PDA

View Full Version : Discovery of a lifetime: Palmer's Hair Food

alyanna
July 18th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Has anyone tried Palmer's hair food formula? The ingredients are: Minarel Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Paraffin, Lanolin,Coconut Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Parfum), D&CYellow #11

As far as I'm concerned, it is an absolute miracle product. I use it much the same as you would any oil. Except that this stuff means instant softness and no crunchiness at all. My normally dry, frizzy hair feels as soft as butter. It's much, much easier to detangle, so I hope that will mean a reduction in mechanical damage. It makes my hair look shiny, without being greasy. And probably because it coats the hairs, the individual strands look thicker and less porous. One last plus, it smooths out the curls a bit, which is a bonus for some wurlies who want to wear their hair a bit smoother.

For the record, I am an F-2b-ii. My circumference is about 2.7. I have very, very fine, thinning hair, and yet my hair can handle this product without feeling weighed down or greasy. I use a bit more than a pea-sized dollop. This product is also inexpensive and lasts a long time.

10000days
July 18th, 2013, 05:52 AM
You've totally sold this to me; ebaying as we speak...

vamq
July 18th, 2013, 06:10 AM
I did try this, but it didn't work for me, as it left me with dry, crunchy hair with lots of knots.
The stuff smells good though.

I have 1c/2a fine to medium hair, so perhaps it works better for people with curlier hair :)

faellen
July 19th, 2013, 01:19 AM
I was wondering about this stuff. I love Palmers skin products, wondering if the hair products are any good...

alyanna
July 19th, 2013, 01:40 AM
I also live in a humid climate and my hair is quite porous. It really needs some kind of leave-in treatment, but I have never really found anything that worked. I had been using olive oil on the ends, which was fine but it did't really soften, just made my hair look a tad less frizzy. It's very easy to go overboard with olive oil. I thought I went overboard with the Hair Food the other day, but a few hours later, my hair seemed to have absorbed the product and it was back to looking fluffy. It really seemed my hair was hungry for some of this food!

alyanna
July 19th, 2013, 01:42 AM
I did try this, but it didn't work for me, as it left me with dry, crunchy hair with lots of knots.
The stuff smells good though.

I have 1c/2a fine to medium hair, so perhaps it works better for people with curlier hair :)

Wow really?! That's really surprising to me. Goes to show that not every hair product is suitable for everyone. You're right, maybe your hair didn't need all the mineral oil and protein. Curlier hair definitely craves it more. But I am surprised you got crunchy ends!

jacqueline101
July 19th, 2013, 06:15 AM
I seen it at dollar general I might buy some.

melusine963
July 19th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I'm glad you've found a product that works so well for you. That said, I don't understand the point of putting vitamins in a hair product. If hair is dead, surely they do absolutely no good? It's not like they can be absorbed into your body (unless you put the stuff on your scalp). Can anyone explain this to me?

Poot
July 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I use there protein pack and love it. I am going to give this a try :)

LadyCelestina
July 19th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Sounds interesting!

Does anybody know what do the vitamins in it do for hair?

alyanna
July 19th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I'm glad you've found a product that works so well for you. That said, I don't understand the point of putting vitamins in a hair product. If hair is dead, surely they do absolutely no good? It's not like they can be absorbed into your body (unless you put the stuff on your scalp). Can anyone explain this to me?

The product is intended as a hair and scalp treatment, so that's probably where the vitamins may be useful. I used it on my scalp the other day and it wasn't bad at all. I thought it might make my hair greasy but it didn't. It was easy to shampoo off and made my scalp soft. But I use it primarily for my length as I have a different routine for my scalp (castor oil + daktarin).