PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this Classic?!! And a Q!! :)

AspenSong
July 15th, 2013, 11:16 AM
So, I think I can call this classic! Thoughts? I held my shirt down so it was right at the place classic should be on me, below my beeeehind. :)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rqhnvb.jpg

Now my question - Do my ends look super horrible? =/ I wore a light shirt on purpose so I could get a better gauge of how they were looking. I know they're getting thin and I've been trimming bits and doing 1/2 an inch here and there all along, but I'm worried they look not so great. Not that it's a huge deal since I don't wear my hair down really, but still. Wondering if I should trim them back to TB a few inches, but not wanting to since I'm finally at this length. :confused:

http://i39.tinypic.com/24qqnbo.jpg

CurlyCaz
July 15th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Congratulations!

I don't think the ends look horrible at all!

You could trim a tiny bit off each month to maintain the length but straighten up the ends/ reduce the taper.

Anje
July 15th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Looks great!

And your ends don't look horrible at all. They're flicking out a bit, as ends are wont to do, but don't seem damaged or overly thin.

Bellechevelure
July 15th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Congrats! Your hair are beautiful and the lenght... amazing. :)

But the ends looks a little thin, not super horrible! If I was at your place I will cut just a inch regularly (like 3 months maybe) not to tailbone.

spidermom
July 15th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Congratulations on reaching classic length. Nope - the ends aren't terrible. You can trim or not, as you choose.

carinkla
July 15th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I dont think your ends look horrible only a little thinner. But speaking from experience in this lenght that is almost impossible to avoid. I did several attempts to grow a reasonably full classic but it seems nature works against it with most people. ;)

Skade
July 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Looks like you´re there. I don't think the ends look horrible at all. A little on the thin side, if it were me I would maybe cut just one inch to even it up a bit. But I know, that´s really not what one wants to do when finally being happy with the length. Whatever you do, congratulations on reaching your goal! :thumbsup:

ExpectoPatronum
July 15th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I wish my ends looked like yours, if that's any consolation.

Jenny31557
July 15th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Wow beautiful hair! I love the length! You are my hair inspiration! If it were me, I wouldn't cut, I would just leave it. Congratulations on Classic!!

ravenheather
July 15th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Yay classic! If it were me I wouldn't trim. If your ends really bug you then maintain at classic for a bit.

melusine963
July 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Your ends actually look like they're in great condition, just thin. If you never wear your hair down I'd leave them be. Otherwise I'd trim back to TBL. Either way, you have beautiful hair. You're one of the LHCers I look to when I need a reminder that thin hair can still look good. :)

redsiren
July 15th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Ah, classic.... :swoon:
It's going to take me forever to get there, if ever:)
Congratulations on reaching it!!

Seeshami
July 15th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Looks good to me! Keiky says Mreow!

Leeloo
July 15th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I think you can totally call this classic. Congratulations! And your ends look great too. I would start trimming the new growth if you want a more of a blunt hemline, but I wouldn’t take any length off. You are at Classic!

jacqueline101
July 15th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Congrats on classic and your ends are okay.

SongofLove
July 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Gorgeous hair :inlove: ravishing color and definitely Classic length. The ends are beautiful; there's no need to trim I would think!

earthybee
July 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Congratulations on your beautiful classic length! It looks great to me. I can only imagine how my ends would look at that length :lol: I think yours look great!

AspenSong
July 15th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Thanks guys! Feels better to hear most of my fellow long hairs don't think my ends look terrible! I don't feel like I can trust outsider opinions on this stuff the same. ;) haha.
I get occasional tangly moments where they aren't behaving, but I think it's just because it's older hair and always a wittle more dry and seen more days than the rest.

AspenSong
July 15th, 2013, 06:48 PM
You're one of the LHCers I look to when I need a reminder that thin hair can still look good. :)

Aw, dang...Thank you so much! I appreciate that more than you know, because I go through some bad *hair envy* bouts here looking at all the great, thick hair....and I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle trying to have pretty long hair, when it's so so fine and thin and like maybe I just shouldn't have it super long. But hearing something like that makes me feel nice! :)

Kherome
July 15th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Yep, sure looks like Classic to me. I'd trim back 2" if it were me, not because they look damaged, but because I'd want them to thicken. If you cut 2" it should be back by November if you have an average growth rate.

faellen
July 16th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Really beautiful hair, so smooth! :crush:

leslissocool
July 16th, 2013, 02:39 AM
It looks gorgeous! You can also wait 2 months and just mantain in classic to thicken up!

Haybop
July 16th, 2013, 02:50 AM
I'm not an expert on hair lengths yet but I will say that is amazing hair :D Some say classic, I'll say classy ;)

kittenface
July 16th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Your hair looks amazing!!

AspenSong
July 17th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks all! :)
It's always nice to hear all the sweet stuff because in real life, no one says a thing. haha.

I may let them go a bit longer before I trim. It's funny, in my early teens, I had no inhibitions about chopping however many inches off when I got an itch for change. And even when it was classic length when I was about 18 - I cut it and ended up spending several years between BSL and chin and every length between. Now however, I don't want to part with any length and half an inch is even sort of scary!

Dandelion6
July 17th, 2013, 09:14 PM
No need to take half an inch! Your ends look great! It seems that there is a bit of thinning of the last 3 to 4 inches. If it was me I would just dust the ends every 6 weeks and in 6 to 8 months have a more full classic.