the rollers. My hair is currently 27,5'.

I can remember my mom telling me stories about using coke cans as jumbo rollers to straighten her hair. I can't imagine sleeping like that. But she has wavy hair not truly curly hair.

Vampyria
August 2nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
I had curly hair as a teenager (3b-hormones and such) and all I got with similar methods were tons of frizz at the lower part and kind of weighted-down, waxy hair near the scalp. Banding helped it to remain straighter after I straightened it with straightening serum and blow-drying with round brush, but just a little humidity in the air ruined the results.

She has really nicely defined curls though, mine fell apart when wet.

jacqueline101
August 2nd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Her hair looks great.

Leeloo
August 2nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks for posting the link. Iíll have to try it out.