PDA

View Full Version : I Got Dreadlocks! (Kinda)

PixieKitten
July 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I bought some fake dreads from here (http://www.cyberloxshop.co.uk/product.php?productid=18687&cat=269&page=1)! They're synthetic hair twisty dread things that you braid into your hair, so they're not permanant and there are ways to put them in with cotton thread so you don't damage your hair at all... But they came in the mail today and I was too excited to fiddle with thread so I used my tiny elastics instead. My ends need choppng off anyway so I'm not too bothered if they get a bit damaged!

They're a lot smaller than I expected, so the one pack isn't enough to do quite what I wanted, so I improvised. I braided them into the bottom half of my hair, then braided the rest of my hair so it wouldnt mushroom out in comparison and look silly. There's 5 dutch/lace braids on the top, that join into a 5 strand at the back. There's also 2 or 3 rope braids behind my ears.

The dreads have added more than 6 inches to my length and I'm so super happy about that! Ever since this heatwave in England started my hair's had a major 'poof out' from the humidity and I cant do much with it, which has been so frustrating! I'm not sure how long I'll keep these in, probably just until the braids get way too fuzzy and it needs redoing!

The Back:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q77/s720x720/45803_10151792450958659_1065121864_n.jpg

The Front!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/543695_10151792451038659_1881254926_n.jpg

faellen
July 26th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Aaahhh I remember Elysee stars from back in my goth days! :lol: they look great in your hair, enjoy!

ExpectoPatronum
July 26th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Those look so cool!

Lolaaa
July 26th, 2013, 01:24 PM
It looks really nice! :)

Of the Fae
July 26th, 2013, 01:28 PM
I like them :) And they frame your face in a lovely way

sisi33
July 26th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I quite like those on you!

gthlvrmx
July 26th, 2013, 02:00 PM
thats awesome! :D :) they look like twists or rope braids :P
i just hope therye not too heavy for your head it pulls on your scalp a little :P
i got braids done and it brought down my hair i lost a lot of hair.
hope you take breaks with them and take them out or find good styles to wear your hair so that you wont have a lot of damage. :P
i totally wanted dread falls I LOVE DREADS but i didnt do it its too heavy :P itll make my hair fall out i wanted butt length ones and on this thin hair? no way. itd make my hair fall off :P

PixieKitten
July 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Thank you all ^_^ They're pretty light, there's a couple of spots where a few strands are pulling but I can sot those out no problem. I'll probably only keep these in for the weekend before taking them out for a little while.. My original inspiration for getting them was an even that's coming up in august near me where everyone's dressing up as pirates and there'll be a Jack Sparrow impersonator, and my pirate costume needed a little more oomph! I can't wait for that now I know I'll be looking kick-a$$! :D

jacqueline101
July 26th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Those are neat.