PDA

View Full Version : Green tea rinse?

samanthajenalyn
July 25th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Ive heard that people rinse their hair with tea, and i was wondering what benefits are there from rinsing with green tea? Im trying to grow my hair long, and be as healthy as possible, so would this help me?
Also, i have some Uncle Lee's Organic Green Tea bags, could i use these? and how would i do it?
Thank you all so very much, i am new to all of this and im pretty clueless.

Leeloo
July 25th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I think you can make tea out of them and use it to rinse your hair after washing.

Anne10
July 25th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Does it affect your hair color?

Tori Angeli
July 25th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I do this every so often and it helps my scalp feel calmer and less itchy. It has not affected my hair color at all. I have heard that the caffeine in the green tea also absorbs into the scalp and increases hair growth, but I don't think I do it often enough for it to make any noticeable change there (I have a fairly fast growth rate as it is, and always have).

You could always just try it. I put one or two tea bags in a cup of boiling water and let steep (3-5 minutes minimum, can go much longer since I'm not drinking it). Then I put it in my handy plastic pint measuring cup and fill it up the rest of the way with water (and a little ice, if it's still too hot). Generally when I use this rinse I will pour it on before slathering on my conditioner for co-washing, but if you shampoo, I'd pour it on after shampooing and leave it on with your conditioner for at least two minutes before rinsing.

samanthajenalyn
July 25th, 2013, 03:37 PM
i co-wash also. so i would just pour it on my hair, and then put my conditioner on, let it sit for awhile and then rinse it off?

Tori Angeli
July 25th, 2013, 03:50 PM
That's what I do.

samanthajenalyn
July 25th, 2013, 03:57 PM
okay thank you very much! i will definitely try this. i'm desperate to make it grow longer lol.

samanthajenalyn
July 25th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Does anyone else do this, and how often? Also, what are all the benefits that you've noticed?

DinaAG
July 25th, 2013, 06:17 PM
well, for the caffeine i add coffee in my rinse it was: dried rosemary powder, coffee, mint and boiled 3/4 cup of it and added it to 1/4 cup of vinegar, added rosemary and tea tree essential oils just few drops and used that after the final rinse and didnt rinse it, it felt great!

The-Young-Maid
July 25th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I think I might try this. I've tried catnip, rosemary and thyme rinses before with good results. They gave my hair some shine. I've been drinking green tea everyday recently and I started to use the old teabags for baths. It made my skin a lot ... smoother? Silkier, softer whatever you want to call it. :p Has anyone used green tea on their face? I'm seriously considering it.:eyebrows:

ExpectoPatronum
July 26th, 2013, 12:53 AM
I think I might try this. I've tried catnip, rosemary and thyme rinses before with good results. They gave my hair some shine. I've been drinking green tea everyday recently and I started to use the old teabags for baths. It made my skin a lot ... smoother? Silkier, softer whatever you want to call it. :p Has anyone used green tea on their face? I'm seriously considering it.:eyebrows:

I used green tea as a toner for a while. I really liked it! It was nice and refreshing on my face.

I haven't tried it for my hair yet...I've tried black tea and that was alright. My hair likes ACV rinses more than it likes tea rinses.

ExpectoPatronum
July 26th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Double post -____-