PDA

View Full Version : Whose photo album?

Euphony
March 18th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Not sure if I'm putting this thread in the right section - if not, my apologies and mods if you could move it...:)

I periodically go to the photo albums, but for the most part I have no clue what album belongs to whom. Some people do put their name in the title, but I've noticed most don't. Fortunately I can distinguish many of the 'backs of the head' I see, but there are some I have no idea who it belongs to. Is there a way to distinguish who these albums belong to?

aisling
March 18th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Yes, there is, click on a link and then you can see who have posted it if you look top of the page. Under the LHC logo, you get a row of links, like "The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards > XXX's Profile > Albums" and there you can see the name of the person.

Still, I think it would be a good idea for everybody to make sure they include their name in the title. I noticed that not even moderators do this all the time ;)

Juliet's Silk
March 18th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Oh yeah that bothers me as well which made me write my name in the description section...

Euphony
March 18th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Yes, there is, click on a link and then you can see who have posted it if you look top of the page. Under the LHC logo, you get a row of links, like "The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards > XXX's Profile > Albums" and there you can see the name of the person.

Still, I think it would be a good idea for everybody to make sure they include their name in the title. I noticed that not even moderators do this all the time ;)
Very cool! I hadn't noticed that - thank you for that tip!

Oh yeah that bothers me as well which made me write my name in the description section...
I have yet to start an album, but I figure I'll be putting my name in it too just to avoid confusion.

harpgal
March 18th, 2008, 01:53 PM
LOL! Well, that is because we are learning, also. If I ever get the time to start one of these, I will be sure and put my name up there.....just for you aisling. :D

awesometruffle
March 18th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Just wanted to second the vote for putting names in titles!

girlcat36
March 18th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I also am confused when visiting the photo albums. I wish the pics had captions under them too, so I could see when or where a certain pic was taken.

Jason
March 18th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I also am confused when visiting the photo albums. I wish the pics had captions under them too, so I could see when or where a certain pic was taken.

While the thumbnails don't, the larger pictures almost always do. Sometimes it's just the name of the photo but it can also be a few sentences.

girlcat36
March 18th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Okay, thanks Jason!

physicschick
March 18th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Also, I noticed that if I moused over the thumbnail pictures, I was getting a little thing popping up with the description.

Euphony
March 18th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Also, I noticed that if I moused over the thumbnail pictures, I was getting a little thing popping up with the description.
Nice! Thanks for that!!

tiny_teesha
March 18th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Yep, i toot hink names should be in it. ie not "my hair" "teesha's hair" or my pets, "teesha's pets"
Ive done that :)

darkwaves
March 18th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Yes, there is, click on a link and then you can see who have posted it if you look top of the page. Under the LHC logo, you get a row of links, like "The Long Hair Community Discussion Boards > XXX's Profile > Albums" and there you can see the name of the person. This is true -- but you have to click to open the thread, first. And if the album is called "Growth Progress" or "My Favourite Updos", you may not bother because that's just too random a title!

I think the problem is that because the albums are housed under member's profile pages, people are making the assumption that we will access them that way, rather than through the central album listings -- where everyone is tossed together.

Maybe this will gradually get fixed with time, as the owners of nameless albums check the link for albums and get frustrated by the lack of other names there... Then maybe they'll scurry off to fix their own.

As for descriptions -- good point. I'll probably put more for newer pix, as I used to on the old LHC, where I tried to explain my hair styles. (So far, the style pix I've uploaded are repeats, and I don't have the energy to write that all out again.)

aisling
March 19th, 2008, 12:58 AM
LOL! Well, that is because we are learning, also. If I ever get the time to start one of these, I will be sure and put my name up there.....just for you aisling. :D

Thank you, harpgal :D

darkwaves, I totally agree with you, I can't usually be bothered to click on "nameless" albums but as I've been exploring the new features, I also found out how to see whose album it is. I do hope people will realise how good it would be with their own name in the album title.

carinkla
March 19th, 2008, 05:34 AM
I included my name when I started it..I did not realised that it would be handy to do just wanted to make it personal..

Billie
March 19th, 2008, 05:40 AM
same here! I just called my album Billies hair, because I lack the originality of making up better names

carinkla
March 19th, 2008, 05:41 AM
same here! I just called my album Billies hair, because I lack the originality of making up better names

maybe not orriginal but absolutely clear..;)

Pegasus Marsters
March 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM

I think what you're referring to is an "Alt tag" I get one if I put my mouse over peoples avatars.

physicschick
March 19th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I think what you're referring to is an "Alt tag" I get one if I put my mouse over peoples avatars.

Well, I'll be. That's an html thing, and I know how to do it on my web page. :doh: I hadn't made the connection to what happens for the album images here. :lol:

Pegasus Marsters
March 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Well, I'll be. That's an html thing, and I know how to do it on my web page. :doh: I hadn't made the connection to what happens for the album images here. :lol:

*shakes head slowly* oh dear oh dear ;)