PDA

View Full Version : Cut ma haaar (picts)

kitschy
July 17th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I cut around 5 inches off my hair. It doesn't look better. Back to growing out to classic I guess.

http://images54.fotki.com/v514/photos/0/1803120/9931107/Cut71713-vi.jpg

imalonghair
July 17th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Your hair is gorgeous no matter what length it is!

Rebecka
July 17th, 2013, 09:08 AM
That's some beautiful curls!

Beborani
July 17th, 2013, 09:09 AM
You have gorgeously striking hair at any length! Maybe a v cut with long layers would have worked better --could have been done within those 6 inches. My motto is it is only hair and it grows out--nothing wrong in experimenting a bit.

TheIronMaiden
July 17th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Waist length is a really flattering length in my opinion, and it's still really long. Your hair does look gorgeous! Why did you cut it ?

sisi33
July 17th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Kitschy, I love your ringlets, no matter what you think of them at the moment! And wowza, 5 inches? You're very brave!

kitschy
July 17th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Thanks imalonghair and welcome to the LHC, and thanks Rebecka, Beborani, and TheIronMaiden

My hair was cut in a U shape with layers. I've been trying to grow out layers for the last three years thinking it might make braids and updos more do-able. Now looking at these pictures, I can see that I need layers to release the curl in the underlayer. I will probably get some light layering in the back and just continue growing now that I've got the cut out of my system and can see that it doesn't really help the curl much.

Leeloo
July 17th, 2013, 09:30 AM
You have gorgeous curls!

LadyCelestina
July 17th, 2013, 09:30 AM
The way the pictures are placed makes it look like your hair GREW 5 inches :D

It's beautiful.

Phalaenopsis
July 17th, 2013, 09:44 AM
My God, you have the most beautiful grey curly hair I've ever seen. Gorgeous, just completely gorgeous!

AmyBeth
July 17th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Wow, your hair was gorgeous before you cut it and it's still gorgeous!

kitschy
July 17th, 2013, 10:41 AM
sisi33, Leeloo, LadyCelestina, Phalaenopsis, AmyBeth... Thank you for your kind words. I just cut off a year of growth, and you all have made me feel okay with it. It is just hair, it grows.

GabrielleRose
July 17th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Your hair is absolutely beautiful, and I adore your curly hair!

spidermom
July 17th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I agree; really pretty hair.

Yes indeed, hair does grow. In some ways, you might find it easier to work with now. I wanted layers really badly a few months ago, but I've gotten used to how my hair handles without them and no longer feel the need.

Skade
July 17th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Lovely curls! When I saw it my first thought was Oh, I would like to do some kind of a bun with that hair, it looks like it would make such fluffy, gorgeous and voluminous buns. :)

ravenreed
July 17th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I have such curl envy! I hope your new length grows on you, and agree that your hair looks lovely at both lengths. (I apologize for my terrible pun!)

going gray
July 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Hello, Your hair is gorgeous, there are no other words.

Vanilla
July 17th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Your hair looks great!

Macaroni
July 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM
It gave you a thicker hemline.

samanthajenalyn
July 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM
wow, your curls are gorgeous!

lulana
July 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
such wonderfull and well defined curls, just love the color and even if it takes a while the classic lenght will kick asses!!

Unicorn
July 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Better than absolutely gorgeous? Nope it still looks gorgeous I'm afraid.

Unicorn

Natalina
July 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Your hair is so lovely! I love the thickness and curls. Personally I think your new hemline looks better than the layers, I'm confident your hair will grow out to be even more gorgeous than before. :)

lapushka
July 17th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I don't know... I like it. Makes it look voluminous and makes it bounce. It's nice and different from a blunt hemline, I guess. :)

jacqueline101
July 17th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Your hair is lovely.

BrightEyes
July 17th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Your hair is beautiful. I love your curls, so pretty :)

jeanniet
July 17th, 2013, 12:53 PM
You wear your hair down pretty much all the time, don't you? In that case, I think adding layers in would release more of the curl, and it sounds like that's what you want. I think your hair looks very pretty the way it is, but if you do want more curl, I'd go with some layering to bring them out.

Charybdis
July 17th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Always love seeing your curls, kitschy. You and Quixii have such memorable long ringlets. :)

Neecola
July 17th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Looks great, kitschy!

MissAlida
July 17th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I did the opposite of what you did: I grew out my layers, only to realize, that I needed them to make my curly hair fall nicely. So I cut them back in, and it looks much better. I guess no nice braids for us, but it looks lovely when worn down. Your hair is amazing.;)

Vrindi
July 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
I cut around 5 inches off my hair. It doesn't look better. Back to growing out to classic I guess.

http://images54.fotki.com/v514/photos/0/1803120/9931107/Cut71713-vi.jpg

Your hair is lovely. Maybe you think it doesn't look "better," but it certainly didn't take away any of the beauty!

CurlyCap
July 17th, 2013, 04:41 PM
If you are afraid to go full long-layers, have you considered "face-framing" layers? In my hair, face-framing doesn't end up framing my face at all! BUT, by only layering the top 1/4-1/3 of my hair pretty heavily, it allows the canopy to bounce up and then the layers below to add fullness.

It's a pretty look if you don't mind a few super short curls running wild around your face.

3 Cat Night
July 17th, 2013, 09:03 PM
What beautiful curls you have!

CurlyMopTop
July 17th, 2013, 09:09 PM
As always, wowzas! You're still one of my hair idols! ;)

Tini'sNewHair
July 19th, 2013, 07:16 AM
so beautiful!!!! i love your hair so much <3

Tangle or Curl?
July 19th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Holy smokes! I hope my hair has that much root curl if I ever reach your length, although that is doubtful at 3A. You hair is stunning!

kitschy
July 19th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Holy smokes! I hope my hair has that much root curl if I ever reach your length, although that is doubtful at 3A. You hair is stunning!
Thank you Tangle or Curl, and thanks for all the nice comments, everyone! I think my hair is 3B, when it is shorter you can definitely tell, but the coils have elongated with length. That's why I post the picture of my hair next to the sharpie, just to show that I still match the definition of 3B even though my coils are stretched out.

PJolie
July 19th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Pretty curls! I'm glad there's more girls with curly hair here, even though I don leave mine curl most of the time.

lunalocks
July 19th, 2013, 10:19 AM
You still have one incredible head of hair. I think the curls look tighter. I am imagining you with a bun out of maybe one third of you hair and braids and curls with the rest. That;s my dream updo that I will never achieve due to thinner and straighter hair. (I am such a curly wannabe).

See how it goes before cutting in layers. You might find you like it this way after all.

kitschy
July 19th, 2013, 11:27 AM
You still have one incredible head of hair. I think the curls look tighter. I am imagining you with a bun out of maybe one third of you hair and braids and curls with the rest. That;s my dream updo that I will never achieve due to thinner and straighter hair. (I am such a curly wannabe).

See how it goes before cutting in layers. You might find you like it this way after all.

Thanks lunalocks. Yeah, I won't be cutting in layers any time soon. Layers tend to thin it out at the bottom, and I want a nice thick hemline. That's what I've been aiming for for three years, now I'm just going to grow....maybe someday I'll reach classic.

AnnaB
July 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I have seen your hair in some older threads everytime I think its absolutely stunning!!!

spirals
July 20th, 2013, 12:41 AM
A. The thread title is making me giggle.
2. When I realized it was you, I said "Nooooooo!"
-- Your curls are better than mine. I want to be you when I grow up. And also Lois Smith.
4. :cheese:

Seriously, though, I'd love to see you with a V-hem.

Anywhere
July 20th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Your hair is lovely and thick, and it looks great at this length too.