PDA

View Full Version : Please type me, LHC (Large images)

Robot Ninja
July 28th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I think I'm somewhere around 1c, but this typing thing is hard.

Here is a picture of the back of my head. It's not a good picture, as the lighting in my bathroom is terrible, but it's the best picture of the back of my head I could get.

http://i.imgur.com/PCaP4TW.jpg

Here is a picture in much better light, with my hair flipped around to the front:

http://i.imgur.com/zUkVH2t.jpg

And here's one of the ends:

http://i.imgur.com/kIX4HAA.jpg

These were taken after clarifying, towel-blotting, and air drying, with no combing and minimal handling (but five hours of gravity doing it's thing.)

So what type am I? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SerinaDaith
July 28th, 2013, 05:15 PM
1c/2a would be my guess.

ExpectoPatronum
July 29th, 2013, 12:06 AM
I second 1c/2a! Your hair looks nice for not having combed it.

jeanniet
July 29th, 2013, 01:03 AM
I'd say 2a, but if that's henna in your hair it can take out curl, so in that case your normal hair could be somewhat wavier.

red-again
July 29th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Looking like 2a to me. Looks great too

alyanna
July 29th, 2013, 03:14 AM
I'd say 2a. There are some definite waves in there.
Very pretty hair :)

Mesmerise
July 29th, 2013, 05:09 AM
I also think 2a, it's a bit too wavy I think to be 1c.

minxe
July 29th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Probably 2a

Robot Ninja
July 29th, 2013, 06:53 AM
It's not henna, it's chemical dye. Which did pull out my wave over time; I was a 1b/maaaaaybe1c until I started doing protein treatments. And as for looking good uncombed, flash photography, that's all I can say.

For comparison purposes, here is what it looks like after a mild protein treatment, deep conditioning, oiling, combing, sleeping, and combing again:

http://i.imgur.com/NJr65yH.jpg

spidermom
July 29th, 2013, 08:21 AM
2A I think, and very pretty and shiny.

Tori Angeli
July 29th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I want to vote 2a, since the ripples go all the way up.

vamq
July 29th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I'd say 1c/2a :)

Your hair looks a lot like mine if I leave it alone.

Leeloo
July 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I think you’re a 2a. I love how shiny your hair is!

Charybdis
July 29th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Looks like 2a to me too. Pretty color!

jacqueline101
July 29th, 2013, 03:50 PM
It's pretty color and I'd guess it's 2a wave.

Robot Ninja
July 30th, 2013, 07:43 AM
The responses seem to lean toward 2a so I'll just go with that.

Is it usual for conditioning to pull out waves? I use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, if that makes a difference. (I don't THINK it has cones--none of the ingredients end in -cone anyway--but I'm not a hair chemist.)

Firefox7275
July 30th, 2013, 07:50 AM
The responses seem to lean toward 2a so I'll just go with that.

Is it usual for conditioning to pull out waves? I use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, if that makes a difference. (I don't THINK it has cones--none of the ingredients end in -cone anyway--but I'm not a hair chemist.)

Some conditioners pull out wave whilst others can boost it, depends on the ingredients, your hair properties and dew point/ humidity. A conditioner rich in hydrolysed protein gives me lovely ringlets and better wave formation, and I load it on. Silicones are suffixed -cone, -conol and -xane. AFAIK the current US formula Triple Nutrition does have cones, if it's the same as the UK version then it also has cetyl esters - they built up and weighed down my waves/ curls.

Robot Ninja
July 30th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I'm Canadian. Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, cetearyl alcohol, elaeis guineensis oil, behentrimonium chloride, pyrus malus extract, glycerin, isopropyl alcohol, stearamidopopyl dimethylamine, niacinamide, pyridoxine HCI, butyrospermum parkii butter, citric acid, olea europaea oil, saccharum officinarum extract, benzyl alcohol, chlohexidine dihydrochloride, persea gratissima oil, ribes nigrum oil, linalool, citrus medica limonium peel extract, CI 19140, camellia sinensis extract, CI 15985, parfum, F.I.L. K35637/7.

I suspect it's fairly similar to the US formula, only Canadian labeling regulations are different (parfum is way further down the list, for instance; are some of those other ingredients also fragrances?) It does build up and get a bit sticky unless I use a bit of shampoo every month or so.