PDA

View Full Version : how can I avoid occasional greasies with CWC

sarahthegemini
July 25th, 2013, 03:43 PM
My lengths rarely get greasy unless I've been sweating so CWC is perfect for me however occasionally, after washing, I am sometimes left with a greasy patch, on my left side, the underneath layers. It's always the same spot. I originally thought it was perhaps from using too much oil as a leave in BUT I use barely any and if that was the case, surely my whole head of hair would be greasy. I'm assuming it must be my wash routine :-/ I always think I rinse really well :o Anyone have any input?

Thanks LHC-ers!

amanda_the_tall
July 25th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I sometimes have problems with rinsing the sides too, because if I get water in my ears, it's really painful because my Eustachian tubes aren't fully formed. Anyways, have you tried washing upside down instead? I find that helps me rinse more effectively sometimes. Or maybe try putting conditioner further down your length, since usually scalp oils can take care of most of the hair nearest your head.

sarahthegemini
July 25th, 2013, 04:40 PM
I sometimes have problems with rinsing the sides too, because if I get water in my ears, it's really painful because my Eustachian tubes aren't fully formed. Anyways, have you tried washing upside down instead? I find that helps me rinse more effectively sometimes. Or maybe try putting conditioner further down your length, since usually scalp oils can take care of most of the hair nearest your head.

At the moment I'm having to wash with my hair upside down anyway (shower is broken so I'm washing over the sink!) And it doesn't seem to have made a difference. However, I do struggle to rinse the sides either way, I always think I've rinsed enough but now I have thought about it, I don't spend as much time rinsing the sides as the rest :o Do you think that's what the problem is? Could it be something else? (I'm hoping it's as simple as that!)

ExpectoPatronum
July 25th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I CWC too. Maybe you could try squeegeeing the shampoo down your length to rinse out some of the greasies. You don't have to shampoo it like you do your scalp and roots, but just make sure the suds down down the length.

jessokitty
July 25th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I CWC but not every wash, more like every other wash which seems to help me with greasiness and buildup. On the off days I just shampoo and condition. But for every wash I do what ExectroPatronum suggested and put shampoo only on the scalp but ensure that the suds run down the ends. And in regards to greasiness being concentrated in one spot, could it be possible that you pull your hair over one shoulder while the conditioner is on the length? That might cause the side that is over your shoulder to be more greasy due to less water getting at it. You could try putting a shower cap on during the final conditioner application instead. Hope that helps a little. Good luck :)

sarahthegemini
July 26th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Bumping this as it happened again today and I made sure I really rinsed. It doesn't happen everytime which is why I'm a bit baffled!

I CWC but not every wash, more like every other wash which seems to help me with greasiness and buildup. On the off days I just shampoo and condition. But for every wash I do what ExectroPatronum suggested and put shampoo only on the scalp but ensure that the suds run down the ends. And in regards to greasiness being concentrated in one spot, could it be possible that you pull your hair over one shoulder while the conditioner is on the length? That might cause the side that is over your shoulder to be more greasy due to less water getting at it. You could try putting a shower cap on during the final conditioner application instead. Hope that helps a little. Good luck :)

I'd never considered this - I do pull my hair over my right shoulder but it's the left side that gets greasy :-$

jessokitty
July 26th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure what the issue could be then. :S Maybe you could try making sure you rinse that area really well. Sorry I can't be much more of a help, I hope you figure it out soon :blossom:

sarahthegemini
July 26th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure what the issue could be then. :S Maybe you could try making sure you rinse that area really well. Sorry I can't be much more of a help, I hope you figure it out soon :blossom:

I've had a thought. Perhaps I should leave the first co on for a bit longer (longer than a few minutes, upto 10 maybe?) to thoroughly cleanse the area, and then rinsing really well. Maybe leaving it on for a little longer will lift any oily-ness and rinse away more easily. (Even though my length doesn't get greasy usually, perhaps the heat + sweating is causing a little grease that the co isn't washing away)