PDA

View Full Version : Cut off two inches?

Oberon88
August 31st, 2008, 04:48 PM
I am thinking about cutting off two to three inches of hair to even up my layers and make my hair less.... pointy? Its grown into a rather severe V. However, I don't want to cut off my healthy growth.
I honestly don't mind it too much, my plan was to grow my hair down to my hips, and then start evening it up.
My mom (I know, its my hair, don't listen to other people) has lately been encouraging (badgering) me to even it up because I look like a 'ragamuffin' as she so lovingly put it.
What do you guys think?

Here is a photo from May or June http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/Smokybo/DSC_0439.jpg

Shanarana
August 31st, 2008, 04:52 PM
I don't think it looks bad at all. Maybe a micro trim? What ever you decide I'm sure it will be the best for you.

spidermom
If it were me, I wouldn't take more than an inch off the longest point and maybe 1/4 inch off the rest of the ends. I think it looks pretty good as is.

EvaSimone
I evened up my hair, an inch was all it took and my hair looked way different. Personally I don't think you need to cut off more than an inch but ultimately it's up to you.

Your hair looks pretty and thick on the ends but it is a little uneven (ahh the joys of growing out layers :D), but I certainly don't think you look like a ragamuffin!

Oberon88
August 31st, 2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks Shanarana My confidence has been wavering a bit.

Oberon88
August 31st, 2008, 04:55 PM
Whoah, so everyone posted while I was posting again!:cheese:

Thanks for saying it looks good, I might trim off an inch like Spidermom suggested.

jera
August 31st, 2008, 04:58 PM
I know how you feel. My hair just reached waist length but was very scraggly so I trimmed off four inches of pure damage and evened everything up. It bothered me to do it, but I'd planned to trim off all the damage at summer's end. I looks much healthier now. :) ( Anyone who wants to grow their hair long, don't curl the ends with a curling iron like I did ! ) :mad:

I think your hair looks thick and beautiful though, so I'd probably just trim off an inch max.

Electronika
August 31st, 2008, 07:10 PM
Before I trimmed my hair I found myself obsessed with thinking about it because the ends were not as even as I wanted them to be.

If you think it will soothe you, then you should do it!:D

anna1850
August 31st, 2008, 07:20 PM
If you want to change it into more of a 'u' than a 'v' then you could trim the longest bits but I think it looks fine. There doesn't really seem to be any noticeable taper and it looks pretty healthy so I wouldn't worry about it unless you want to change the shape.

On a side note, I do think it's a problem with 2cish hair that it does often look "scruffy" to other people, because they are used to seeing hair that is very straight or neatly curled with heat styling so much nowadays so with hairtype halfway in between people think that you should either straighten it or curl it. It's one of those things that I think we're more likely to get negative comments maybe (also, it's a hard hairtype to learn to deal with as so many people don't realise for years their hair is somewhat curly and brush it, I know I did). So I guess my point is try not to put too much stock in what other people think because they have preconceptions about what hair should look like which are very different from what we at LHC generally think :)

Oberon88
August 31st, 2008, 08:30 PM
I know it will grow, but I've waited so long for it to be solidly at waist that it would be hard for me to cut it off.
anna1850 I think you're right about people not knowing how to react towards in-between hair. In high school people always told me to straighten it.... never did, it just made my hair look weird.
I'll see how I feel about it in a week and then figure out if I should trim or not.
I appreciate everyones input!

yogachic
August 31st, 2008, 09:26 PM
Your hair looks great, but if the V bothers you, it won't hurt to trim 2-3 inches off for a U shape.

Deborah
September 1st, 2008, 12:06 AM
You already have great looking hair. But I think you will like it better if you go ahead and trim it an inch or so. It will still be long and beautiful, but it sounds as though you would like having the ends more straight across. Trim! You are young, and your hair will grow back very quickly anyway, but the ends and the overall shape will look nicer. :)

Missie
September 1st, 2008, 02:37 AM
I think you hair is adorable as it is.. the V is very attractive. But its to you :)

Periwinkle
September 1st, 2008, 04:13 AM
I think it looks gorgeous! Don't cut it if it's your mum wanting you to do it and not something you want for yourself. Whose hair is it again?

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
Your hair looks great and I think a small trim would be wise.

Ticky
September 23rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
It's a five (plus) year old thread, I hardly think the OP needs help with that anymore. For all we know, she could have shaved it all off and grown it back... Twice.

Yay necro threads.