PDA

View Full Version : One more thread, can anyone recommend some products

sarahthegemini
July 24th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I promise once I settle into my routine, I'll stop spamming/pestering :o

Okay so basically I need some cone-free conditioners that would work for CWC. On my other thread, Firefox (thanks firefox!) advised that a good conditioner would be one with ceramides, hydrolysed protein and panthenol to actually patch repair the little dryness and damage. I'm in the UK, and I know some brands that are cone free in the US aren't over here. I use a lot of conditioner so I don't want to spend too much.

Also, I would like a leave in conditioner/detangler that contains oils, panthenol and behentrimoniums. I have one already that has oils and pathenol but it also has amodimethicone.

Please help me LCH-ers, I appreciate all the help you've given me so far! :)

Firefox7275
July 24th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Me again!! For hydrolysed protein and panthenol (but not loads of slip) Schwarzkopf Gliss ultimate volume conditioner from pound shops, Body Care and Home Bargains is silicone free and oil free. You might still be able to get the old formula Fructis Sleek & Shine from some pound shops, that has hydrolysed protein and palm oil. Most rinse out conditioners can also be used as a leave in, I do so with both of these.

For ceramides and protein and panthenol I'm using Komaza Care products from British Curlies Curly Emporium but they've cut right back on the stock unfortunately so I suspect I will be importing my next order. It's very tough to find ceramides without silicones, some people claim certain oils contain ceramides but realistically the amount is minute.

I will be interested to see what others come up with.

sarahthegemini
July 24th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Me again!! For hydrolysed protein and panthenol (but not loads of slip) Schwarzkopf Gliss ultimate volume conditioner from pound shops, Body Care and Home Bargains is silicone free and oil free. You might still be able to get the old formula Fructis Sleek & Shine from some pound shops, that has hydrolysed protein and palm oil. Most rinse out conditioners can also be used as a leave in, I do so with both of these.

For ceramides and protein and panthenol I'm using Komaza Care products from British Curlies Curly Emporium but they've cut right back on the stock unfortunately so I suspect I will be importing my next order. It's very tough to find ceramides without silicones, some people claim certain oils contain ceramides but realistically the amount is minute.

I will be interested to see what others come up with.

Thanks (again!) I have just been to Sainsbury's and thought i'd look at the conditioners whilst there. I found one with Behentrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed corn protein, hydrolyzed soy protein and hydrolyzed wheat protein. As well as moringa oil and castor oil BUT it also has Cyclopentasiloxane and Cyclohexasiloxane. This might be good if I decide to use a coney leave in. I tried finding that Schwarzkopf Gliss after you recommended it on another thread but haven't had much luck finding it, though I will keep trying :)

Firefox7275
July 24th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks (again!) I have just been to Sainsbury's and thought i'd look at the conditioners whilst there. I found one with Behentrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed corn protein, hydrolyzed soy protein and hydrolyzed wheat protein. As well as moringa oil and castor oil BUT it also has Cyclopentasiloxane and Cyclohexasiloxane. This might be good if I decide to use a coney leave in. I tried finding that Schwarzkopf Gliss after you recommended it on another thread but haven't had much luck finding it, though I will keep trying :)

That sounds very promising if, as you say, you decide to go with silicones. The Gliss is in a bright purple bottle, I've not seen it in regular supermarkets or pharmacies, tho to be fair I haven't specially looked for it there!

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/pics/products/49755/2/schwark-gliss-ultimate-con.jpg

sarahthegemini
July 24th, 2013, 12:52 PM
That sounds very promising if, as you say, you decide to go with silicones. The Gliss is in a bright purple bottle, I've not seen it in regular supermarkets or pharmacies, tho to be fair I haven't specially looked for it there!

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/pics/products/49755/2/schwark-gliss-ultimate-con.jpg

I've found it on Amazon, unfortunately pound shops and bargain shops near me aren't very big! There's a couple that I've yet to venture into though so will try at the weekend :)

Leeloo
July 24th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Thank you for starting this thread sarahthegemini! And thank you Firefox7275 for your advice! I’m also looking for a good cone-free conditioner and your advice is very helpful to understand the ingredients.