PDA

View Full Version : Baby Oil SMT

jennescence
July 22nd, 2013, 08:46 PM
Should it be fine to put an SMT on my hair if it has baby oil in it. i accidentally went ahead and applied baby oil after i washed it and dont want to wash it again:(

gthlvrmx
July 22nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
i dun think so i think tis best to use like evoo and stuff. something penetrative. baby oil is not good for smt i think.
i may be wrong but i never do that.
id wash it out or wait till later :P im unsure about smts thoguh but id say no :P

honestly what i do instead is get small amounts of evoo and put it on my damp hair after a wash and then when its drier i add baby oil just when its not too oily so the baby oil can stick. that way the evoo helps penetrate more and the baby oil helps keep moisture in along with the evoo. i think that works :P

jennescence
July 22nd, 2013, 09:00 PM
It is not part of my SMT lol. I just forgot I was doing one tonight and put in some baby oil, which is what I always do after i wash my hair. It's important that I do one because I just dyed my hair today and it's on the drier side.

gthlvrmx
July 22nd, 2013, 09:54 PM
It is not part of my SMT lol. I just forgot I was doing one tonight and put in some baby oil, which is what I always do after i wash my hair. It's important that I do one because I just dyed my hair today and it's on the drier side.

oh ok yeah i wouldnt leave it in and just get it out with a cheap silicone free conditioner :P suave naturals works for me like strawberry ripe thingy XD i forgot the name. do the SMT afterward. the conditioner already helps moisturize a little bit already if you get it in there and its not as drying as shampoo :P it does cleanse a bit too if you lather it enough and rinse it out really well you dont want a lot left in your hair :P

jeanniet
July 22nd, 2013, 10:48 PM
Actually I think it's probably fine. The MO does provide something of a moisture barrier and might negate some of the effectiveness of the SMT, but it won't do it entirely, especially if you're pretty light with the MO. I'd go ahead and do the SMT and see how it goes.

gthlvrmx
July 22nd, 2013, 10:55 PM
Actually I think it's probably fine. The MO does provide something of a moisture barrier and might negate some of the effectiveness of the SMT, but it won't do it entirely, especially if you're pretty light with the MO. I'd go ahead and do the SMT and see how it goes.

i think the OP mightve done it already its pretty late by now XD its more humid in tennesse isnt it? itll probably work with MO on it anyways. :P it wont work here XD

jennescence
July 23rd, 2013, 10:40 PM
Yes it's ALWAYS humid here lol. and i tried it. It really worked:) Like a charm. Thanks guys so much!

gthlvrmx
July 23rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
Yes it's ALWAYS humid here lol. and i tried it. It really worked:) Like a charm. Thanks guys so much!

yay awesome! :D :) <3