PDA

View Full Version : Those that CWC, I have 2 questions for you!!

sarahthegemini
July 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I cwc now, and both the conditioners I use have dimethicone. I don't mind using cones or sulfates or things like that but I am wondering 2 things:

Firstly, those that cwc, do you ever have to shampoo your length? I cwc daily (was originally S+C daily) so should I be shampooing my entire length once a week or somehing? I suppose it varies but a little guidance would be great.

Secondly, do you clarify? And if so, how often?

Eta: I generally claify once a month but should I be doing it more now that I'm using more conditioner, less shampoo and 2 products daily with dimethicone?

Leeloo
July 18th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I'm all sorts of confused about that too. And are ACV wash considered clarifying? :ponder:

ExpectoPatronum
July 18th, 2013, 03:55 PM
1. Shampooing your length is up to you. Personally, as the length of my hair is very dry, I don't. I don't think I've shampooed my length in years. When I rinse the shampoo out of my scalp, it washes down the length of my hair and I find that's sufficient enough for my hair.

2. Yes, I do clarify. I usually clarify whenever I feel my hair/scalp needs it. When I'm not swimming regularly, I usually clarify every couple of weeks to once a month. Once you get into a routine, you'll be able to figure out when your hair needs to be clarified based on how it feels.

As for the ACV wash, I'm not too sure if that's considered clarifying, but it does make my hair nice and shiny and soft!

sarahthegemini
July 18th, 2013, 04:10 PM
1. Shampooing your length is up to you. Personally, as the length of my hair is very dry, I don't. I don't think I've shampooed my length in years. When I rinse the shampoo out of my scalp, it washes down the length of my hair and I find that's sufficient enough for my hair.

2. Yes, I do clarify. I usually clarify whenever I feel my hair/scalp needs it. When I'm not swimming regularly, I usually clarify every couple of weeks to once a month. Once you get into a routine, you'll be able to figure out when your hair needs to be clarified based on how it feels.

As for the ACV wash, I'm not too sure if that's considered clarifying, but it does make my hair nice and shiny and soft!

Thank you. When I rinse out my shampoo-ed scalp, I sort of lean my head forward and hold my length out of the way so virtually no shampoo gets on my length. I'm just unsure of whether I'd need to clarify my length or just use a sulfate 'poo on my length every so often but I guess I'll have to wait and see.