PDA

View Full Version : What have I done...

Blackfire
July 16th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I started using products again and wanted to manic panic my hair black.... Its now black, green, purple.... maybe some other colors I haven't seen yet. :(.... should I do another application when I get paid? or just give up and let it fade out... Im so disappointed I just wanted to do something to make me feel good about how I look which is already terrible. Im lost. :(

Leeloo
July 16th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Sorry to hear about the color. I would take some time and give your hair some rest and then if it didn't fade enough color it again

h9926
July 16th, 2013, 10:29 PM
You could try crushing some vitamin C tablets and mixing with with shampoo and leave it on your hair for an hour or so. It really helped fade my permanent dye. And I have read that it worked well for others with Manic Panic.

MidnightMoon
July 16th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Could you post some pics? I wanted to manic panic black but now I'm a bit worried

Crysania
July 16th, 2013, 10:39 PM
put some vampire red in your hair its gonna cancel the green and weird colors, then you can let it fade

Blackfire
July 16th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Adding red sounds like a really good idea! then I can just let it fade out and pretend I listened to my husband and didn't dye my hair. UGH. I should have learned my lesson the first 5 times that no dye ever has worked.

red-again
July 17th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Sounds to me like you didn't use enough manic panic, hence the diluted areas of green?
You have three options,
1) use more black on ESP th green bits but know that the green is going to be a stage all of your hair, even the currently black bits, may go through on fading. Maybe try a different black veggie dye brand, special effects, adore etc as they may be a less greeny black
2) Balance the black with red manic panic, which may work, may not. May look great. I put red over special effects midnight blue which went black and the red glow was lovely.
3). Follow all the opposite advice given to normally preserve the manic panic in your hair. Clarify, oiling, warm to hot water with lots of rinsing.

Good luck

Firefox7275
July 17th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Can you give us some more information so we can help troubleshoot? How did the strand tests come out, what were you dying over/ what was your preparation? How much product did you use, how long did you leave it for, which sections are patchy?

marymonster
July 17th, 2013, 08:38 AM
You could try crushing some vitamin C tablets and mixing with with shampoo and leave it on your hair for an hour or so. It really helped fade my permanent dye. And I have read that it worked well for others with Manic Panic.

^^^ this. It got manic panic out of my hair super well when I was doing crazy colors with it. Use a sulphate shampoo, and make sure to do an SMT or other deep treatment afterwards. I'm sorry the color didn't work out for you. :(

TheIronMaiden
July 17th, 2013, 09:08 AM
The manic panic black turned deep purple in my boyfriend's hair, and I've also struggled with the manic panic color myself. I tried to dye my virgin roots purple using the purple haze color, but they ended up baby pink... Luckily, it faded really fast.

Blackfire
July 17th, 2013, 10:57 AM
When I used to bleach my hair and do it purple it would come out pink in some places... these are the same places that are red and green... I wouldn't mind the red so much but the green looks like a FBI sedan.

Firefox7275
July 17th, 2013, 11:23 AM
When I used to bleach my hair and do it purple it would come out pink in some places... these are the same places that are red and green... I wouldn't mind the red so much but the green looks like a FBI sedan.

That sounds like uneven porosity, did you get the bleach on really even and use plenty of it? What did your strand tests come out like?

TheIronMaiden
July 17th, 2013, 11:54 AM
The only good thing about conventional hair dye is that if you want it black it will be black. Have you tried henna and indigo?

jacqueline101
July 17th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Looks great.

woodswanderer
July 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Try to think of it as a cool custom effect. When I first read your post I thought it sounded cool looking. Got a pic?

MissAlida
July 17th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I got much of my accidental burgundy henna out by applying a thick layer of soap on my hair, wrapping it in a shower cap and leaving it on for 30 mins. The soap should be of a high pH ( I just bought a cheap one from the store). If it got the henna out, which is almost impossible to remove with anything, it should get a non-permanent dye out as well. Anyways, it's a cheap thing to do, in case you run out of other alternatives. Btw, I did 3 soap- "treatments" to get my auburn hair back.

silvertongue
July 18th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Hey, that sounds like a great color combo! I've done my share of Manic Panicking in the past. The results were never particularly strong or long-lasting, especially black/Raven. It shouldn't be too hard to fade your dye job. Are you totally against a second application?

Blackfire
July 18th, 2013, 10:18 PM
The only good thing about conventional hair dye is that if you want it black it will be black. Have you tried henna and indigo?

Wouldn't henna and indigo be permanent? I don't want black hair forever....

Blackfire
July 18th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I think what I did wrong was not wash the last few days of product out before I put the dye on... DERP. wow, doing another application tomorrow when I get paid, If its still green Ill get some red to balance it out. le sigh, thanks for ideas everyone! I would post a pic, but it doesn't really show up in pictures.... its just a slight blueish green tint...

MaryO
July 21st, 2013, 04:06 AM
Oh dear, good luck in sorting it out. Unfortunately I have no advice. :-(

Blackfire
July 23rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
I went to Sally's where they told me to get a demi perm... I explained why I didn't want to use that... she said it doesn't damage your hair.. turned into an argument. my hair is too my waist when its straight, and healthy, this B had shoulder length SH** hair fried like eggs and bacon. Anyway, she ended up seeing my side when I explained why I didn't like each ingredient in particular. UGH. I ended up getting ION semi perm dye, and it looks awesome! it has a red undertone instead of green so it worked wonderfully. I had to LOL on the inside when the mean lady at the store said to me on my why out that because my hair is so "dry" I should try using this 'crazy new thing called a "CO-wash"' which is an actually product.... and which she pronounced CO as in copilot. *snicker*.

DrachenBelladon
July 24th, 2013, 10:08 PM
I agree with the vitamin C tablets.