PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a video : detangling child's tight curls LHC's way

Maktub
July 31st, 2013, 09:22 AM
I'm looking for a video that would show how to gently detangle matted children hair (type 3-4) ; ex. with lots of conditionner, gently working from the bottom up, wide tooth comb rather than a brush, holding the hair so that it doesn't pull and hurt, etc.

I watched a few yesterday on youtube, but they all did something like use a brush, pull on knots, work on dry hair without conditionner, or it was on themselves for a long hair detangling session, which wouldn't work with an impatient 3 year old ! etc.

It's for someone I know who has a daughter with tight curls (like mine), but the mom is more of a 2a and dad has short hair, so they have no clue how to take care of it.
I did try to show her and explain a few times, and she does her very best, but I think a video for refencence would still be very helpful. I know she cares that her daughter learns to love her hair, not hurt or break while combing, etc.

suggestions ?

Anyone here would like to make one ?

chen bao jun
July 31st, 2013, 10:05 AM
Look up Terri La Flesh tightly curly method--she has info on dealing with children's hair. I think its tightlycurly.com

LongCurlyTress
July 31st, 2013, 10:21 AM
I was just going to suggest Terri La Flesh's website and her book, Curly Like Me. Both excellent resources for caring for curly hair. Great minds think alike! &;)

Look up Terri La Flesh tightly curly method--she has info on dealing with children's hair. I think its tightlycurly.com

LongCurlyTress
July 31st, 2013, 10:24 AM
I was just going to suggest Terri La Flesh's website and her book, Curly Like Me. Both excellent resources for caring for curly hair. Great minds think alike! &;)

She also has some wonderful YouTube videos on her YouTube page, "telzeek", but you can just do a You Tube search for "Teri La Flesh" and her videos will show up. Extremely helpful information!!