PDA

View Full Version : What is your MUST HAVE hair care product

Cassidy
July 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Mine is a tie between One 'n Only Argan Oil restorative mask & Biolage Cera-Repair moisturizing treatment.
What's your current favorite(s)? :D

ExpectoPatronum
July 25th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Some kind of oil, whether it be coconut, olive, or my Shea Moisture Reconstructive Elixir (basically a bunch of different oils :P).

Isilme
July 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Shampoo and conditioner, will I get my membership revoked now? I can't WO or CO, my hair looks a mess and my scalp itches like mad. I prefer to use a bit almond oil on my nape hairs now and then but it isn't nearly as necessary as a good wash.

TheMechaGinger
July 25th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Aussie 3MM. Even if I didn't have coconut oil my hair could still be in good shape with that conditioner. I never run out!

Emanuelle
July 25th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Well, my number one must have will always be my Hairflair deluxe softhood bonnet hair dryer attachment. :) It's a hair friendly way of drying your hair. I use it with the lowest heat setting on my blowdryer. My drying time has decreased from 7+ hours to just one hour. And NOTHING gives me greater looking hair than this.

Other must haves:
- EO Keratin conditioner, the perfect conditioner for my hair :) best protein / emollient balance I could wish for.
- Kiss My Face Natural Grapefruit styling gel. Very hair friendly and great smelling gel. Perfect light hold and makes my curls frizz free and clumpy.
- Jamaican Black Castor oil. To stimulate my hair growth (works great for me and doesn't give me shedding at all...). Since using this, my growth rate has increased from about 1 cm a month to at least 2.5 cm (an inch) a month.
- Nature's Gate Chamomile Replenishing Sulfate-free shampoo. I mostly co-wash, but I regularly use this (at least twice a month). This does exactly what it should do. Cleans light build up without stripping it, and conditions.
- Grapeseed oil for sealing, to prevent split ends.

Chromis
July 25th, 2013, 02:18 PM
A comb! Fingercombing doesn't do much for me. Although if it was just general hair stuff, I'd have been tempted to say a large Ficcare Maximas!

DarkCurls
July 25th, 2013, 02:21 PM
I think my only must-have is coconut oil... I love the smell, and I use it as a pre-wash/DT all the time. I've settled into a routine that works for my hair, but none of the conditioners I use (and conditioner is pretty much the only thing on my hair care product list aside from oil) are staples; they can easily be replaced by another conditioner. Coconut oil, on the other hand, works better than other oils I've tried.

I'm experimenting with AVG at the moment, because it helped me revive my curls last week when I was in a humid environment on vacation and I want to see if it could become a new HG.

luxepiggy
July 25th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Aquage Beyond Shine - I cannot live without that stuff (^(oo)^)v

NoRush
July 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Flaxseed oil and argan oil, for me everything else I can experiment with but oils are a must.

jessokitty
July 25th, 2013, 02:34 PM
A good moisturizing deep treatment - right now it's L'oreal EverCreme Deep Nourishing Masque. Makes my hair so soft and smells absolutely amazing

jacqueline101
July 25th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Monistat and vo5 leave in condition cream.

BrightEyes
July 25th, 2013, 02:42 PM
My seamless hair comb and Nightblooming Summer Panacea. It makes my ends so soft and silky and I've noticed fewer (actually no) splits since using it. Nothing comes even close to what it does for my hair.

sarahthegemini
July 25th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Probably extra virgin olive oil :)

Leeloo
July 25th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Thank you BrightEyes for sharing about Panacea balm. I get a lot of split ends and I’ll have to check it out.

Anne10
July 25th, 2013, 03:03 PM
The filter on my shower head.

gingerclip
July 25th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Currently coconut oil is my favorite, but I'm still experimenting.

kidari
July 25th, 2013, 03:17 PM
There are so many things that are essential but ever since discovering the Agadir Argan oil spray treatment, I can't live without it. I am halfway finished with my first bottle and I know that when I am 3/4 finished with it I already plan on purchasing a back up because I cannot be without it. I have never used anything like this and I have tried a ton of stuff. I love the smell, the way it transforms my hair without ever weighing it down. It has no alcohols in it but yet it speeds drying time immeasurably PLUS it gives me sun protection.

curlytwirlykate
July 25th, 2013, 03:23 PM
I think my only must-have is coconut oil... I love the smell, and I use it as a pre-wash/DT all the time. I've settled into a routine that works for my hair, but none of the conditioners I use (and conditioner is pretty much the only thing on my hair care product list aside from oil) are staples; they can easily be replaced by another conditioner. Coconut oil, on the other hand, works better than other oils I've tried.

Me, too! I can't live without my coconut oil!

Warda
July 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Just one!!

I supose coconut oil. I use it so much. I put it after i wash my hair ob wet hair as a leave in. I use it as a deep treatment. An I also put a little but in the morning everyday before I put my hair up, makes it so shiny and easier to manage!

BrightEyes
July 25th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Thank you BrightEyes for sharing about Panacea balm. I get a lot of split ends and I’ll have to check it out.

You're very welcome :) Here is a link to Nightblooming's shop (aka Nightshade here on LHC):

http://www.etsy.com/listing/124228034/panaceas-hair-salve-summer-blend-leave?ref=shop_home_active

The Panacea comes in three versions you can try. I've found that the sample size lasts me months, I only need such a tiny amount each time.

Natalina
July 25th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Any conditioner (no specific brand), a good cleansing shampoo (for when clarifying is needed, also no specific brand), baby oil (Johnson's, daily application) as well as virgin coconut oil (for deep conditioning).

If I don't condition my hair at least twice a week, or apply baby oil at least every other day, it'd would be an absolute tangled mess! Shampoo keeps the dandruffs and build-up away, of course. I could live with just finger-combing as long as I've these products by my side. :) (but I do have actual combs though, I just love the feeling of combing it with my wooden comb)

Hootenanny
July 25th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Giovanni Direct Leave-in and coconut oil! Some friends of mine just noticed a half-empty jar of coconut oil in my kitchen and were asking how healthy it was. I told them that all of it had gone into my hair. :D

Vivalagina
July 25th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Tangle teezer, my precioussss....

jeanniet
July 25th, 2013, 04:51 PM
One product? Camellia oil!

Kayla Nyx
July 25th, 2013, 05:12 PM
I also cannot live without shampoo and conditioner.. ): I tried CO and my hair started shedding way to bad so I quit. WO leaves my hair a greasy, itchy mess, and i need sulfates and silicone. I love my TRESemme shampoo and conditioner <3

glittergloss
July 25th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Grapeseed oil, coconut oil, Redken shampoo and conditioner

caiti42
July 25th, 2013, 06:11 PM
If its a product my wide tooth comb. :)

If that doesn't count Matrix Biolage Hydratherapy Conditioning Balm.

Medievalmaniac
July 25th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Nightblooming's panacea (I prefer the "original recipe") :P My hair just LOVES it!

The-Young-Maid
July 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Detangler. I MUST have detangler. I've been using the VO5 one for a few years now and it works great. I need EVOO too, nothing else seals my hair as well after a wash. I made the mistake of not taking detangler with me when traveling this summer... not so great when you need some and can't figure out how to ask for it in german... *curse my limited vocabulary*.:justy:

Etna
July 25th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Redken Diamond oil (intense). It costs a lot but it does everything I would like an oil to do and no greasiness. Also Joico chelating clarifying shampoo can be a lifesaver when my hard water gives me tangles.

Those are my splurges. Regular wash stuff is tresseme conditioner.

PetuniaBlossom
July 26th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Coconut oil is my hair's new best friend.

flemeister
July 26th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Coconut oil for sure. :smooch:

PraiseCheeses
July 26th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Sulfate-free shampoo, moisturizing cone-free or low-cone conditioner, coconut oil, seamless wide-tooth comb, waterproof hairstick.

lapushka
July 26th, 2013, 03:49 PM
My styling products (gel, serum, leave-in), definitely!

Neecola
July 26th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I think the one thing I couldn't replace with something similar is henna. Great idea for a thread--fun to read everyone's responses :)

shutterpillar
July 26th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Oh geez... I don't think I can pick just one!

But, now that I have recently been introduced to the world of henna, I would have to choose that as my must have hair product. It has done so many wonderful things for my hair, even in just one application. My hair is so much shinier, stronger, and thicker.

Extremely close runners up would be apple cider vinegar and coconut oil.

(I need to try some of Nightblooming's hair salve that everyone keeps talking about!)

oatmealpie
July 26th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Suave Naturals conditioner in Juicy Green Apple. It smells yummy, and my hair loves it. I've tried many Suave and V05 conditioners, and this one is my fave. The only place I've found that carries it in Phoenix is Safeway, so I stocked up in case they decide to stop carrying it.

r00ski
July 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Kerastase Force Architecte serum, perfect hair serum in every way. NEVER weighs my hair down, and has slowed down (and nearly halted) all my breakage since I started to use it..

r00ski
July 26th, 2013, 08:03 PM
I also forgot to mention I have extremely fine hair and not a lot of it.. always seemed to break faster than it grew before I made the switch to the Kerastase force (green) strengthening line.. but although I'm sure I could live without the shampoo/masque.. the serum itself is my daily favorite.. "HG" if you will.

amanda_the_tall
July 26th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Suave Naturals conditioner in Juicy Green Apple. It smells yummy, and my hair loves it. I've tried many Suave and V05 conditioners, and this one is my fave. The only place I've found that carries it in Phoenix is Safeway, so I stocked up in case they decide to stop carrying it.
This one is my favorite too! It makes me sad they don't carry it in family size anymore. At least not where I've seen recently. I also like the Lavender and Lilac, which unfortunately also only comes in the small bottles.

My must haves are my comb, virgin unrefined coconut oil, and Suave Naturals conditioner. I got the coconut oil from Whole Foods and it's vastly different from the refined that I tried before, my hair actually seems to absorb the unrefined! I'm also a sucker for deep conditioners. I just bought another one tonight, even though I still had some of the old stuff left. (But the new stuff is cone free and smells awesome so I'm justified) :p

Natalia
July 26th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Right now id have to say monoi tiare oil. Im mainly WO so I don't have much use for other products but a little of that on my ends as needed provides me scent and silky fix.

hypersensitive
July 26th, 2013, 10:38 PM
A thick coney conditioner, Pantene usually does the trick!

GrowingGlory
July 26th, 2013, 10:47 PM
California Baby Therapeutic Relief Skin Protectant Shampoo & Body Wash and QueCraft Black Buffalo Horn Comb (AA001029).

MaryO
July 27th, 2013, 03:21 AM
I really don't think I'd survive without Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. My hair loves cones and I enjoy whatever my hair likes so both of us are happy! :-)