PDA

View Full Version : Morning or evening?

Bellechevelure
July 15th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Hi everyone! I'm trying to figure if it's better for my hair and my life still to wash my hair during the morning or during the evening. It take so lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng to my ahir to dry. So what do you think? Do you have tips for the drying part?

Thank you:o

lunalocks
July 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM
It used to be mornings, on the days I do not work. But lately, I wash in the evening and let it partly dry, gently twist into a top knot for sleeping and then take down and dry the rest of the way in the morning.

earthybee
July 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I'm and evening girl too... I just sleep away my air drying as much as I can. It's still damp in the morning but it helps a lot.

teddygirl
July 15th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I hate waking up early, and I'm not allowed to have wet hair at work, so I wash in the evenings. Usually at 7ish, and that gives me a few hours to dry before bed.

ExpectoPatronum
July 15th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Like teddygirl, I hate waking up early so if I can sleep in an extra half hour by showering at night, I will.

Natalia
July 15th, 2013, 07:42 PM
It depends on your lifestyle and personality. Me I wash at night I hate washing during the day since it does take so long to dry and I get impatient and therefor rough with it. I figure washing at night is more convenient and overall sleeping with it loose is less damaging than yanking at it all day till it dries.

~Jae~
July 15th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I really really don't like sleeping with wet hair. I usually wash in the morning, wrap it up while I get ready until I'm no longer drippy, and then air drying. If I shower before sleeping then I put my hair in two french braids, although it will still be damp when I wake up.

jacqueline101
July 15th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I do evenings so I don't have to go out with wet hair.

Anje
July 15th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I tend to be an evening girl for hair washing, unless I've been procrastinating (easy to do when you go 4-5 days between washes normally) and decide in the morning that I just cannot show my face to my labmates with quite that much oil in it.

It tends to depend a bit on hair texture, too. In my experience, curlies who want to wear their hair loose are more likely to wash it that morning, because their curls will break up a bit and frizz when they sleep on them. On the other hand, those of us who wear our hair up most of the time are more likely to wash when it's most convenient.

Vanilla
July 15th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I'm an evening wash girl. Always have been.

MidnightMoon
July 15th, 2013, 09:28 PM
It's really hot during the day where I live so I prefer to wash in the morning because it dries better. If I wash in the evening it remains wet all night long and I wake up with a damp itchy scalp

MermaidMane
July 15th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I usually wash my hair in the evenings.

Brileeka
July 15th, 2013, 10:12 PM
I almost always wash my hair at night. I never feel like taking a shower in the mornings. I may take a shower during the day in the summer to cool off. I'm a night owl so I'm most alive at night and feel like taking a shower then. I take a shower a couple hours before bed so my hair is mostly dry by the time I go to bed.

silvertongue
July 15th, 2013, 10:32 PM
I prefer to wash my hair in the daytime solely because I strongly dislike sleeping with damp hair. But on the days that I do have to wash at night, I'll let it air dry for as long as possible, put it up, and sleep on it. It will be nice and wavy in the morning :) I also like folding a towel over my pillowcase (probably causes friction, but I'd still take that over wet pillow, yuck).

Leeloo
July 15th, 2013, 10:59 PM
I also like to sleep in so I try to wash in the evening.

supbanana
July 15th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I'm another evening person. I air dry, and having my hair down during the day drives me nuts because it gets everywhere. I can't put it up because I don't trust wet hair soaking my hair toys. So, I wash in the evening, get out the excess moisture with a towel, and then leave my hair in a loose braid overnight. By morning it's damp enough that it dries within an hour or so.

sarahthegemini
July 16th, 2013, 04:34 AM
I wash in the morning so I have fresh hair throughout the day. Mine doesn't take long to dry.

Haybop
July 16th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Afternoon. I cycle to work and back so washing it in the morning to just stuff a cycle helmet straight on it seems a bit of a wreck waiting to happen. In the afternoons I get home a bit sweaty betty if it's hot (like right now) or I really pushed myself so it's nice to just jump in the shower & get clean :) (plus showering in the morning would mean having to wake up earlier than my normal 4am alarm :O )

Natalina
July 16th, 2013, 05:03 AM
For me it's evening, time varies depending on the days. Because washing my entire head in the morning makes me sleepy instead of awake, so that's not good for me or my hair.

pressedflowers
July 16th, 2013, 05:17 AM
I've always washed my hair at night, probably because until a few years ago when I moved to an apartment without a tub, I took baths every other night. There are some downsides - damp scalp can get irritated and itchy as another poster mentioned, and having wet hair up against my ears causes them to be damp and get a little flaky when they're dry. But I hate waking up early, hate showering in the morning because I take too long and then I'm late, and hate going out with wet hair. Sleeping on my wet curls has always given them more volume.

NoRush
July 16th, 2013, 05:22 AM
I prefer to wash hair in the evening because druing the night the initial frizz goes down and I have nice smooth hair during the day. That being said, I usually wash whenever it's covenient.

MissAlida
July 16th, 2013, 05:29 AM
I hate to wake up early to wash my hair, but I also hate to go to bed with wet hair. So I wash it 2 hours before going to sleep, and air dry it, or lately, blow dry it.

Carolyn
July 16th, 2013, 05:36 AM
I do both depending on my next day's schedule and planned hair style. If I want to wear it down I have to wash it in the morning. In hot weather I love sleeping with wet hair. It's so cooling. In the winter, not so much. I'm usually up between 5 and 6 so washing in the morning usually isn't a time issue for me. If for some reason I have to get up at 3 or 4 and want clean hair, I would wash in the evening and maybe damp bun it for sleeping.

alexis917
July 16th, 2013, 06:11 AM
My hair takes a LONG time to air dry, but blow drying takes a while too.
So I don't bother, I wash it at night (1/2 hours before bed), then bun it when it's damp.
The following day my hair will still be damp enough to control frizz but not enough to be annoying and leave marks on my shirt, haha. Then I braid it or bun it up in some other way.

Arien
July 16th, 2013, 06:19 AM
I wash my hair both mornings and evenings. Tends to be evenings during the week and mornings at the weekend. My hair dries much better when I wash it in the morning. It dries a lot quicker, curlier and smoother. When I wash it in the evening it takes longer to dry which can make the ends go a little frizzy in which case I use my Fushi Really Good Hair Oil to smooth them down. It dries more wavy then curly in the evenings.

Haybop
July 16th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Tends to be evenings during the week and mornings at the weekend.

I do sometimes try out the idea of washing in the morning on a weekend - but then I go 'maybe after doing the housework', then I think after doing next weeks meals (single living, rock on!) which means after the grocery shopping then cooking... and it just gets to a point of no return :S

Bellechevelure
July 16th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Like a couple of girls here a hate sleeping with wet hair and when a wake up my waves are frizzy. Also,when I wash my hair in the evening they become greasy faster (maybe it's because I sleep on it more, i don't know). But, if I want to wash my hair in the morning, I have to wake up earlier and they never dry when I go out and I hate bun or braid it when it's damp.

Ahhhhhh, this delimma have no issues! :P

Thank you girls for sharing with me :)

excentricat
July 16th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Evening. I prefer to shower after work, and it will mostly dry overnight.

BrightEyes
July 16th, 2013, 06:53 AM
I'm a morning washer. I workout every morning and get really sweaty, so I like to have my hair clean and fresh for the day. I also often like to air dry my hair with gel scrunched in to enhance my waves. Washing at night would disrupt my wave pattern.

Warda
July 16th, 2013, 06:58 AM
I wash twice a week, so one day is a day off and the other I have work. On the day off I like to wash in the morning while on the work day I wash in the evening. What I like about washing in the morning is that I can do a heavy oiling and leave over night. My hair loves that so I'd always wash in the morning if I could

CousinItt
July 16th, 2013, 07:08 AM
I wash twice a week, so one day is a day off and the other I have work. On the day off I like to wash in the morning while on the work day I wash in the evening. What I like about washing in the morning is that I can do a heavy oiling and leave over night. My hair loves that so I'd always wash in the morning if I could

I only wash once a week, or depending on how my hair feels, and I damp bun my hair, but otherwise this is how I do it too. My schedule is never the same, so sometimes I work on wash day and sometimes I don't.

Arien
July 16th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I do sometimes try out the idea of washing in the morning on a weekend - but then I go 'maybe after doing the housework', then I think after doing next weeks meals (single living, rock on!) which means after the grocery shopping then cooking... and it just gets to a point of no return :S

Haha :D. Well I do admit I tend to do all the housework whilst still in my P.J's on a Saturday morning, so quite often washing my hair in the morning turns into washing my hair at "Oh my goodness it's nearly lunch time and I'm still not dressed"! time ;). Food shopping for me always comes after hair washing! Got to look fabulous at the supermarket! :P

catasa
July 16th, 2013, 07:34 AM
I really wish that I could wash at night, but sleeping on wet hair means total disaster and a mandatory re-wetting the day after due to seriously strange-looking lumpy bed-head... :) at least if I am planning on leaving the house. So mornings for me, that at least gives me a chance to wear my hair down (though that is always a 50-50 chance also... :rolleyes: )

panffle
July 16th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I wash my hair in the evening, because that's when I'm home. My schedule isn't really stable so I rather wash at night.

Fnugg
July 16th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I prefer to wash in the middle of the day, so my hair is dry before I go to bed, but without having to wake up extra early. I would probably have been a night washer, hadn't it been for my mother who convinced me when I was growing up, that braiding wet hair and going to bed would make my hair rot. Still not comfortable with the thought of going to bed with wet hair. :eek:

Emanuelle
July 16th, 2013, 02:09 PM
When I have time. And thanks to my softhood bonnet attachment, I can even wash in the evenings. :)

Skade
July 16th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Like teddygirl, I hate waking up early so if I can sleep in an extra half hour by showering at night, I will.

Thatīs me also.. Just too tired in the mornings.

Alienor
July 16th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I always wash my hair in the morning because I hate going to the bed with wet hair. I don't care about going to work with wet hair (in that case I wear a bun).

AmberJewel
July 16th, 2013, 03:21 PM
I prefer to wash my hair in the evening once things have slowed down and I can relax about it. But I can't stand going to bed with wet hair because it makes it look greasy in the morning for some reason. (Any ideas about this?) So I wash it an hour or so before bed and just sit on the roof to let it airdry in the breeze. Then again, I live in the Caribbean, so maybe this wouldn't work for you?

Khiwanean
July 16th, 2013, 03:27 PM
I shower in the evenings. Afterward, I wrap my hair in a towel for a bit, then air dry some. When I go to sleep it is inevitably still damp, so I just toss my hair over my pillow so it hangs over the edge of the bed. Usually, by morning the only part that is damp is my nape.

1nuitblanche
July 16th, 2013, 03:32 PM
I prefer to wash at night. Somehow it takes some of the frizz out of my hair. Maybe texture has something to do with this?

Firefox7275
July 16th, 2013, 05:45 PM
I prefer to wash at night. Somehow it takes some of the frizz out of my hair. Maybe texture has something to do with this?

Curly Girl method: I used to have that until I switched to conditioner only washing and quit brushing my hair. These alter the charge on the hair which discourages the hairs from wanting to lie together. Also porous hair that is slightly damp (but may feel dry to touch) may frizz due to the excess water, that can also happen in high dew points.

kysgrl
July 16th, 2013, 10:43 PM
I wash it in the morning but Im bad and use a hair dryer most of the time

spirals
July 16th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Washing happens whenever convenient to my revolving work schedule, or on my scalp's demand. My hair does take a long time to dry, so after sopping up most of the moisture with a microfiber towel, I take it out and put it in a thin cotton pareo, which speeds up the process. I can go to bed or work with damp hair, so it's not a problem.

CurlyMopTop
July 17th, 2013, 07:23 AM
I'm usually a morning washer. I don't mind going out with wet hair, especially in the summer. It helps me stay cool in the hot weather. In the winter I try to give it some time to dry a bit before putting it up. If I do wash at night, I just bun it for bed anyway.

Vik
July 17th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Evenings for me as well. When my hair was longer, I used to let it partially dry, then put it in a sock bun overnight.
In the morning it was dry and curly. :)

Currently it is too short, but dries rather quickly. Once it is long(er) again, I will do the sock bun method again.

butterfly_dream
July 17th, 2013, 10:31 AM
I wash my hair in the evening and let it partly dry, then I gently twist it into a top knot for sleeping.

GabrielleRose
July 17th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I wash my hair evenings, I don't like to get up early and if I go outside with my hair wet it tends to get really flat. I have no idea why it gets flat, but of course by the next day it poofs up a bit which I like.