PDA

View Full Version : For those using or looking to use MSM for growth

NinaJean
July 17th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I have been using MSM for about six weeks now and can tell you that for me it does help tremendously with the quality of my new hair growth and my skin:D:D. For those interested in gaining length that remains to be seen, as I am currently rocking ponytails and avoiding seeing my hair down for a few months so that I can be super impressed with my growth haha

That being said, for those who use MSM flakes, it can taste HORRIBLY bitter, and I have found the perfect way to disguise the taste. It took a lot of trial and error and coping with still having a slightly disgusting taste before I found it though.

Minute Maid makes Grape Punch, (not grape juice) that is $1 at walmart, and can easily mask the taste.

Just thought I would share =) I'm happy to answer any questions y'all have about the MSM as well.

swearnsue
July 17th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I've been taking 1000mg MSM per day but I buy the capsules. I think it has really helped the shedding. If I get super stressed I will still shed too much for comfort (100-200 hairs) but as for everyday shedding, my guess is about 30 hairs per day. I've heard of people taking large amounts but 1000mg per day works fine for me.

jacqueline101
July 17th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I'm taking msm and biotin both plus I do Monistat my hair grows fairly well and doesn't shed except seasonal shedding.

NinaJean
July 17th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Yeah take super doses, but that's more because I have severe chronic pain issues. I take between 8-10,000 mg per day, along with super doses of biotin (it helps me with my stomach issues as well) and vitamin C.
My hair and skin quality have improved and I've also had the unwanted issue of breast enlargement, although I'm hoping that's only temporary. My skin is sooo soft though I love it!

Leeloo
July 17th, 2013, 09:05 PM
I put MSM powder in the shake with a banana (and a bunch of other stuff) and it masks the taste. Thank you for posting your results. I just started taking it (and biotin) about 3 weeks ago.