PDA

View Full Version : Hoping For Some Ideas...

A. Correira
July 20th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Hey all!!

So, I have recently reached BSL. And I am so very happy with the length that I have! Finally my hair feels long, but sadly, I have become very BORED with it. I often do many braids and things of that sort and I have watched a lot of Lillith Moon's videos on Youtube, but I feel in a rut. I have no desire to cut it or anything of that sort. I used to have blunt cut bangs a few months ago and they have grown out enough to blend in with the rest of my layers. I am kinda considering getting bangs again, but I always want them when I don't have them and then wish they would grow out when I do have them.

I know at some point, I will color my hair, but I am terrible at doing it myself and I would have to go to a salon. Plus, I am not sure what colors would look right on me....

Here are some photos of me...

I have a crown braid, but this one is good to see my skin tone.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/photo16_zpsea75cf26.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Ariel_Correira/media/photo16_zpsea75cf26.jpg.html)

Like I said, I had bangs and I liked them... to an extent.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/403142_3872553133643_1514375216_n_zps9ee7802f.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Ariel_Correira/media/403142_3872553133643_1514375216_n_zps9ee7802f.jpg. html)

And one more.... Here is my current color and length

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/Ariel_Correira/photo30_zpsd9999fd8.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/Ariel_Correira/media/photo30_zpsd9999fd8.jpg.html)

I'm hoping that you all can give me suggestions to get through this rough patch.... I just really need some sort of change....

On a side note, DH hates buns and things of that sort, so I rarely do them. He says they make me look old.

Thank you in advance!

share801
July 20th, 2013, 03:15 PM
How about sideswept bangs?

jessokitty
July 20th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I think your hair colour is lovely! Bangs also do look nice with your face shape. A chocolate brown colour would look nice if you really wanted to dye it. As for styles, maybe a half up sort of thing would be a good alternative/compromise to buns.

icallitbliss
July 20th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Personally I like you with or without bangs. You rock both looks. The only thing I can suggest is just play around with dye if you're bored, even though your color is also fine, too.

A. Correira
July 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Thank you all!! I need to see what I like the most. My problem might not only be my hair but it could be the fact that I don't really dress up and pamper myself very often. I might need to also take the time to pretty up.

Puchuca
July 20th, 2013, 05:11 PM
I agree with the girls, try a soft sideswept bang or dye it. And if you like volume you could rock some no heat curls :o

Lady Mary
July 20th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I think you have a nice forehead, it would be a shame to hide it behind fringe. I also love the crown braid, perhaps adding accessories might change it up a bit?

dulce
July 20th, 2013, 05:43 PM
How about hair toys?African butterfly clips[check u utube for demos],Lilla Rose flexi clips[again check on utube] and hair forks[Grahtoe studios,Ravens croft moons.Larks Creations[check utubes for demos on all these types]With a multitude of hair toys you have so many different looks and styles without the risk of a bad haircut or bad colour ..definitely no boredom there!

fairview
July 20th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Blue eyes + red/copper blonde hair = warm complexion so you can go lighter without any issues. Take a piece of regular old green(cool) and orange(warm) construction paper and hold it under your chin in front of a mirror. In one reflection you will appear to an extra on the walking dead. The other will enhance your complexion.

Your face structure is very close to that of an inverted triangle so any style that draws the eye into your chin will appear to make your face structure even more of an inverted triangle. Compare the two pictures posted. The first with your hair pulled back away makes your face appear more balanced and oval. The second enhances the narrow chin making it even more pointy. Face framing is something I definitely would not recommend if you were a guest siting in my chair. Any style that places volume at your chin will widen your lower jaw giving you more of an oval face shape.

In regards to color it this is your first time I would suggest you be a color girl and only use demi colors rather than permanent. By using demis if you want to change your color simply shampoo more frequently and with 3 weeks to a month it will be gone and you can start with a new color. I would suggest enhancing your current color with block diffusion using the demi colors. Other than perhaps a very subtle sun kissed ombre I see no reason to use permanent color.

A. Correira
July 20th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Blue eyes + red/copper blonde hair = warm complexion so you can go lighter without any issues. Take a piece of regular old green(cool) and orange(warm) construction paper and hold it under your chin in front of a mirror. In one reflection you will appear to an extra on the walking dead. The other will enhance your complexion.

Your face structure is very close to that of an inverted triangle so any style that draws the eye into your chin will appear to make your face structure even more of an inverted triangle. Compare the two pictures posted. The first with your hair pulled back away makes your face appear more balanced and oval. The second enhances the narrow chin making it even more pointy. Face framing is something I definitely would not recommend if you were a guest siting in my chair. Any style that places volume at your chin will widen your lower jaw giving you more of an oval face shape.

In regards to color it this is your first time I would suggest you be a color girl and only use demi colors rather than permanent. By using demis if you want to change your color simply shampoo more frequently and with 3 weeks to a month it will be gone and you can start with a new color. I would suggest enhancing your current color with block diffusion using the demi colors. Other than perhaps a very subtle sun kissed ombre I see no reason to use permanent color.

I will definitely try the construction paper thing! That is a good idea, and I like the Walking Dead reference. Haha.

I have never thought that about my face, but it is very true!! I have always noticed that I have a pointy chin and it shows how bangs really change my face shape, but not exactly in the best way.

I have colored my hair before, but I always go back to my natural hair color. Ombre would be nice. DH says that my hair wouldn't look very good that way, but I kinda think that it might be a good subtle thing for me to try.

jacqueline101
July 20th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Hair toys are cool, how about a bling strand, heat free curls, or bangs. You can try some new styles and some soft layers.

Ocelan
July 21st, 2013, 01:56 AM
I also suggest you try updos with accent braids so it's not all slicked back in a bun. TorrinPaige (http://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige) and LaDollyVita33 (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBGIFstqkqVX8LboNdtXCew) (or her other channel ladollyvita333 (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRfj9SMbPEsLtprIAwzCbgA)) have a lot of hairstyles and updos that incorporate these ideas. I also quite rarely dress up pretty, which is a shame since sometimes it's just fun to do. At work I mainly wear my hair in a medium high bun or a braid (often french or dutch, they stay better and do not "slump") since those are the only quick and easy things that fit under my hardhat, so I do like to switch it up when I can. Side braids, lace braids, or if you can manage them then side french rope braids could look very nice and more interesting also (my hair spits out rope braids and Seeshami's side rope braid tutorial... found... somewhere... is the only one I've managed to have stay more than 15 minutes without slumping).

I think you cal pull off both no bangs and bangs, but if you like both looks you should maybe try long face framing layers/bangs which you can get into updos easily or you can sweep them on the side to give some softness to your hairdos. I like your color now and am a big advocate for undyed hair, since I'm growing out my own aswell after years of dyeing. However if you are totally bored with your color now I think the ombre hair might be a good idea if you make the transition subtle and so that the bottom of your hair would be darker instead of lighter. That would mean less damage to your length if you do it with the right dyes and also then if you get tired of it you could just keep growing your own color and at some point cut the dye off. That or dip dye the tips or a few strands of bold color in the nape or behind the ear so that it will make updos more interesting but you can also hide them by having your hair down. :)