PDA

View Full Version : Checking my conditioners...

Violet.
July 26th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I got this conditioner I was planning to cowash with, but I thought I could check with you guys is it ok.
So here are the ingridients:
Awua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Parfum, Methylparaben.

And I thought I could use Garnier Ultra doux heritage de Provence conditioner with apricot for the lenght of my hair when I'm done with the cowash,since my hair is very dry.

What do you think?:)

Violet.
July 26th, 2013, 06:05 PM
bumpy bumpy :/

SerinaDaith
July 26th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Try it and see?

biogirl87
July 26th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Violet, with cetyl alcohol and cetrimonium chloride being cleansing agents, citric acid that protects the acid mantle of your scalp, it doesn't look like there's many (or maybe even any) ingredients in the conditioner that would give moisture to your hair. Granted, sometimes moisture alone doesn't solve everything as it also depends on your hair properties (porosity, elasticity, etc.). You could try VO5 or Suave Naturals conditioners. If your hair is protein-sensitive, be careful with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut conditioner as it's the only Suave Naturals conditioner that contains protein. Some VO5 conditioners have protein in them as well, but you really need to look at the ingredients on the actual bottle (as the ingredients on the bottle will sometimes differ with ingredients found on the internet) to see if they contain protein or not.

luxepiggy
July 26th, 2013, 08:47 PM
That looks like it would be great for cleansing! I don't know what the other conditioner is that you mentioned, but if it is moisturizing enough I think that would make for an excellent combination.

Let us know how it goes (^(oo)^)v

biogirl87
July 26th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Violet, Piggy certainly knows more conditioners and the different types of ingredients in them, so if she says that this conditioner looks like it might be great for cleansing you can go ahead and use it. I agree with Piggy, let us know how it works for you.

DarkCurls
July 27th, 2013, 01:02 AM
I agree that it may not be extremely conditioning, but neither is it drying. There are no problem ingredients. I co-wash with a cheap, light conditioner that has few ingredients (pretty much the same as this one but with more preservatives), and alternate it or follow it up with a heavier conditioner (a Garnier UD, actually) if I feel my hair needs it. So yeah, I definitely agree that you should try and see if it works.

Firefox7275
July 27th, 2013, 06:50 AM
I got this conditioner I was planning to cowash with, but I thought I could check with you guys is it ok.
So here are the ingridients:
Awua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Parfum, Methylparaben.

And I thought I could use Garnier Ultra doux heritage de Provence conditioner with apricot for the lenght of my hair when I'm done with the cowash,since my hair is very dry.

What do you think?:)

Looks perfect for an effective super gentle cleanser which is all a co-wash is supposed to do it's not meant to 'moisture', you are supposed to rinse clean without leaving a ton of residue or any 'dirt' behind. If the fatty alcohols do deposit they will condition (reduce friction, act as weak humectants). I see a lot of people trying to have their cleansing product perform too many tasks and end up with poor cleansing and/ or build up - it is the conditioner steps (wash off, leave in, intensive) that 'moisturise' or condition the hair.

If your hair is porous you may not need more 'moisture' (= water) anyway, you may actually need ingredients that help reduce porosity and increase elasticity such as coconut oil. Too much water entering and leaving the hair stresses and damages it (hygral fatigue).

jacqueline101
July 27th, 2013, 08:03 AM
I agree try it see if it works.

Violet.
September 11th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Well just in case anyone wants to try a similar conditioner - it works great! :)