PDA

View Full Version : Starting her young. ;)

ProverbsGirl
July 24th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Hey Everyone!
This is my first post. Yay me! :)

I always had my hair long when I was young. Then in my late teens early twenties it yoyoed up and down. I would always kick myself for cutting it after it got longer, though.

I'm on a journey to see how long my hair will grow. I have done this before but always get upset at mid back and cut it off again. Then I found this site and realized I couldn't continue to treat my hair the same when it was long as I did when it was short. Growing it has been 10 times easier this time around!

My daughters 2.5 And 5 Are growing their hair out with me. The two year old is just now getting hair, I'm not planning to cut it for a very long time. My oldest daughter and I are buds. :) we do everything together.
She is loving her hair getting longer and the new styles I can do for her now. Her fav is pigtail buns. Super Cute!

Today she was brushing her hair and tipped her head way back and said. 'I love that it is getting long now Mommy. Can't wait until it is all the way down to here.' And placed her hand back to where her hair was tipped back to. HHe he
I'm starting her young. ;)

Anyone else growing their hair out with their daughters?

Leeloo
July 24th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Welcome! :waving: it's adorable that you're growing hair out with your girls.

gthlvrmx
July 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
when i have kids i will :P
growing my hair always but ill grow with my kids later :P

kpzra
July 24th, 2013, 10:57 PM
My daughter is 3 and has never had her hair cut (except bangs). It's BLS right now and she likes it long. I have a few pics of her hair in my album. :)

DrachenBelladon
July 24th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I'm growing it out with my 3 year old sister. She loves the long hair!

HumanBean
July 24th, 2013, 11:31 PM
My son is no longer growing his hair out, but it was his desire to do so that initially brought me here and inspired me for myself.

Tini'sNewHair
July 25th, 2013, 04:05 AM
yes i am to :) at first my hair was a lot longer than my daughters (shes 5) - her hair at the time was shoulder length and mine was mid back but my hair was half damaged and i really didnt like it - my daughter would be so kind and say that she loves my hair anyway and she wished her was longer than mine so when the idea in my head came to chop my hair up to its healthier length (which was to my chin), i found it easier to deal with because that would also mean that my daughters hair would be longer than mine for once :) right now her hair is to her hips and mine is to my bra strap - i LOOOOVE her hair so much and so does she which is pretty awesome :D

embee
July 25th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Welcome!

My DD when she was little wanted long hair too. But then one day she discovered scissors and cut "bangs" - well, she cut her front hair *to the scalp*. Oh dear. There wasn't much to do but give her a pixie for a while and start growing again.

She's all grown up now and her hair is waist length! :)

Of the Fae
July 25th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Cute! How awesome that your daughter is so enthusiastic! Good luck on your journey together

lapushka
July 25th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Ow it's cute, especially at that age. I made the decision at the age of 6 that I was going to grow my hair, but my mom kept taking me to the hair dresser (with special instructions that we wouldn't cut that much off). After a year of me noticing that it had barely grown, I plainly refused to go to the hair dresser anymore. Mom persuaded me to go, but could also see how determined I was and as of that moment only my bangs got cut. I grew all the way to classic at age 10/11. I was under strict instructions to keep it up and out of my face for school, though. ;)

Robot Ninja
July 25th, 2013, 08:48 AM
My daughter is ten and has never had an actual haircut, just trims. She's always liked having long hair. And then she saw Tangled, and now she doesn't even want trims. (She's still getting trims. We just argue about it for a week first.)

She was stuck around "BSL" for years, but now she's at hip. I guess her terminal length is getting longer as she gets older.

Heavy Raindrops
July 25th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I am growing my hair out with my little sister. :)

gingerclip
July 25th, 2013, 09:55 AM
I only have a son, no daughters, and he is actually getting his first haircut this weekend.

MaryO
July 25th, 2013, 10:46 AM
That's lovely! Hope to have a daughter to grow hair with one day! :-D

jacqueline101
July 25th, 2013, 01:04 PM
That's neat that you're all on your hair growth journey together.