PDA

View Full Version : How I kicked Psoriasis butt!

FancyCatRachel
July 26th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I had the struggle of psoriasis, my hair fell out, blood and puss would ooze from my raw itchy scalp. I carelessly thought I needed a stronger shampoo and steroids, it would solve the problem for one day and after make it worse until I became natural. Then I went to CO I weened myself off it by using baby shampoo mixed with honey then I was just so lazy and tired after working at a horse farm I co washed. I use the cheapest conditioner with the least amount of chemicals and the first ingredient has to be water for my scalp and I oil and use tea rinses. Now my hair is growing at rapid length and people stop and compliment my hair :cheese:. It also helps by attracting the boys :hifive: :wink:. So anyone with psoriasis don't think that you will have to use steroids forever there are other healthier options!

jacqueline101
July 26th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I'm glad you're on the road to recovery.

leslissocool
July 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Hot oil treatments do way more for me than anything else too. I still use a mint shampoo (selsun blue at times, but other mint shampoo and mint extract mixed with shampoo)but a oil pre-wash is a must.

I wash my hair once a week, and only do scalp washes (rest is strictly CO washes) and so far I haven't used ANY steroids. Oil actually works on eczema too, my daughter was prescribed cortisone creams that's how strong her eczema was until I moved to cooler weather and started to use oil and aloe vera on her skin. She used the cortisone cream 2 times, her skin is completely cleared. I am a bit scared of steroids TBH, it should be the very last resort. I try to stick to natural stuff for skin and hair.

I'm glad it worked too! I changed from hemp oil to castor oil on my scalp and my hair loves it.

Rose Angel
July 27th, 2013, 02:08 AM
I have sebhorreic dermatitis and I hope I can say the same for my condition some day! Kudos to you!!

McFearless
July 27th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Congrats~~ I'm happy for you. Every time I think I've gotten my scalp psoriasis to settle down and stay clear with maintenance treatments, it comes back full force. No treatment/medication works long term. It is very depressing.

spirals
July 27th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Oil does help eczema, lesli. I've recently developed it , though not on my head, and coconut oil has worked a miracle. I still have discoloration, though.

leslissocool
July 27th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Oil does help eczema, lesli. I've recently developed it , though not on my head, and coconut oil has worked a miracle. I still have discoloration, though.

I was agreeing, her eczema was severe, so she used the steroid cream until I just started to use coconut oil and aloe, that with the cold weather now completely cleared her skin. Sorry if I didn't expressed myself clearly, I was trying to say its good for eczema too not just psoriasis.

spirals
July 27th, 2013, 09:23 PM
I was agreeing with and supporting your post with an example, silly. :flower:

spirals
July 27th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I guess it would've made more sense if I had quoted you. I'm sorry; I am soooo far beyond exhuasted. I should be asleep.

Leeloo
July 27th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Congratulations! I know it's trial and error alot of times to find something that works for you.