PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to spray eau de toilette in your hair?

CurlyCap
July 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I prefer to spray perfume in my hair than on my skin, but I was wondering, is it safe to do everyday?

I'm talking about one spritz on each side of my hair, with the bottle far enough away that the product hits the hair as vapor.

Leeloo
July 16th, 2013, 03:48 PM
It might be drying for hair since eau de toilette spray has a lot of alcohol in it.

Achlys
July 16th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Perfume contains alcohol, so it would be drying to hair. It would be safer if you oiled your hair previously. Perfume is supposed to last better on oil anyway.

Leeloo
July 16th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks Achlys! I didn’t think of putting oil in hair and perfume on top of that. That’s a great idea

CurlyCap
July 16th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I always have a ton of leave-in conditioner in my hair, which I was thinking could act as a barrier. But my hair absorbs everything, so you can't tell how much leave-in is there until I wet it again and all the conditioner "reforms".

teddygirl
July 16th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure how long the alcohol lasts (I just assumed it dissapeared as soon as sprayed!) But I usually spray my brush and then brush through my hair. I don't see how spritzing your hair would cause too much damage, I'd be more worried about the wasted scent!

CurlyCap
July 16th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I'm not sure how long the alcohol lasts (I just assumed it dissapeared as soon as sprayed!) But I usually spray my brush and then brush through my hair. I don't see how spritzing your hair would cause too much damage, I'd be more worried about the wasted scent!

The skin on my chest doesn't like the alcohol sprayed directly on it, and this scent isn't sold as a parfum. So I'm trying to find an alternative place to apply!

jacqueline101
July 16th, 2013, 09:58 PM
I don't think it would hurt your hair as long as you don't over due it or put it on the scalp.