PDA

View Full Version : Are you my hair twin?

marymonster
July 17th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I have 3a type curly hair, with medium strands, around ii thickness, and average porosity. If we have similar hair, what's your regimen? What works for you? I'm having trouble finding something that works for me, a lot of what I had been using before isn't working very well anymore. I know all hair is different but I'm looking for some ideas. So, calling any hair twins! :) I'm sure I have some on here.

sisi33
July 17th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Me? (My porosity is on the lower end of average.) Although I don't leave my hair to it's own tendencies much anymore, I've had great success with catnip rinses, shampoo bars, ACV rinses, Nightblooming panacea Winter version, bentonite clay clarifying, and marshmallow root (worth the search! Get some!) leave-ins. I basically treat my hair like it's always dying for moisture, even when it's not, and leave the gelling type products alone, as I hate any hint of crunchiness. But I've been tempted to try out okra gel...

Really, I've been experimenting for 2 years, and I'm almost there! :magic:

Neecola
July 17th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I'm similar but have fine strands... 3a/F/ii (a bit over 2" circ) My routine is similar to sisi -- I alternate between shampoo bars and scalp washes with the Shea Moisture line. Love catnip rinses, oiling and henna. Flaxseed gel and marshmallow root are my go-tos. I'm still experimenting but am pretty happy with my results. I also like plopping for a few minutes as I feel it helps boost moisture. I love the Tangle Teezer and unlike many curlies, I enjoy using my BBB the night before a wash to distribute oils.

WilfredAllen
July 17th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I am not your hair twin :'(

marymonster
July 18th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Me? (My porosity is on the lower end of average.) Although I don't leave my hair to it's own tendencies much anymore, I've had great success with catnip rinses, shampoo bars, ACV rinses, Nightblooming panacea Winter version, bentonite clay clarifying, and marshmallow root (worth the search! Get some!) leave-ins. I basically treat my hair like it's always dying for moisture, even when it's not, and leave the gelling type products alone, as I hate any hint of crunchiness. But I've been tempted to try out okra gel...

Really, I've been experimenting for 2 years, and I'm almost there! :magic:

Thanks! :) poo bars didn't work for me, but acv rinses do. I'll be sure to try catnip and marshmallow root! I also moisturize the crap out of my hair... Because mine is ALWAYS dying for moisture haha. :)

marymonster
July 18th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I'm similar but have fine strands... 3a/F/ii (a bit over 2" circ) My routine is similar to sisi -- I alternate between shampoo bars and scalp washes with the Shea Moisture line. Love catnip rinses, oiling and henna. Flaxseed gel and marshmallow root are my go-tos. I'm still experimenting but am pretty happy with my results. I also like plopping for a few minutes as I feel it helps boost moisture. I love the Tangle Teezer and unlike many curlies, I enjoy using my BBB the night before a wash to distribute oils.
I have a shea moisture conditioner and I love it, I should try the shampoo. I love henna too. I use my tangle teezer (stole it from my mother haha) to distribute oils. Thanks for the ideas!

marymonster
July 18th, 2013, 07:48 AM
I am not your hair twin :'(
:( that's alright :flower: