PDA

View Full Version : New to LHC!!! Grow to waist, hip, or tailbone?

MermaidMane
July 15th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Hey so my account was just activated a few hours ago, I've been wanting to join the LHC for a while now but it wasn't until yesterday that I realized that registration here was open again:) I've been trying to grow my hair out for about the past 8 months and I'm currently at about BSL(26"). I want to grow my hair atleast to waist length(32") but I was also considering hip(36") or maybe even tailbone(38"). I used to color my hair alot, but I haven't dyed it at all since last November and I'd like to have all virgin hair one day. The pictures are of my current hair length and my hair in the end of October last year. What are all of your opinions? Thanks:)

MermaidMane
July 15th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Links to Pictures

~honeyflower~
July 15th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I think tailbone would look nice. :)

NoRush
July 15th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I think tailbone would look nice. :)

I agree :) and with that hemline shape I think it would look great! :)

kitemera15
July 15th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I second the votes for tailbone! I love that length :-)

SongofLove
July 15th, 2013, 06:46 PM
You have such lovely hair :) It depends on how you like to wear your hair and how much time you would be willing to take to care for your hair each day. And of course it depends on how your hair behaves at those different lengths. For me, waist was a fairly carefree length, but when I reached hip and tailbone, because my hair is very tangly, it started taking me a lot longer to comb and detangle, especially if I wore my hair down. However, I enjoy wearing my hair in braids or in buns pretty much all the time, so I am still enjoying my hair a lot at Classic length (even if I sometimes despair at the Tangles of Death that ensue anytime I accidentally fall asleep without doing my daily combing). However, your hair may be different and hip/tailbone may not be significantly different than waist. So I'd say try growing to tailbone and see which length you like best :) any length would look fantastic with your beautiful hair.

MermaidMane
July 15th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Thankyou @SongofLove. I still want to be able to wear it down as much as I'd like without worrying about it getting caught on anything or sitting on it, as well as have the option to have a really long braid and have it in one of those fancy updos. I think I may grow it to tailbone, just because I've never had it past waist and I want to see what it's like. I don't think I could handle my being any longer than that though. Kudos to you for having the patience to grow your hair all the way to knee!