PDA

View Full Version : Odd question.....please help!

sarahthegemini
July 16th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Ok this is a bit odd but here goes: I've just started CWC-ing daily instead of just S+C, I've been doing this for 4 days now so not long but it seems that now, my hair can't 'handle' as much oil. I usually use 2 drops of oil after my shower to seal in moisture but now that seems to be making my hair greasy (i've concluded that it must be the oil that's doin this because my length rarely gets greasy otherwise/isn't greasy before cwc) Now I can only use one drop. Does anyone know the reason behind this?

MeganE
July 16th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Doesn't seem odd to me. The drier my hair is, the more oil it needs. If my hair is super moisturized, I have to use less oil or it gets greasy.

ETA: And the benefit of CWC is that adding conditioner first helps keep as much moisture from being stripped by the shampoo. So you have more moisture left in your hair after your washes now.

.... I think.

sarahthegemini
July 16th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Doesn't seem odd to me. The drier my hair is, the more oil it needs. If my hair is super moisturized, I have to use less oil or it gets greasy.

ETA: And the benefit of CWC is that adding conditioner first helps keep as much moisture from being stripped by the shampoo. So you have more moisture left in your hair after your washes now.

.... I think.

Ok, so it's a positive thing then? I didn't realise the benefits of cwc would be so quick, I thought the benefits would come over a longer period of time :) I'm mostly concerned that using less oil means my hair won't be as shiny (my natural hair is so-so in regards to shine, with 2 drops of oil, the shine is incredible)