PDA

View Full Version : hair stalls

jojo
August 31st, 2008, 10:15 PM
I am so fed up my hair has not grown one teeny bit this month. I am going to wear it up and ignore it but what are you guys experiences of stalls? How long can they last on average? does this mean I amy get double next month?

Sorry for all the questions but I am fed up big time:(

fireflycatching
August 31st, 2008, 10:27 PM
I'll be checking this thread too, my hair hasn't grown in 2 months ;(

jojo
August 31st, 2008, 10:40 PM
Its really disheartening isn't it? Hopefully somebody will give us some hope.

Blueneko
August 31st, 2008, 11:24 PM
I am stalling as well. And into my summer shed.

Pleh.

dorothea-brooke
August 31st, 2008, 11:57 PM
I think I'm stalled, too. Sigh. I'm afraid to measure, but my hair is just there, one inch below my bra strap, where it's been for at least a month, maybe more....

I'll be waiting for the collective wisdom on this thread, too! :drama:

Jojo -- what is that hairtoy in your siggy? It's beautiful!

jojo
September 1st, 2008, 12:11 AM
Blueneko me too shedding like a dog! wonder if theres a connection?

dorothea-brooke Its Sarannes from Saturdays meet its beautiful isnt it?

seems a few of us are at stall station, wonder when the growth train is due?

mira-chan
September 1st, 2008, 06:33 AM
I've just started shedding too but I've been semi stalled all year. My hair growth skips a month or two and then grows half inch.

spidermom
September 1st, 2008, 08:44 AM
JoJo, I love the new sig pic! I know it's hard, but try not to worry about stalls. My hair does this on a regular basis, especially in the winter. I can go 2-3 months with nothing. As a matter of fact, sometimes it seems to shrink up. I think the real key is to enjoy your hair as it is right now. Don't go cutting it off in a fit of spite. Every time I gain significant length, all of a sudden most of my favorite up-dos don't work anymore and I have to re-learn them. At least you don't have to go through that right now. Look at your ends, make sure they aren't frazzled-looking. If not, keep on keeping on. If they are, get a teeny trim because they may be breaking off.

xrosiex
September 1st, 2008, 02:39 PM
Jojo dont be to down. This is the first month I seen you with no growth. I had to quit measuring for awhile. It's hard to think my hair is not growing. So I decided not to measure for a few months. Maybe next time I'll be happy:rolleyes:

Islandgrrl
September 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM
I had a stall over the fall/winter. But I think I'm making up for it now. Try not to obsess over it. Your hair will grow!

And, by the way, I like your new sig pic. It's pretty!

Anje
September 1st, 2008, 03:59 PM
I've had some long stalls (4-5 months) in the past, and still made roughly 6-7 inches of growth over the course of that year. Normally, my hair doesn't grow that quickly, so I think hair often does like to make up the difference after stalls.

Gladtobemom
September 1st, 2008, 05:07 PM
When my hair stalls, I sort of take an inventory:

Have I been sleeping enough?
Have I taken my vitamins most days?
Enough Calcium?
Cruciferous vegetables? (Broccoli, Cabbage, greens)
Have I been gettting in the food groups lately?

I usually find that if I'm in a hair growth stall that I haven't been getting enough sleep and my diet's out of whack and I probably haven't taken vitamins 5 times in the month.

HTH

jojo
September 1st, 2008, 06:06 PM
[quote=Gladtobemom;252428]When my hair stalls, I sort of take an inventory:

Have I been sleeping enough? probably not

Have I taken my vitamins most days? yes everyday

Enough Calcium? probably not

Cruciferous vegetables? (Broccoli, Cabbage, greens) I eat loads of veg, maybe not enough cabbage but defiantly broccoli!

Have I been gettting in the food groups lately? well I have cut down on carbs, except veggi ones, proteins been eating a lot of fish and chicken

Thanks I think this answered my questions!

Thanks everybody, I think I am being mardy over nothing, my ends are healthy and although I do have a few baby splits I am going to leave them for now, hate, hate, hate s&ding!

And to be fair its my first ever time since joining which I havent grown, so I am going to just up and outta sight!

Thanks toall your replies, hair is frustrating sometimes but it grows eventually!

Tangles
September 1st, 2008, 06:24 PM
Jojo, the rhubarb rinse looks STUNNING. I like your natural haircolor but this is just a little enhancement. It's really nice.

jojo
September 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
thanks Tangles I love it too x

DiyaC
September 6th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Mine's stalled too. :( I hope it starts growing again soon.

Mitzy
September 6th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Totally off topic, but when I first saw this thread I though it said --
Hall Stairs.
No idea why. Hmmmm.
Decorating on my mind or something.

Gemma
September 6th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I had about 2-3 months of absolutely no discernible growth, and then an explosion of growth within about the same time frame.

I'm pretty sure the former was stress related, and it wasn't until my life settled down a bit more that I started growing again. The worst thing I did was keep checking the length and obsessing over it. When I just said, "to hell with it!", and worked on ignoring it and just putting it out of the way, time passed a lot more quickly, and the new growth was a welcome surprise.